The Serrated Wish List: Your Choices

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

The Serrated Wish List: Your Choices

Post by JD Spydo »

OK this isn't the first time I've ran a thread on this subject. But with all the newer models that Spyderco has given us over the past few years there have been several that I would love to have in full SE that have never been made available in SE.

Three of them that immediately come to mind that I would dearly love to own and use in full SE are the Superhawk, Ulize and P'kal models. But there have been several other Spyderco folders and fixed blades introduced in the past few years I would have loved to have tried in full SE as well.

I've just been really wanting to see a new Sprint Run CATCHERMAN model offered in full SE as an example. I have one of the older AUS-8 Catcherman models in full SE and it's a great food prep blade. I also wish to see the C-36 Military model return again in full SE as it was offered at one time.

And I'm sure many of you all have several Spyderco models in mind that you wish were available in full SE. So tell us which models you would like to see with TEETH. I don't care if they are folders or fixed blades>> specialty models or novelty models. There was a time years ago when just about everything Spyderco offered in their main line up was available in full SE. So let's talk about Spyderco models you wish were available in full SE.
Evil D

Re: The Serrated Wish List: Your Choices

Post by Evil D »

Welllllllllllll

Ulize
Bugs (maybe an unlikely vote but I really want a SE Grasshopper for my keys)
Captain with a combo edge
Sliverax

Probably more but really the Ulize is way at the top of my wish list.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

ayoob ;)
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
PStone

Post by PStone »

Spydiechef. :bug-red-white

I specifically bought a Spydiechef to take out to restaurants to use. I love it. Fills the roll perfectly. But man would it be nice to have that SE for a change. Keep that edge away from the ceramic plates.

Older photo with a side note. My appendix ruptured following this meal two years ago. Almost died. Amazing surgeon saved me after I went septic.

Another photo attempting a mock-up.

Please o please. I know Taichung can do it with LC200N. They nailed the Caribbean.
kobold

Post by kobold »

It's still the Millie and the Chief.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

ladybug93 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:53 am
ayoob ;)
That order is already on it's way. But your heart is certainly in the right place :cheap-sunglasses
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

PStone wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:08 am
Spydiechef. :bug-red-white

I specifically bought a Spydiechef to take out to restaurants to use. I love it. Fills the roll perfectly. But man would it be nice to have that SE for a change. Keep that edge away from the ceramic plates.

Please o please. I know Taichung can do it with LC200N. They nailed the Caribbean.
Yeah that's another one for the life of me I can't figure out why it wasn't available with TEETH in the first place. Just it's name alone would have you believing that a serrated version should be an option.

Great suggestions thus far guys!!!!!!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

1.) Chaparral
2.) Endura in VG10 (not K390), ffg and regular blade shape (not wharnie) (with liners, so Pac Salt 2 ffg SE (though great) is not what I mean)
3 ) Tenacious LW in S35VN
4.) Manix 2 LW in BD1N

... and I'd probably prefer almost every model in SE, as long as the serration pattern is not too "aggressive".
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Chief.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

.. forgot the SIREN

(would not mind if they added FRN as icing on the (serrated) cake ;) )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Monty

Post by Monty »

Chaparral. We need a new gentleman's folder is SE. The last one imo was the Jess Horn.
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I’m super supportive of the SE Ulize because I really like recurves and there aren’t really any Spyderco’s like that. It’s a really refined looking, functional design like the Police or Native Chief.

I think it stands out even among the other unavailable recurve models in its simple functionality.

Not that I’m opposed to new models with recurves. I actually want that too, but an Ulize, especially in SpyderEdge, would fill that open niche.

Aside from that and the other suggestions here, particular models that came to mind were the Waterway and Ikuchi. Personally, I’d say most knives would benefit from a SE option and the list would be long. Like the Sage folders, and a number of the fixed blades, for example.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Dodo-fly Salt H1 SE
Dodo LW Salt H1 SE
Cricket-Fly Salt H1 SE
Cricket 2 LW Salt H1 SE
Endela Salt H1 SE
Worker LW 2 Salt H1 SE & CE
Spyderhawk 2 Salt H1 SE
Catcherman 2 Salt H1 SE & CE
Lil' Matriarch Salt H1 SE
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Cl1ff wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:15 am
I’m super supportive of the SE Ulize because I really like recurves and there aren’t really any Spyderco’s like that. It’s a really refined looking, functional design like the Police or Native Chief.

I think it stands out even among the other unavailable recurve models in its simple functionality.

Not that I’m opposed to new models with recurves. I actually want that too, but an Ulize, especially in SpyderEdge, would fill that open niche.

Aside from that and the other suggestions here, particular models that came to mind were the Waterway and Ikuchi. Personally, I’d say most knives would benefit from a SE option and the list would be long. Like the Sage folders, and a number of the fixed blades, for example.
Well Brother you ripped the words right out of my mouth with the suggestion of a full SE version of the ULIZE model. It's high time we had one of the better recurve models in full SE. As good as serrated Hawkbills are and as great as serrated "Reverse S blades are ( Civilian & Matriarch) common sense will tell you that a serrated recurve model would truly have great potential as a hard use knife.

I'm also going to give a huge shout of AMEN! to the suggestion of the C-111 Captain model in SE. If they would do the inner arch part of the CAPTAIN model with TEETH it would be a completely different tool all together. You could also add Jason Breeden's RESCUE model for serrations as well.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Out of all the models mentioned the Spydiechef makes the most sense to me.

A Criss would be fun.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

POLICE 4 K390 LW SE !!!!!! WHERE IS IT!!!!!!????
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

I agree with the Chaparral suggestions. My one suggestion for that is to use smaller, smoother serrations such as those found on the Ladybug Hawkbill.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Kapara
Tanto Military 2
Caribbean combo edge
Chap would be nice as well but in a different steel, Chaparral Salt maybe!
Last edited by Dazen on Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
FK

Post by FK »

Military

Regards,
FK
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Dazen wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:33 pm
Kapara
Tanto Military 2
Caribbean combo edge
Chap would be nice as well but in a different steel, Chaparral Salt maybe!
I didn’t exactly include everything I thought of in my previous comment, but I’m surprised these two didn’t cross my mind at all.
The Kapara makes sense considering it’s implied food cutting role, so similar to the SpydieChef requests in that regard.
And the CE Caribbean is a no-brainer when models like the Autonomy and Tenacious get that treatment (I think I’d like to get my Dad one too if this were to come to fruition, since he’s a combo-edge guy and frequently works in salt water).
To be honest, in an ideal world where the market supports all of this, most any model that comes in full SpyderEdge should also have a CE option. Plus there’s all kinds of varied configurations yet to be fully realized.
Like a CE on the tip half of a blade, or how much plain edge is left towards the end of a full SE blade, etc.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool: