Caribbean plain edge

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Oceansidepatrick

Caribbean plain edge

Post by Oceansidepatrick »

So I got talked into an SE salt 2 in H1 as my intro to spyderco, after being underwhelmed by the too-small-for-my-purposes-dragonfly (also salt version), and it turns out that I do not like having a fully serrated blade (I already knew that but you guys really, really wanted me to think otherwise). I have come to love it in every other way, though. Even the plastic handles.

So I've ordered a plain edge lc200n salt 2, and I'm waiting patiently for it. But I have also been wanting a compression lock spyderco. I use my knives. I would only ever buy the salt versions of any Spyderco and I came to the realization that I want a caribbean as opposed to a pm3 or pm2. But I can only find serrated versions. Everywhere. What is going on? Is it because of a CQI? When will I be able to buy a non serrated Caribbean?
sal

Re: Caribbean plain edge

Post by sal »

Hi Oceansidepatrick,

Welcome to our forum.

We're still making Caribbeans in Plain edge. Some models are harder to find.

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It's just because the serrated versions are way way way way better 😊

Well, I think so. It's a great design all around though.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Matus

Post by Matus »

Yes, also in Europe the availability is low. I snatched my plain edge leaf shaped model a few months ago - only a few became available in one shop and were gone quickly.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Oceansidepatrick wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:37 pm
So I got talked into an SE salt 2 in H1 as my intro to spyderco, after being underwhelmed by the too-small-for-my-purposes-dragonfly (also salt version), and it turns out that I do not like having a fully serrated blade (I already knew that but you guys really, really wanted me to think otherwise). I have come to love it in every other way, though. Even the plastic handles.

I think if you come from PE, the H1 SE Salt 2 (though nice) will not really let you experience what SE is all about: Sabre hollow, rather aggressive serrations out of the box - getting the ffg LC200N version in SE would have been the better choice imo, and even that one needs some sharpenings and mellow the serrations to show its full potential...

/ Anyway: Hope you'll get your PE Caribbean soon and will enjoy it! :smlling-eyes
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)