Dodo Lock Failure

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mac_heath

Postby mac_heath » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:25 pm

Jim,

Remember that UPS didn't work on Monday (holiday), so you have two weekends to contend with. Also, in my experience, UPS is much slower than USPS when it comes to cross-country ground shipping. 5-8 business days from CA to FLA. It's all dependent upon the Zone you're in. If you're in a nearby zone, it's like next day. Otherwise, you wait.

<a href=http://www.spyderco.com/forum/Topic.asp ... Discussion

Jimd

Postby Jimd » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:55 pm

Mac__Heath: Otherwise, you wait. >>>>>>

I guess I wait.
While I understand that shipping takes time, I confess to being irritated at the fact that the knife was promised to be shipped Overnight Express, and that was not done.

Overnight Express and ten days are a far cry from each other. If the knife was not going to be shipped in the manner promised, then I wish Mr. Hayes would not have suggested it.

At any rate, I've been without my knife for a couple weeks now, and have had to pay shipping back to the company after I just bought the thing. It was nearly brand new.

Perhaps I'm being too petty, but I'm just frustrated right now.

Sniper -- One Shot, One Kill Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com

bell

Postby bell » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:36 pm

Well Jim, the Dodo carriers are wishing for a quick and positive outcome to your situation. You finally found the perfect design for your needs and ****, the thing busted. Sounds like Sal and Co. are trying to do their best to make it good but bad karma is in the works. Wish I could lend you mine but I am a little too far away. Good luck from So Cal. BTW, Dodo is my best buddy on the LA subway not to mention utility chores at home.

sal

Postby sal » Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:26 pm

Hi Jim, sorry 'bout that. I guess we owe you one. Last day of the month was a zoo.

I'm sure we'll have an opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

sal

Jimd

Postby Jimd » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:03 am

Sal: Hi Jim, sorry 'bout that. I guess we owe you one. >>>

No problem, Sal. Thanks for the offer, I think I'll take you up on it; how about a Plain Edge Dodo?
Thanks!

Sniper -- One Shot, One Kill Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”