Swick FB14P - Collector Value

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bravodelta

Swick FB14P - Collector Value

Post by bravodelta »

Hi,

Is the original Swick FB14P considered to be collectible these days?? Since the Swick 2-3-4 were essentially the same (blade shape variations). I know the original was limited to 500 pcs in 2009.

I have an original Swick in un-used condition with an extremely nice custom sheath and I am trying to determine if I should use this or keep it as a safe queen or move it on.
sal

Re: Swick FB14P - Collector Value

Post by sal »

I posted this response to your question on Bladeforums.

sal

Hi Bravodelta,

Actually the first "Swick" was the "SPOT" that we made some 20 years ago. (Self Protection Option Tool). I've been refining the design since then with; SPOTS, Diving versions and Swicks for the past 20 years.

When I felt that I had the design refined enough for production, I designed the 5 & 6 for two different hand sizes. The knives have been finished for some time but we've had our challenges with the sheaths, which had to serve multiple functions: belt carry, neck carry and pocket carry with a TPO (thumb push off) so the sheath could be popped off of the knife with one hand while in a pocket, such as a jacket.

sal
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

We respectfully await its release and wish your sheath maker well.
Reject

Post by Reject »

How much can a Koala bear?
bravodelta

Post by bravodelta »

Sal,

Can't imagine how this sheath doesn't satisfy all of your design requirement. It is phenomenal.