Smock exclusives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
metaphoricalsimile

Smock exclusives?

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

I don't love S30V and I don't buy black knives, but I really want a Smock. Are there any exclusives that get restocked with any regularity that I should add to my watchlist? Is my best bet the secondary market?
Bemo

Re: Smock exclusives?

Post by Bemo »

BladeHQ had them in sprint runs with the jade G10, M4 steel, and one version had the blacked out blade. I picked up the first batch without the coating and am very happy with it. Not sure if they have any still in stock (I would doubt it, it's a very popular design) but worth a try.
Danke

Post by Danke »

DLT had a very nice exclusive Smock also but as they say only dead fish swim with the current. Exclusives are almost never restocked.
Matus

Post by Matus »

Smock would be a great candidate for a k390 version ...
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I think I got my smooth black g-10 20cv smock from knifejoy? Not sure if they'll ever do another run.

I feel like people were waiting for the exclusives, we had 3 different ones, and now the hype is over. It's a great knife, not sure about the level of demand for another sprint though. Never say never.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I have the smooth black G10 & 20CV one and like it just fine. But the OP says they won't buy a black knife lol. I think it looks really classy but to each their own. Personally, other than having a lot of it, S30V has served me very well. I'd just buy the regular production one and put different scales on it if I wanted something different
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

The Knife Joy 20cv is the one that got away for me. Hopefully they will do another run.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Just got my Smock this morning from KSF . I want to thank everyone for your help with my lefty questions, they were spot on . Hope to buy a exclusive someday in a different steel and scales but stock example is not an issue with me .
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau