crucarta pm2 now shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mrj

Re: crucarta pm2 now shipping

Post by Mrj »

MRj “Weak things break!”
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:29 am
I think I'm officially retiring my Crucarta PM2 tabs today. I hope everybody here that wanted one, got one!
Beau, I just wanted to also offer my thanks for the work you do to keep everyone appraised of in stock opportunities. Happy Thanksgiving!
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

I’m giving away a BNIB Crucarta PM2 tomorrow. I’ll post a new thread in the morning. Be watching!
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Coutellerie Tourangelle in France received some of em. Listed at 205€ . Not a terrible mark-up at all for european buyers !

Will pass on that, but I wanted to share the news.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Matus

Post by Matus »

It is not a mark up, it is called taxes :)
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Matus wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:42 am
It is not a mark up, it is called taxes :)
Well you are right. However, in France, they often add way more than taxes : I mispoke by force of habit!
Some regular production Spydercos are sold at pretty crazy prices.

EDIT : And I've just noticed that I was using the word "mark-up" incorrectly. I thought it meant "increase in price", but not at all...
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

vivi

Post by vivi »

TheGiant80 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:58 pm
I’m giving away a BNIB Crucarta PM2 tomorrow. I’ll post a new thread in the morning. Be watching!
Very generous of you. if I manage to win it I plan to put a thin, coarse edge on it, then setup a passaround for the forum.
:unicorn
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

kadinh

Post by kadinh »

Thank you! I have been chasing one for a while and was finally able to snag one.
You should never have to ask yourself "do i really need another knife?" The answer is obvious...
bleasure

Post by bleasure »

ok, hopefully there's been enough time that folks have used it enough to have takes and opinions. having already locked myself in with an order, I want to know about your experiences with the much larger cutout on the back vs the standard pm2. regardless of flex, which I'm not too concerned about, I wondered if any of you have found it noticeable: less comfortable, bothersome, annoying, a problem in any signficant way, or if it's simply a non-issue and has no appreciable effect on the feeling of the knife. how's it been so far?

also wonder if anyone has any verified info on why that choice was made. my guess is that vs say the shaman, where it was not done, the thinner scales meant this was either harder to machine without error, or had an increased liklihood of breakage at that joint. if it risks breaking, it presents a warranty-liable claim due to intrinsic 'defects,' and i can easily imagine sc deciding it's more worth it to eliminate the liability in that case.

either way i'm excited to try it out myself, esp. against the zdp stretch which i am absolutely thrilled with and which seems like the most clear comparison from a design standpoint. if i end up not liking the gap, i think i'll just ultimately make a wooden replacement scale, have me a nice rustic version of the two-toned titanium high-end folders.
Crox

Post by Crox »

bleasure wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:01 pm
ok, hopefully there's been enough time that folks have used it enough to have takes and opinions. having already locked myself in with an order, I want to know about your experiences with the much larger cutout on the back vs the standard pm2. regardless of flex, which I'm not too concerned about, I wondered if any of you have found it noticeable: less comfortable, bothersome, annoying, a problem in any signficant way, or if it's simply a non-issue and has no appreciable effect on the feeling of the knife. how's it been so far?

also wonder if anyone has any verified info on why that choice was made. my guess is that vs say the shaman, where it was not done, the thinner scales meant this was either harder to machine without error, or had an increased liklihood of breakage at that joint. if it risks breaking, it presents a warranty-liable claim due to intrinsic 'defects,' and i can easily imagine sc deciding it's more worth it to eliminate the liability in that case.

either way i'm excited to try it out myself, esp. against the zdp stretch which i am absolutely thrilled with and which seems like the most clear comparison from a design standpoint. if i end up not liking the gap, i think i'll just ultimately make a wooden replacement scale, have me a nice rustic version of the two-toned titanium high-end folders.
I don’t have a regular pm2 so I am only able to compare it to para3 lw and Kapara. Regarding the cutout, I do find it much easier and more comfortable to hold and locate the tab when closing it. Especially when not looking at it - just seems like success is more likely without mental energy. I do find that the nub from the choil can barely hit my finger in some cases when I really dig in. Not a real problem it’s not a bother - just mentioning.

I find no flex or cutout problems when the knife is open and in use. It’s really great.

I’m starting to get a blue denim transfer on one side on the scales from pocket time. It looks pretty cool in my opinion.
Big_Tex

Post by Big_Tex »

Bryan
Atlanta, GA
IG @BryanCBailey

Current pocket rotation:
Z-Wear/Micarta Shaman
Magnacut Native 5 LW
k390 Endela

:bug-red : 73 Spydies in the collection
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Big_Tex wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:18 pm
In stock at GP Knives!

https://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-para- ... mpcw2.html

It's good to see that GPK is limiting them to one per order.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
bleasure

Post by bleasure »

now that I have my own knife, the concerns i had about the locking area have been laid to rest. I feel no appreciable difference using this knife than other pm2/3s with the fuller cover behind the lock. if anything the handle is downright sensual. would i like it there? sure. but it's clear now that's nothing but an aesthetic preference, and not a significant one.

on the other hand, i did not expect how beautiful this thing would be in person. the micarta is probably the best i've had in a knife, and it's not only great looking and feeling on its own, it makes the rest of the knife more beautiful. the hardware and blade almost glitter in a way they just don't on g10 models, the combo is incredible. so shiny, so chrome. and just like my blacked out cruwear pm3, this is the sharpest factory knife i have ever received. i feel like this guy while literally splitting hairs with it https://youtu.be/ZXRb6nPcx10
Last edited by bleasure on Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Hi all. Does anyone know if they made it up to Canada yet? I've subscribed to get a notice but haven't heard a peep. May be a good thing w Xmas so close!
TJB

Post by TJB »

Albertaboyscott wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:44 am
Hi all. Does anyone know if they made it up to Canada yet? I've subscribed to get a notice but haven't heard a peep. May be a good thing w Xmas so close!
They did at a couple places very very briefly but soon got sold out. One site does not have then listed anymore. I managed to get one from our local dealer. Little bit of an upcharge for a local small business but no shipping and i got to play with it before i bought it.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I've recently entered the world of the Spyderco facebook groups, and on the french one people seem to be really pissed with that knife.
I don't get why. With everyone here that bought one, people would've posted threads about it, no ?
(Being french and complaining seems to go hand in hand :squinting-tongue )

z1r

Post by z1r »

I absolutely love the knife. I've heard complaints about the release but honestly don't understand them. Yes, it is different than say on my base model PM2 but, in use, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I would imagine that the cost in France is substantially more than here in the US so any perceived shortcomings would probably be magnified.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

This Cruwear PM2 is honestly my grail knife. It has barely left my pocket since I bought it and because its regular production, I have been actually using without the fear of not being able to replace it.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I've been carrying my mine a lot since I got it.. the perceived "weak" lock-bar cutout area is not a real issue in actual use as far as I'm concerned. This version is a really nice expression of the PM2.

Back in stock at Sooner State Knives as of this posting..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..