Talk me out of UKPK Salt SE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tonijedi

Re: Talk me out of UKPK Salt SE

Post by tonijedi »

Jason Paul wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:40 pm

Yeah, me too maybe...
Well, front the list of your favorites, I assume you follow the same religion as I do: the holy salty stuff.
I was happy to see the ukpk join the salt line, so I can give it a shot.
The spydiechef is my current unobtainable knife, hope it isn't discontinued soon, or at least not before I win the lottery.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi UKSpydie,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

What a bunch of enablers! ;) Some say buy it, some say wait a while, others say how great it is and salt is the greatest. This not a large investment so if you want it give it a try. Some of the best Spydies I have were bought on impulse and I have no regrets. If I had not pulled the trigger I would then have had regrets. :thinking
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

UkSpydie wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:57 pm
Finally decided to make an account, rather than just lurk and lust over this knife. It’s my birthday gift (even if it’s closer to me next one!) and really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Annoyingly Heinnie don’t seem to have any, and I really don’t want to wait a year before they get new stock like they did with the HH UKPK. I also don’t have any real trust in customs to allow it through from abroad after they confiscated one I bought years ago.

Hopefully Sal could give us a cheeky update on if they’ll be shipping to them soon?
The UKPK SE Salt is in stock RIGHT NOW at Lamnia. I’ve had loads from them over the years without problem.
Jason Paul

Post by Jason Paul »

tonijedi wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:50 pm
Jason Paul wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:40 pm

Yeah, me too maybe...
Well, front the list of your favorites, I assume you follow the same religion as I do: the holy salty stuff.
I was happy to see the ukpk join the salt line, so I can give it a shot.
The spydiechef is my current unobtainable knife, hope it isn't discontinued soon, or at least not before I win the lottery.
Right, salty for the most part; although I did just take the "risk" of ordering a K390 Stretch...

But yeah, we get long summers here that are generally pretty hot & humid, so I generally like the idea of low-maintenance salts. So, I'm eyeballing the UKPK salt as well. After getting the Stretch though, I probably won't actually order anything new until Christmas, so we'll have to see what's in stock.

As for the Spydiechef - many folks claim it as their favorite, so I would image it will stick around for a while. It's a good one though, maybe save a little here and a little there... Easier said than done though sometimes!
Jason

Current Rotation:
Pacific Salt 2 PE (H1)
Spydiechef
Stretch 2 (K390)
Chaparral LW
Dragonfly 2 Salt SE (Bonus 2nd blade!)
Superfool

Post by Superfool »

Just bought the plain and serrated ukpk salts. Great little knives.

But I am a UKPK pervert...
David
Always outnumbered; never outgunned.

Proud member of Sal's Troublemaker Class since July 2020
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

IMO this is probably the best knife of this year and this combination of salty slipjoint, size, steel, color and execution is probably one of the best they ever did.

Also the way Spyderco is operating now when this run is sold out nobody knows how long it will take until you will see them available again.

So don't buy it, avoid it like the plague!

Josh1973

Post by Josh1973 »

Buy it. I dare you lol. You know you want it. you want it badly haha. Do it Do it.
UkSpydie

Post by UkSpydie »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:13 am
UkSpydie wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:57 pm
Finally decided to make an account, rather than just lurk and lust over this knife. It’s my birthday gift (even if it’s closer to me next one!) and really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Annoyingly Heinnie don’t seem to have any, and I really don’t want to wait a year before they get new stock like they did with the HH UKPK. I also don’t have any real trust in customs to allow it through from abroad after they confiscated one I bought years ago.

Hopefully Sal could give us a cheeky update on if they’ll be shipping to them soon?
The UKPK SE Salt is in stock RIGHT NOW at Lamnia. I’ve had loads from them over the years without problem.
Just ordered, thanks for the recommendation!
UKPK every day
Matus

Post by Matus »

This thread made me think a lot about the salty UKPK - and brought me to the point whether the S110V could be the better option for me as it is plenty stainless while having a much better edge retention. Hmmm
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Matus wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:06 pm
This thread made me think a lot about the salty UKPK - and brought me to the point whether the S110V could be the better option for me as it is plenty stainless while having a much better edge retention. Hmmm

BUT, also lacks a serrated option and is considerably more tedious to sharpen. Pros and cons for sure.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Matus wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:06 pm
I have carried and used the S110V version for a number of years. I normally carry it IWB, and it has resisted corrosion like a champ, even over the hot summer months. For my uses it resists corrosion well enough for all circumstances other than ocean/beach use. The dark blue also blends in better for everyday carry with jeans if that is important...
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
UkSpydie

Post by UkSpydie »

So I finally got mine from Lamnia and my goodness, this knife is amazing!

Not sure how you post pictures, as I'm not used to this type of message board posting system, but living by the sea means you have to have a picture of it by the fishing nets.
UKPK every day
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

UkSpydie wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:57 pm

Isn't it tho'? Greatly more impressed with it than I expected. Use it in good health and welcome to the forum.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

UkSpydie wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:57 pm

Not sure how you post pictures, as I'm not used to this type of message board posting system, but living by the sea means you have to have a picture of it by the fishing nets.
Just in case you might want to upload pictures later :

I personnally use an image uploading platform like imgur. I just make sure that gps coordinates are erased from the pics i upload. Then, once it's upload there three little dots on the right up side of the pic, click it then under share links there is an option for forums. Just copy and paste this link in your message and it'll work like a charm !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds