Para 3 legit or clone?!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cherna48

Para 3 legit or clone?!

Post by cherna48 »

I recently bought a Para 3 on Amazon. I am questioning it because I have come across a lot of issues with clones be posed as authentic knives on Amazon. I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell from just pictures.
image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg (64.43 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (69.08 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
image4.jpeg
image4.jpeg (38.99 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
image5.jpeg
image5.jpeg (37.64 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
JRinFL

Re: Para 3 legit or clone?!

Post by JRinFL »

Welcome aboard!

I cannot get the pictures to enlarge, so I cannot be sure, but from what I can see it looks legit. Someone else with a S45VN Para3 should be able to compare and let you know.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

I have an S35VN para 3… looks very similar to your new S45VN steel para 3.

What concerns you that this is a fake?
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Curious why you would risk Amazon in the first place, if you already knew the risks!? MANY MANY MANY authorized Spyderco dealers out there.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Legit
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
phaust

Post by phaust »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:36 am
Curious why you would risk Amazon in the first place, if you already knew the risks!? MANY MANY MANY authorized Spyderco dealers out there.
Unquestioned, free returns and better prices make it no lose and no risk when you can verify after it's in hand.
--

From the pics, it looks like mine/legit.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Counterfeit Para 3's just hit the market a few months ago, and they're all marked S30V...or S30VN (lol).

cherna48

Post by cherna48 »

The action is a little stickier than my paramilitary 2. This has made me paranoid and I have been searching the web, which has made it worse. lol
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Accutron wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:47 pm
Counterfeit Para 3's just hit the market a few months ago, and they're all marked S30V...or S30VN (lol).

I can't see your pics
Spydergirl88
James Y

Post by James Y »

cherna48 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:18 am
The action is a little stickier than my paramilitary 2. This has made me paranoid and I have been searching the web, which has made it worse. lol

One of the many reasons to buy Spyderco knives from known, established, independent Spyderco dealers, and avoid buying them on Amazon, even if the Amazon dealer is Spyderco-approved; the stress of worrying about whether it's real or not in the first place. Not to mention that you're not saving much if any money at all buying them through Amazon.

Jim
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:28 am
I can't see your pics
You're the second person to tell me that in the past few days. I host pics on my own HTTP webserver...no third party image hosting. Unless your ISP has randomly blocked my IP address, or requires HTTPS for some reason, they should load just fine.

I just had my wife check from her phone, and the pics loaded for her.
PStone

Post by PStone »

Accutron wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:32 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
I can't see your pics
You're the second person to tell me that in the past few days. I host pics on my own HTTP webserver...no third party image hosting. Unless your ISP has randomly blocked my IP address, or requires HTTPS for some reason, they should load just fine.

I see them on my phone. Here’s an Imgur link for those who can’t.
That is actually pretty scary. I think I’ll be sticking to authorized dealers…
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Thanks for the pics. Omg those are scary.
Spydergirl88
phaust

Post by phaust »

Pretty easy to tell those from the real. G10 grip pattern is off, digicam G10 pattern has the wrong colors, ragged edges on the G10 at least on the digicam one, black paint is either not dlc or is some kind of shiny dlc rather than flat, bug logo on the blade is all off (for example the lower legs are blobs rather than curved inward), and satin screw finish all blatantly different. Pivot T-size might also be too small(?), can't tell for sure from the pics there. Seem pretty easy to tell those anyway from the real given the huge amount of discrepancies.
PStone

Post by PStone »

phaust wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:12 am
Pretty easy to tell those from the real. G10 grip pattern is off, digicam G10 pattern has the wrong colors, ragged edges on the G10 at least on the digicam one, black paint is either not dlc or is some kind of shiny dlc rather than flat, bug logo on the blade is all off (for example the lower legs are blobs rather than curved inward), and satin screw finish all blatantly different. Pivot T-size might also be too small(?), can't tell for sure from the pics there. Seem pretty easy to tell those anyway from the real given the huge amount of discrepancies.
Yes. Easily spotted by a Spyderco enthusiast. But it’s the newcomers I fear for. The guys and gals that are buying their first one or just starting to collect.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

PStone wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:49 am

Yes. Easily spotted by a Spyderco enthusiast. But it’s the newcomers I fear for. The guys and gals that are buying their first one or just starting to collect.
Exactly.
Spydergirl88
phaust

Post by phaust »

PStone wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:49 am
phaust wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:12 am
Definitely a good point
cherna48

Post by cherna48 »

I wasn’t trying to save money, more of getting the knife in my hands soon. The price was the same as knifecenter/bladehq. I can also have the option to return, which might go that route. I was just asking if this one was legit or not.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Accutron wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:32 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
I can't see your pics

I've tried two different browsers on work PC, logged in & logged out, cleared cache etc. No bueno. Our ISP isn't blocking anything that I'm aware of. Then I tried 4 different browser on my phone. WiFi & cell connections, logged in & logged out, cleared history-data-etc, no good. Then I did the same with my work phone and Chrome & Safari. Chrome didn't work logged in but I did see the pics after I logged out. Safari worked both logged in and logged out. I noticed previously that I don't see your pics but there are a few people that post pics that I also don't see. I usually don't worry about it and keep scrolling
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
cherna48

Post by cherna48 »

I bought it from Amazon because I was able to get it next day. The price is the same as knifecenter/bladehq so i wasn’t trying to save a buck. I have the option for no hassle free return but was just curious if this was a legit knife or being posed as a clone. Also, not my first spyderco (delica 4, dragonfly 2, and PM2) but my first bought from Amazon.