crucarta pm2 now shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TheGiant80

Re: crucarta pm2 now shipping

Post by TheGiant80 »

Albertaboyscott wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:44 am
Hi all. Does anyone know if they made it up to Canada yet? I've subscribed to get a notice but haven't heard a peep. May be a good thing w Xmas so close!
They’ve come and gone at House of Knives, but Warriors and Wonders/Blades Canada haven’t received their shipment yet. Maybe something to do with the crazy weather and flooding in BC, I’m not sure..
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

DSH007 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:54 pm
I've been carrying my mine a lot since I got it.. the perceived "weak" lock-bar cutout area is not a real issue in actual use as far as I'm concerned. This version is a really nice expression of the PM2.

Back in stock at Sooner State Knives as of this posting..
I'm glad to see a few people seeing what I saw when I did my "for science" testing when I got mine. You are really going to need to be abusing it, in a manner that it was never intended to, in order to do damage to that area of the knife IMO. And when using really using the knife it is a non-issue all-together. I could not deform the material to the same point I could by purposely placing and pinching the stuff with my fingers. In normal knife grips it does not deform to the same degree at all.
It is a well thought out design for that area and the material used.
Big_Tex

Post by Big_Tex »

In stock again at New Graham Knives

https://newgraham.com/Paramilitary-2-CP ... SC81MPCW2/
Bryan
Atlanta, GA
IG @BryanCBailey

Current pocket rotation:
Z-Wear/Micarta Shaman
Magnacut Native 5 LW
k390 Endela

:bug-red : 73 Spydies in the collection
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

troutinCO wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:54 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:54 pm
I've been carrying my mine a lot since I got it.. the perceived "weak" lock-bar cutout area is not a real issue in actual use as far as I'm concerned. This version is a really nice expression of the PM2.

Back in stock at Sooner State Knives as of this posting..
I'm glad to see a few people seeing what I saw when I did my "for science" testing when I got mine. You are really going to need to be abusing it, in a manner that it was never intended to, in order to do damage to that area of the knife IMO. And when using really using the knife it is a non-issue all-together. I could not deform the material to the same point I could by purposely placing and pinching the stuff with my fingers. In normal knife grips it does not deform to the same degree at all.
It is a well thought out design for that area and the material used.
I 100% agree with your assessment here!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
yoteslayer

Post by yoteslayer »

Anybody have a line on one?
Danke

Post by Danke »

TheGiant80 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:08 pm
Albertaboyscott wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:44 am
Hi all. Does anyone know if they made it up to Canada yet? I've subscribed to get a notice but haven't heard a peep. May be a good thing w Xmas so close!
They’ve come and gone at House of Knives, but Warriors and Wonders/Blades Canada haven’t received their shipment yet. Maybe something to do with the crazy weather and flooding in BC, I’m not sure..
In stock at Blades Canada late this afternoon.
Danke

Post by Danke »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone
islandpar

Post by islandpar »

I got mine recently, one side is darker than the other but that doesn't matter to me. Does anyone else's have a tight lock? I mean when you push to unlock, there's little more effort (like its dragging harder across then an audible clicking sound). With my other PM2's it has an easier feeling no click or drag.
"Remember, it is never the knife's fault." - Daniel Boulud

18 Spyders and counting...
bleasure

Post by bleasure »

islandpar wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:33 am
I got mine recently, one side is darker than the other but that doesn't matter to me. Does anyone else's have a tight lock? I mean when you push to unlock, there's little more effort (like its dragging harder across then an audible clicking sound). With my other PM2's it has an easier feeling no click or drag.
I haven't had that experience with the lock, though it sounds odd enough to be meaningful. The only issues with mine are it being off center, and a less-refined satin finish at the spine of the blade from what looks like some rough/missed finishing, neither of which bother me whatsoever. Especially given the point of this design as far as I'm concerned - a rough using, outdoor/camp knife.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

PM2 CruCarta with a current street price of $171.50 will soon (January 2022) have a street price $188.65! Try to track them down now!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

z1r wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:41 pm
I absolutely love the knife. I've heard complaints about the release but honestly don't understand them. Yes, it is different than say on my base model PM2 but, in use, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I would imagine that the cost in France is substantially more than here in the US so any perceived shortcomings would probably be magnified.
I did just put this to the fact that people just complain a lot ^^ But The fact that this is sold between 205€ and 234€ is most certainly a big factor.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
z1r

Post by z1r »

RamZar wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:32 pm
PM2 CruCarta with a current street price of $171.50 will soon (January 2022) have a street price $188.65! Try to track them down now!
Dang, glad I got one now. Not sure if I will be buying many next year. I kind of went nuts this year!
drnate

Post by drnate »

Couldn’t take the wait anymore. Canceled my preorder (circa January ‘21) and ordered an in-stock example from national knives.
I’m done with preorders.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear drnate:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Danke

Post by Danke »

z1r

Post by z1r »

Nice pic!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

"Cool" pic
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Danke wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:33 am
Until I saw your pic I almost forgot what snow looked like :winking-tongue
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Back in stock at Blade HQ. I almost caved, but I really want my DLT points.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Yes I got an email this morning and feel the same way . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau