Bladeops Upcoming Elmax Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buddafucco

Re: Bladeops Upcoming Elmax Exclusive

Post by Buddafucco »

In Stock for all you stragglers... https://bladeops.com/spyderco-exclusive ... max-blade/

This could be your last chance! :bug-white
•• Beau
anycal

Post by anycal »

Hilarious! And here I thought I was safe. Ahh, it's only money. It is a PM2... with gray scales!
Peter
VipeX

Post by VipeX »

4 in stock, those were probably cancellations...
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

SCORE! I think I got one. Have wanted to try Elmax for a while now. Badly need to sell some other stuff…
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

And OOS!
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

Mine showed up in the mail today! I must say it's very nice! The grip on the g10 is like sandpaper on this one, kind of reminds me of the 52100 pm2 scales. Fit and finish is exactly what I'm used to out of Golden, flawless, it's almost like they've made this model once or twice before. Haha Anyway, very happy to have this offering from blade ops. I missed the other elmax drops. I'm actually excited for work tomorrow! New knife day!
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
PStone

Post by PStone »

Demon85z wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:27 pm
Mine showed up in the mail today! I must say it's very nice! The grip on the g10 is like sandpaper on this one, kind of reminds me of the 52100 pm2 scales. Fit and finish is exactly what I'm used to out of Golden, flawless, it's almost like they've made this model once or twice before. Haha Anyway, very happy to have this offering from blade ops. I missed the other elmax drops. I'm actually excited for work tomorrow! New knife day!
Congrats lucky duck! Mine was supposed to be here today but tracking updated to “in transit/delayed”. Good to hear about the fit/finish and texture though. Fingers crossed for me getting mine tomorrow, and you finding plenty to cut too! :bug-red-white
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Mine shipped today 😎
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I have one incoming! Mine shipped today as well.

There were less than a dozen left when I purchased so I figure my order is the tail of the line.
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Chuck James

Post by Chuck James »

Got mine today!!!!

Comparison of ELMAX and S45VN

Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

I got mine today too. Same color of g-10 as the Cruwear run.
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

Which is also the same as the Maxamet PM2...
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

Huh, I like that gray, didn't it look a lot darker in the ad pictures?
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

Agreed, the gray that they used on the 2018(?) forum knife with the spider inlay and S90V has a pinker hue to it, at least the one that I have does. I sold my Maxamet scales and changed to micarta but they were the same as my Cruwear scales, which are the same as these new Elmax scales.
PStone

Post by PStone »

Oh yeah. Got it just now. Fit/finish is 110% spot on. Same color gray as the forum knife 2018. Mines just a tad bit dirty. The peel ply textures are slightly different between them though. Almost like a grain pattern. I’m diggin’ it.
Excited for my first ever Elmax blade. Had a swap planned, but this is too nice out of the box to go mucking around. Maybe later….
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

I would have considered this if I had know the scales came in grey. Looked much darker in the pictures.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

PStone wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:16 pm
Oh yeah. Got it just now. Fit/finish is 110% spot on. Same color gray as the forum knife 2018. Mines just a tad bit dirty. The peel ply textures are slightly different between them though. Almost like a grain pattern. I’m diggin’ it.
Excited for my first ever Elmax blade. Had a swap planned, but this is too nice out of the box to go mucking around. Maybe later….
Looks like the same grey as the Cruwear sprint run. I know the Maxamet scales are close (if not the same) too. That grey has become the new black. I actually have more grey than black now. It's becoming a little overdone IMO

EDIT: your picture also reminded me that I have one of the forum knives that's still in the box somewhere in my knife drawer
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
PStone

Post by PStone »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:07 pm
PStone wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:16 pm
[img]
Looks like the same grey as the Cruwear sprint run. I know the Maxamet scales are close (if not the same) too. That grey has become the new black. I actually have more grey than black now. It's becoming a little overdone IMO

EDIT: your picture also reminded me that I have one of the forum knives that's still in the box somewhere in my knife drawer
I like it, and agree with you. Also the KW Manix, Shabaria, Baby Jess Horn. I always thought the gray was going to be just a Maxamet thing like the blurple/s110v. I would however still like to see this gray g10 offered on both the Native and Manix Maxamets though. We know they got some!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Mine arrived today. It is a dark gray. Darker than what you may be seeing in the above photos (at least on my monitor).

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Interesting. I hope to get mine soon. It would be interesting to compare it with Maxamet scales.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet