Random: General Spydie Chat

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Geo-Ozeki

Re: Random: General Spydie Chat

Post by Geo-Ozeki »

Airlsee wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:51 am
Geo-Ozeki wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:43 am
Is the Sage 5 the smaller Manix? I mean you have Delica - Endela - Endura and Chief - Native & Lil’ Native.

I love the Manix XL and Manix and want the smaller version (lock type is not a concern).
Yeah, it kind of is...(cue the Manix diehards). Especially if the CBBL is not the draw for you. I think the Sage has one of the most refined handles in the Spydie catalog and deserves as much discussion as the Para3 & N5.

If you are wanting a 3" blade, and love the Manix I think you would do well to pick up any of the Sages.
Great thanks Airlsee
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Anybody ever check out BHQ's new website? I found that after resetting my password, all my order history and wishlist are gone. Now I have no means of keeping track of all the knives I've purchased from them through the years (mostly BHQ Spyderco exclusives and a few exclusive BMs) . And their search function is a downgrade from the previous site. 😢
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

nerdlock wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:31 pm
Anybody ever check out BHQ's new website? I found that after resetting my password, all my order history and wishlist are gone. Now I have no means of keeping track of all the knives I've purchased from them through the years (mostly BHQ Spyderco exclusives and a few exclusive BMs) . And their search function is a downgrade from the previous site. 😢
Sounds like a good move, security-wise. It looks like they are migrating wishlists, but haven't finished yet. New sites are a lot of work!

After the security breach last year, I haven't ordered anything from BHQ. DLT is faster and has more of what I want most of the time anyway.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I haven't reset my password yet to see if the history transferred over, but hopefully the new site will have all the bugs worked out soon.
So it goes.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

nerdlock wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:31 pm
I don't know if it's going to help the search function but they added a message about the accounts...

"Hey all, just wanted to give you updates on some questions we've gotten.
What happened to my wish list?
Many of you have some SERIOUSLY huge wish lists and we wouldn't just drop them. Your wish list is still intact and will be migrated to your account sometime next week.

Can I access my old orders?
Yes! Your old orders will be available to see in the My Account section next week. If you want to initiate a return on an order made before 9/23/21, please contact our customer service department at: 1-888-252-3347."
•• Beau
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

8814B5E8-F264-46EC-AEB3-179D09E18945.jpeg
653E491D-3A28-46E9-B324-2DBA84574789.jpeg
BC491336-0D6E-460A-AE40-48422D6E5235.jpeg
This CQI PM2 s45vn w/ blacked out liners just showed up and I am extremely impressed. I’ve owned a PM2 since their initial release and have owned more over the years that I can even count but this one may be my favorite. Hats off to Spyderco for making improvements like this. The fit and finish are flawless. This is honestly a steal for the price.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Just curious:

What percentage of the time do you have a blade longer than 3.1" in your pocket?
So it goes.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

About 15% of the time, girl pockets are no bueno for bigger knives.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I've got to go with the opposite of SG and say 85% of the time! That's probably pretty accurate though.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Huge lynch nw drop on his site now... Pm2 scales yo
Spydergirl88
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Lynch scales look great! Did you order a set? I didn't see the weight of the scales listed...
So it goes.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Oh yes I did. I love his stuff
Spydergirl88
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Do you have a Bali-Yo and do/can you regularly do tricks? Is it a satisfying fidget experience?

I have one, but haven't really learned to do anything with it...and in my experience it doesn't really work great while writing. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. That's why I'm asking...
So it goes.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

So I set out to do some testing with my Jumpmaster 2 today and it spiraled out of control, didn't prove anything I set out to test and ended up with 75 pics and I think I ended up using like 5 knives or something. I'm so disappointed I don't even know if I feel like bothering with the thread now.

:disappointed
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
benben

Post by benben »

Carrying my old original Paramilitary today, what's everyone's opinion on the Dino jimping, and would you like to see it make a comeback? I personally like it, very distinctive look!
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

David, I, for one, am always interested in your Jumpmaster info.
Napsterninja

Post by Napsterninja »

Any recommendations on were to preorder a Paysan? No sales tax preferred. Don't want to miss out when distributors restock. Knife Center will take my order, and is fast to process once in stock. Thanks!
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Speaking for Pennsylvania, it's relatively relaxed outside of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
Honestly, ad long as you don't draw attention, I don't think you'd have any problems there either. If you get near State College give me a yell! It sounds like you'll be on I81 though. Give yourself some time for the constant road construction.
Evil D wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:31 am
I think I tried a thread like this once and it fizzled out.

I guess if anyone knows offhand what the knife laws are like in Pennsylvania, New York State, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts, we're taking a little trip to Salem in a couple weeks and I was thinking about buying a new knife to take with me, because it's as good of an excuse to buy a new knife as any right? I'll probably just carry my keychain Ladybug and maybe a Dragonfly Salt or some other small knife just to avoid any BS. The last thing I need is to get arrested 900 miles from home or have someone confiscate (*cough*steal*cough*) my knife.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Airlsee wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:19 pm
Just curious:

What percentage of the time do you have a blade longer than 3.1" in your pocket?
I was about to say very rarely, but just realized the Bugout is above that limit. Don’t carry it much anymore but it was my goto EDC for a long time.

These days it’s probably less than 10% of the time (that I carry >3.1”).
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Airlsee wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:19 pm
Just curious:

Sometimes 🤷‍♂️

And by sometimes I mean all times. All the times. Every of the times!

Seriously it's easier to ask when do I not have something bigger in my pocket because I generally don't buy knives in the 3 inch or smaller range aside from a few exceptions. I guess technically I have a Ladybug in my pocket on my keys all day everyday but it rarely gets used. I really like about a 3.75 inch cutting edge not including any choils or ricassos, I think for me that's a sweet spot. If I had to compromise I'd much rather go with bigger than smaller.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David