Random: General Spydie Chat

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Random: General Spydie Chat

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Ive been debating on my Watu with the wood scales. It's a cool knife, looks great, but it no longer serves as my classiest carry knife. It's a bit slick in hand for work use. I know I could get a pretty penny for it and likely pay for the next fixed blade I'd like to try.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I haven't sold one in a while... I have a bunch I could sell but I've gotten tired of selling.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Airlsee wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:17 pm
If you HAD to choose...

What would be the next knife to LEAVE your collection? Selling, gifting, trading, throwing away, whatever...which one is the next to go?

Tough call. If I needed money, then it would be my Sage 2 as it is worth the most (that would also be the hardest to part with). I wouldn't get rid of my Urban as it is my only knife that is legal for me to carry around where I live. Getting rid of my P4LW would "hurt" the least.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Honestly, although it is fantastic, I am thinking about parting with my Para3 LW and getting another Pac Salt. Maybe.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Airlsee wrote:
If you HAD to choose...

What would be the next knife to LEAVE your collection? Selling, gifting, trading, throwing away, whatever...which one is the next to go?
One of my NIB Pacific 1 backups. Don't expect to ever need them with all the 2's I've got now.
:unicorn
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

Airlsee wrote:
If you HAD to choose...

Oooh, that's a tough one since I've already trimmed my collection down to my favourites. It would probably be my DF2 V-Toku2 sprint, since I don't really use it, and I'm trying to move away from sprint-chasing.
kobold

Post by kobold »

Airlsee wrote:
If you HAD to choose...

The Sage 5 CF is in its box ready to go at a drop of a hat. But after that I would have a hard time picking something else. I have five Natives so maybe one of those could go.. :-||
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Airlsee wrote:
If you HAD to choose...

Probably one of my sprints, as crazy as that may sound to some. If I'm gonna let something go it may as well be worth it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

It doesn't sound crazy to me. I'm trying to keep my collection to ones I will actually use.
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Well just lost my second Spyderco. If anyone finds a Rex 45 Shaman with burnt orange scales let me know.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Snacktime wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:35 pm
Well just lost my second Spyderco. If anyone finds a Rex 45 Shaman with burnt orange scales let me know.

Ouch. That one hurts.
So it goes.
James Y

Post by James Y »

Snacktime wrote:

How'd you lose it?

Jim
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Airlsee wrote:
If you HAD to choose...

I'm actually debating on releasing some of my PM2 exclusives. After snapping the tip off one of my M390 PM2s NOT PRYING something, I just realized that while the knife remains an all-time excellent matter separator, I find myself trying to protect the tip from time to time, which is something I'm not keen on doing for my EDC tools. Plus I much more prefer the Para3 platform as it just fits my hands and is compact enough to carry on a daily basis. I did buy a S30V PM2 Tanto though. For me, the tanto design solves the one nagging issue I have with the PM2 design - at the cost of losing some of that slicyness.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

James Y wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:19 pm
How'd you lose it?

Jim
Was helping clean up after a charity event in the park, rolling up snow fence and loading it a truck. I had used the knife to cut the zip ties and poof gone. Back tracked my path and nothing, dug through the back of the truck checking the snow fence. Pretty sure someone picked it up, was a lot of foot traffic in the area. Ohh it might have been the free beer :shush
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

nerdlock wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:18 pm
I'm actually debating on releasing some of my PM2 exclusives. After snapping the tip off one of my M390 PM2s NOT PRYING something, I just realized that while the knife remains an all-time excellent matter separator, I find myself trying to protect the tip from time to time, which is something I'm not keen on doing for my EDC tools. Plus I much more prefer the Para3 platform as it just fits my hands and is compact enough to carry on a daily basis. I did buy a S30V PM2 Tanto though. For me, the tanto design solves the one nagging issue I have with the PM2 design - at the cost of losing some of that slicyness.
I would try the Saber Grind BladeOPS Emerson PM2, I am right there with you on watching what I cut because of the tip. I bought one of the tanto pm2 to eventualy spanto the blade. Just haven't gotten to the point yet that I want to grind down a new knife.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Airlsee wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:40 pm
Snacktime wrote:

Ouch. That one hurts.
Indeed. Hope it turns up.
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Random thought:
Military needs a S45VN treatment. ASAP
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Airlsee wrote:
I'd like to sell an old Emerson Regiment, it's a new in box 'collectors' knife, I find I don't enjoy my safe queens nearly as much as the knives I use. And I could probably get $400-$500 bucks for it.

If we're talking Spyderco's my all black M4 Yojimbo would be more welcome in someone else's collection. I've got a BHQ Jade M4 Native that is practically new in box that I also never carry, I love looking at it, but it's too pretty to use, and I rather have something else. My Kapara, absolutely nothing wrong with it, just when it comes time to pick one of my 70 knives to carry for the day, I never pick that one. Always something else I'd rather carry, some of the nicest looking CF handles in the collection though. I'm pretty attached to the rest of the collection.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Am i crazy or there was a Beer + spyderco knife topic on the forum until yesterday? I posted in it a picture of a beer and my ZDP endura 4 and can't find the post in my history, nor the topic.

Am i really losing it ? :thinking

EDIT : I am losing it, found it... on BF :woozy :woozy
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Airlsee wrote:
If you HAD to choose...

I have a couple new target rifles in mind. So there's actually a few on my list. Top of the list in a PM2 REX45 Sprint and next is probably the Ivory SS Stretch. There's some others. I rarely actually let any go. So we'll see
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!