Para 3 legit or clone?!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
phaust

Re: Para 3 legit or clone?!

Post by phaust »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:08 pm
Accutron wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:32 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:28 am
I can't see your pics
You're the second person to tell me that in the past few days. I host pics on my own HTTP webserver...no third party image hosting. Unless your ISP has randomly blocked my IP address, or requires HTTPS for some reason, they should load just fine.

I just had my wife check from her phone, and the pics loaded for her.
I've tried two different browsers on work PC, logged in & logged out, cleared cache etc. No bueno. Our ISP isn't blocking anything that I'm aware of. Then I tried 4 different browser on my phone. WiFi & cell connections, logged in & logged out, cleared history-data-etc, no good. Then I did the same with my work phone and Chrome & Safari. Chrome didn't work logged in but I did see the pics after I logged out. Safari worked both logged in and logged out. I noticed previously that I don't see your pics but there are a few people that post pics that I also don't see. I usually don't worry about it and keep scrolling
fWIW, not just you. Not working for me with cellular data or home cable, phone and computer.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Sharp Guy wrote:
I've tried two different browsers on work PC, logged in & logged out, cleared cache etc. No bueno. Our ISP isn't blocking anything that I'm aware of. Then I tried 4 different browser on my phone. WiFi & cell connections, logged in & logged out, cleared history-data-etc, no good. Then I did the same with my work phone and Chrome & Safari. Chrome didn't work logged in but I did see the pics after I logged out. Safari worked both logged in and logged out. I noticed previously that I don't see your pics but there are a few people that post pics that I also don't see. I usually don't worry about it and keep scrolling
If it works when you're not signed in, and it doesn't work when you are, it's probably applying protection settings. Google circulates blocklists, and my IP could've randomly ended up in a blocked range. Google also doesn't like HTTP because it's not secure, and may be blocking non-HTTPS depending on your settings.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

If your web browser is set to connect via HTTPS, then many pictures will not show by default. You can sometimes work around that by right clicking the little broken image icon and selecting "open in another tab" or similar verbage. Most browsers now are set to not allow secure (HTTPS) and insecure (HTTP) on the same page. There are very good reasons for that, so I don't recommend changing the setting. Just use the workaround. Your browser might be set to ONLY allow HTTPS connections and in that case you will not see the pictures even with the workaround.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Accutron wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:23 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
If it works when you're not signed in, and it doesn't work when you are, it's probably applying protection settings. Google circulates blocklists, and my IP could've randomly ended up in a blocked range. Google also doesn't like HTTP because it's not secure, and may be blocking non-HTTPS depending on your settings.
Ok that explains why it works with one Iphone but none of my other devices. Regardless, I don't really care if I can see your pics or not. I just thought it might be helpful for you to make it so everyone can see what you're posting

Sorry for continuing to derail this thread
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:26 pm
If your web browser is set to connect via HTTPS, then many pictures will not show by default. You can sometimes work around that by right clicking the little broken image icon and selecting "open in another tab" or similar verbage. Most browsers now are set to not allow secure (HTTPS) and insecure (HTTP) on the same page. There are very good reasons for that, so I don't recommend changing the setting. Just use the workaround. Your browser might be set to ONLY allow HTTPS connections and in that case you will not see the pictures even with the workaround.
Right click on the broken image icon, open in new tab worked for me, thanks!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Accutron wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:32 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:28 am
I can't see your pics
You're the second person to tell me that in the past few days. I host pics on my own HTTP webserver...no third party image hosting. Unless your ISP has randomly blocked my IP address, or requires HTTPS for some reason, they should load just fine.

I just had my wife check from her phone, and the pics loaded for her.

I have to right-click and open them in a new tab, otherwise it just looks like a broken image link.
So it goes.
BangBang77

Post by BangBang77 »

phaust wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:12 am
Pretty easy to tell those from the real. G10 grip pattern is off, digicam G10 pattern has the wrong colors, ragged edges on the G10 at least on the digicam one, black paint is either not dlc or is some kind of shiny dlc rather than flat, bug logo on the blade is all off (for example the lower legs are blobs rather than curved inward), and satin screw finish all blatantly different. Pivot T-size might also be too small(?), can't tell for sure from the pics there. Seem pretty easy to tell those anyway from the real given the huge amount of discrepancies.
The jimping is also wrong, as well as the flat where a choil would meet the flat (not sure of the proper nomenclature). The countersink into the torx screws doesn't appear to be the correct angle either.
cherna48

Post by cherna48 »

Are you guys comparing my pictures or the pictures of the clones?!
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

cherna48 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:05 pm
Are you guys comparing my pictures or the pictures of the clones?!
They're talking about the counterfeits. Your knife is authentic.