Manbug/Ladybug colors

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Manbug/Ladybug colors

Post by Doc Dan »

Sal, I know others have mentioned this before, but could we have some new colors in the basic VG-10 Manbug and Ladybug knives? Of course, I would want Coyote, dark olive, even dark brick. Patriot blue or country blue would be nice, a good earth tone.

What do you think? These little guys have been neglected for too long.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Evil D

Re: Manbug/Ladybug colors

Post by Evil D »

Seriously....red/black Zome. It's common sense. The only issue I could see is maybe the blend pattern is too big to get a good enough pattern on such a small handle? I just can't believe this wasn't one of the very first Zome knives.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Yes, it is kind of hard to imagine, but there are a lot of colors that have not been offered that would make better sense to me. Hey! I'll take one in Bulldog blue!

Seriously, a solid red would be nice on such a small knife, but I'd want it to be toned down a bit...oxblood or something.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
z1r

Post by z1r »

I'm all for more ladybugs. I have the British Racing Green ZDP, the V-Toku2, purple, yellow Salt's, black, and grey. Got a sheepsfoot Salt Manbug, and the GIOTD Jester. Keep em coming. 1st in line for the red/black Zome LB!

My favorite thing to give away is the Hawkbill Salt Ladybug. Awesome keychain knife!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Where something like color is so easy to change, I'm actually surprised we don't see more colors available in the base model Ladybug. Even a color palette in line with the Delica and Endura would make sense.

These colors, except in the Ladybug series -

I think an Olive Green and a Brown to match both of the new Roadie colors would be good additions as well.
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I wonder how difficult the "cleanup" is to get another color ready to inject/mold? Or is it each color gets it's own injector/mold?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I personally think glow in the dark Salt models makes a lot of sense for the keychain knives. I have a handful of the GITD Jesters and Ladybugs (as well as the Dflies and Delicas). I love them. I would like to see blue GITD scales offered as well. Blue GITD Salt models with H1 PE and SE blades would make awesome little keychain knives. Throw in some TiCN variants as well and now we are cooking with fire!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Blue or green GITD would be nice.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

I would be all for some more ladybug colours.