Random: General Spydie Chat

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kennethsime

Re: Random: General Spydie Chat

Post by kennethsime »

vivi wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:49 pm
Airlsee wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:57 pm
What are you personally waiting to see from Spyderco, that they have given no indication of entertaining?
M4 / green canvas micarta Street Beat, a 4V St. Nicks Military, and a Chief Salt would all be day one purchases for me.
Man I would jump on the Street Beat in a heartbeat.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

kennethsime wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:56 pm
vivi wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:49 pm
Airlsee wrote:
What are you personally waiting to see from Spyderco, that they have given no indication of entertaining?
M4 / green canvas micarta Street Beat, a 4V St. Nicks Military, and a Chief Salt would all be day one purchases for me.
Man I would jump on the Street Beat in a heartbeat.
I see what you did there ;)
"Some call me...Tim?"
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

Airlsee wrote:
A knife designed in collaboration with this whole forum. Complete with a maker's mark to boot. I'm not talking about suggestions/requests to Sal and Eric. It wouldn't be easy but if we found the right person to orchestrate it, it could be done with the use of a series of polls. It could also be done in the form of a contest. Where individuals submitted work that members would vote on a critique.
"Some call me...Tim?"
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Paraguy wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:36 pm
Airlsee wrote:
A knife designed in collaboration with this whole forum. Complete with a maker's mark to boot. I'm not talking about suggestions/requests to Sal and Eric. It wouldn't be easy but if we found the right person to orchestrate it, it could be done with the use of a series of polls. It could also be done in the form of a contest. Where individuals submitted work that members would vote on a critique.
I would be down to participate in some way.
I’m always sketching stuff inspired by conversations on this forum anyways.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Paraguy wrote:
Airlsee wrote:
Check this out - viewtopic.php?p=1561681#p1561681

That’s my version of a Loon concept that I designed after the user “bleasure” presented it as an idea.

I didn’t go ahead with the “crowd” design I mentioned to you in that “Handle Forward Native” thread for a couple reasons. I figured it would be nearly impossible to get everyone to agree on design elements. Also, everyone would be envisioning something different no matter how meticulously they describe what they’re looking for. Like you said though, a collectively forum designed knife would be difficult to accomplish but it could be done.

Also, I’m fascinated by the idea of a collective forum makers mark. There must be something that could encompass all of the users of the forum.
-Nick :bug-red
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

OK... so as to the dream knife that would never happen... Stretch 2 straight spine in MagnaCut with linerless G10 construction (like the Native Chief) with salt friendly hardware.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:14 pm
Paraguy wrote:
Airlsee wrote:
Check this out - viewtopic.php?p=1561681#p1561681

That’s my version of a Loon concept that I designed after the user “bleasure” presented it as an idea.

I didn’t go ahead with the “crowd” design I mentioned to you in that “Handle Forward Native” thread for a couple reasons. I figured it would be nearly impossible to get everyone to agree on design elements. Also, everyone would be envisioning something different no matter how meticulously they describe what they’re looking for. Like you said though, a collectively forum designed knife would be difficult to accomplish but it could be done.

Also, I’m fascinated by the idea of a collective forum makers mark. There must be something that could encompass all of the users of the forum.
Well if we did a series of polls, perhaps starting with "fix blade or folder", then we could zero in. Say folders won than in the next poll it would be mentioned that any votes for a fixed blade would not be counted.Id say the hardest part would actually be inventing a Spyderco that doesn't already exist.
"Some call me...Tim?"
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

As a side note, we should make a vault thread for all the designs people on this forum have created. Like those two knives in that thread.
"Some call me...Tim?"
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Has anyone heard any updates on the performance delica?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

SG89 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:46 pm
Has anyone heard any updates on the performance delica?

Is it a sure thing?
So it goes.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

How'd y'all feel about Spyderco's SHOT 2022? Seems pretty quiet, given the lack of time passed.
So it goes.
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

Airlsee wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:02 pm
How'd y'all feel about Spyderco's SHOT 2022? Seems pretty quiet, given the lack of time passed.
No pm2 lw, no shaman lw, no mili2... and no comments from Spyderco. So, yeah... I'm sad.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Good to see some actual videos of some models that have been talked about on here. Hopefully they are released in the next few months
Spydergirl88
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I would have liked to see the Subway Bowie again. I wonder if that was in the prototype case this year or if it’s passed that stage yet.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Xformer wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:13 pm
Airlsee wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:02 pm
No pm2 lw, no shaman lw, no mili2... and no comments from Spyderco. So, yeah... I'm sad.
I would’ve loved to see those too, even if they weren’t done yet. Still, the LNLW and SSSXL are pretty rad.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Airlsee wrote:
I'd say an european exclusive of the Native 5 (LW or not), Lil'Native, Native Chief, Military, Stretch XL...
There is a ton of european spyderco fans, I know that if a big dealer like Knives&Tools would break a deal on an exclusive, it would sell instantly.

As for particular models :
- PITS (any form !)
- new Chaparral like knife (2 to 2,5mm stock, FFG, leaf shape with little belly or wharncliffe)
- Native Chief LW
- Native 6
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

What percentage of time do you browse the forum on a computer vs phone?
So it goes.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Phone 95%
Spydergirl88
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

For the past few weeks, I’ve been 100% on my phone. Before that, was probably 90% on my computer and 10% on my phone.

Only switched because my computer needs to be repaired. Once it is, I’ll be back to 90:10 computer to phone. I prefer the efficiency.
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

Airlsee wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:12 pm
What percentage of time do you browse the forum on a computer vs phone?
computer 99.99 percent
"Some call me...Tim?"