Replacement Springback for 2010 vintage UKPK C94GOR?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bgpk

Replacement Springback for 2010 vintage UKPK C94GOR?

Post by bgpk »

Hi all, I'm wondering whether anyone knows where I might get a replacement springback for a 2010 vintage C94GOR?

Blade is stamped with: "CPMS30V"

Springback is broken, and I see from other posts that this was a defect that was fixed up in later versions. Spyderco aren't able to replace, they offered to do a part credit replacement for a new knife, however I love the knife and want to fix it, not replace it.

Fotos below, along with the page from the 2010 catalog. I know I have voided the warranty by dismantling it, however that is not relevant since Spyderco can't fix it.

Does anyone have any ideas where I could get either a replacement part, or, a donor knife from which to salvage the springback from? I'm in Melbourne Australia, but happy to pay for postage internationally for the right parts.

Thanks!
Attachments
2010_Spyderco_ProductGuide_UKPK.jpg
IMG_2420.jpg
IMG_2421.jpg
IMG_2422.jpg
IMG_2423.jpg
VooDooChild

Re: Replacement Springback for 2010 vintage UKPK C94GOR?

Post by VooDooChild »

Not sure. You could maybe have someone make one for you. Or find another of the same knife and swap it out.

Looking at it Im wondering if someone could maybe put a pivot pin through the front half of the spring backspacer, cut a notch in the back half of the spring backspacer, and insert a standard backlock spring. Although thats probably harder than just having a custom maker make you a new piece.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."