"Just In Case" knives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wrdwrght

Re: "Just In Case" knives?

Post by wrdwrght »

“Be Prepared” has been a compulsion in me since my time in the Scouts many decades ago.

So, JIC, I plant Spydies where I might need them. Got an M4 Manix2 (BBS exclusive) in my truck; an Assist in my General Outing bag; a SpydieChef in my outdoor cook kit. My General Outing bag also has a fixed-blade: an O1 LTWK GNS; and my Go-Bag has two fixed-blades: a 1095 ESEE-6 and an O1 Blind Horse Knives Bushbaby.

JIC, I duplicate Spydies I would mourn if lost. Got a pre-need replacement M4 Manix2 (BBS exclusive); a K390 Police4 (G10); a 52100 Military Model; an SE Pacific Salt.

JIC, I keep Spydies in different sizes and lockups so I can enter most any jurisdiction with a pocketed knife. Got a mid-lock Lil’Native for going into Boston; a PITS/UKPK/Urban/Pingo for European travel.

And, JIC, I always carry a Spydie for general-need, if not also for first-response, and, worst case, for self-defense.

For me, JIC is a matter of layers.

JIC is also a peculiarity of Being Prepared in the so-called First-World.

Yes, Gandhi’s “Live simply so that others may simply live” is a source of psychological and philosophical turmoil for me…
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Manifestgtr

Post by Manifestgtr »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:34 am
Manifestgtr wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:31 pm
My “just in case” knives are the knives I carry into Boston (which has an obscene 2.5” limit). Lil Native, Dragonfly and my civivi odiums. Luckily, they’re all top notch so I’m not totally unequipped
I hope the smaller P'kal makes it into production. It would be ideal for places like that with a 2.5" ordinance. I think the Karahawk might also work, blade length listed at 2.3"
I’m thoroughly in favor of more CBBL models, that’s for sure.

Recurves are basically impossible for my setup, that’s the only thing. I’m on Shaptons and diamond plates. I tried using rods once and it just didn’t stick for whatever reason. I think it was just too “difficult” to get the same results…I guess that’s what happens to some guys when you get locked into one technique early on.
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

My just in case "knife" is a SIG P365 which compliments whatever knife I carry