Spyderco Reveal Update

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ric

Re: Spyderco Reveal Update

Post by Ric »

Thanks for the update.
I am looking forward to the new process.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Years ago I used to be looking forward for the next year's sprints and models.

Then they split it into Reveals.

Now it was revealed that the Reveals are gone as well and it took them a while to figure that out while we kept asking.

They used to have the Amsterdam Meet, loved seeing the prototypes videos and pictures, people were sharing that and it was great looking thru those topics.

All of that's history now, this used to be a fun company and it stopped being fun some time ago.

Exclusives are probably killing all the fun and schedules because these are consistently popping up while for everything else covid is to blame, they probably got used to work with money upfront like a specific feminine socioeconomic category.
TomH

Post by TomH »

Thanks for the update. It makes perfect sense to me.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Snacktime wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:05 pm
Really going to miss the reveals, half the reason I am on the forum so much this month.
The Reveals are NOT going anywhere. You'll still be able to enjoy them. ;)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Can we get them posted on the forum here as well for the low tech dinosaurs like myself who don’t use social media or the app?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Matus

Post by Matus »

This makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks for the update.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Radetzky

Post by Radetzky »

Thanks for the update Kristi!
RamZar wrote: In addition to announcements via your "social media platforms and the Spyderco app" will you be creating threads here as well? I think a thread whereby only someone from Spyderco updates it with just new products would be ideal. We would subscribe to it and get notifications of just new products dropping soon.
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:58 am
Can we get them posted on the forum here as well for the low tech dinosaurs like myself who don’t use social media or the app?

I would also really appreciate having a thread here on the forum for announcement.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I miss the old way, before the reveals. Feel like we had more influence on the designs.

We could say, oh your thinking of doing that? Sounds great. Or That sounds like a bad idea because....

I feel like Spyderco was pretty good at listening to our input on future designs.

Now by the time we know something's coming, it's already been made.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, everyone:
Posting on the forum will be included in the new digital Reveal process. :smiling-cheeks

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Danke

Post by Danke »

I definitely understand the logic of this and we do the same thing at work now with targeted releases but you do loose that "Christmas Morning" effect of seeing it all an once.
izzoyournizzo

Post by izzoyournizzo »

Kristi, can you tell us which social media channels specifically? Which channel gets priority over others? Will releases be revealed in the forum in tangent, like mules as well?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

TazKristi wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:24 am
Snacktime wrote:
Really going to miss the reveals, half the reason I am on the forum so much this month.

Kristi
But "just" in the printed format? (Not sure)

And: I am oldschool: Does "announcement on social media platforms" INCLUDE this very forum?
I don't have instagram, facebook, the Spyderco app...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 am
TazKristi wrote:
Snacktime wrote:

Kristi

And: I am oldschool: Does "announcement on social media platforms" INCLUDE this very forum?

Kristi did mention that they will post on this forum in addition to social media and the app.
TazKristi wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:24 pm
Hey, everyone:
Posting on the forum will be included in the new digital Reveal process. :smiling-cheeks

Kristi
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

RamZar wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:47 am
Wartstein wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 am
TazKristi wrote:
Snacktime wrote:

Kristi did mention that they will post on this forum in addition to social media and the app.
TazKristi wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:24 pm
Hey, everyone:

Kristi
Thanks! Somehow missed that...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

Although I liked knowing what to look forward to and to be able to budget for it, I think this will work well as long as there is enough product to support the initial demand.
sethwm

Post by sethwm »

Gsg9 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:30 am
they probably got used to work with money upfront like a specific feminine socioeconomic category.
…what?
sethwm

Post by sethwm »

Danke wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:03 pm
I definitely understand the logic of this and we do the same thing at work now with targeted releases but you do loose that "Christmas Morning" effect of seeing it all an once.
I for one am happier with this newly proposed model. You get more releases (albeit each smaller) and probably immediate availability. Once they get rolling I suspect it’ll be a steady cadence.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Hopefully, we’ll see previous Reveals in 2021 since they were announced 5-17+ months ago!

Many are really looking forward to the regular production “ParaMilitary2 CPM-CRUWEAR Brown Micarta C81MPCW2” (PM2 CruCarta) announced 9 months ago!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

RamZar wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:24 am
Hopefully, we’ll see previous Reveals in 2021 since they were announced 5-17+ months ago!

Many are really looking forward to the regular production “ParaMilitary2 CPM-CRUWEAR Brown Micarta C81MPCW2” (PM2 CruCarta) announced 9 months ago!
And counting !!!
jousmit19

Post by jousmit19 »

I think it's a good idea