Bladeops Upcoming Elmax Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JMM

Re: Bladeops Upcoming Elmax Exclusive

Post by JMM »

Direct link...

https://bladeops.com/spyderco-exclusive ... max-blade/

The pics there definitely look more grey than black...

ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

If it’s a very slow seller it might end up on sale like the Waved PM2 did.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Definitely looks more gray in the new photos. I’m kind of tempted but probably shouldn’t.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

PStone wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:51 pm
RamZar wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:25 pm
What matters in the comparison is the price the dealer is selling it at. Here, side by side, are BladeOps regular production PM2 next to the new Exclusive.
[img]
I get it. I’m just saying that if you compare MSRP it is only $5 extra. And that the previous Elmax PM2 was sold for $20 more than the current discounted prices. But you’re right and the comparison isn’t the same.

Still though, just a $24 surcharge over the stock version is still a great price for an Elmax PM2. They have been so hard to come across as long as I have been into Spydercos that I am pretty excited.
Comparing any BBS price against another retailer for a similar item is going to skew heavily toward the non-BBS retailer appearing to be a good deal (independent of whether or not it is actually a good deal or acceptable price to consumers). BBS is where you go when you’re looking to get rapey priced items.
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Rinzler wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:39 pm
PStone wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:51 pm
RamZar wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:25 pm
What matters in the comparison is the price the dealer is selling it at. Here, side by side, are BladeOps regular production PM2 next to the new Exclusive.
[img]
I get it. I’m just saying that if you compare MSRP it is only $5 extra. And that the previous Elmax PM2 was sold for $20 more than the current discounted prices. But you’re right and the comparison isn’t the same.

Still though, just a $24 surcharge over the stock version is still a great price for an Elmax PM2. They have been so hard to come across as long as I have been into Spydercos that I am pretty excited.
Comparing any BBS price against another retailer for a similar item is going to skew heavily toward the non-BBS retailer appearing to be a good deal (independent of whether or not it is actually a good deal or acceptable price to consumers). BBS is where you go when you’re looking to get rapey priced items.
People go to Bento for knives that are out of stock everywhere else and pay full MSRP. Spyderco.com charges full MSRP, are they "rapey" too?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

🍿
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
PStone

Post by PStone »

BBS sells current regular production models at MAP just like most other dealers. Even some sprints too. But once a particular model isn’t available anywhere else, they raise the price to MSRP, and sometimes add a premium too, depending on the demand. KnivesPlus does something similar. They have the “Boss’ collection” that is priced even higher than BBS. But yet they don’t get any shade thrown their way for that. And even those are all CC editions with a number etched on them. Just doesn’t seem fair to hate on BBS.
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Bento box is just not a vendor anyone willingly gives money to. Shipping charges are a solid deterrent at this point. If they went under I could care less...

I will watch the drop, rather buy another saber grind Emerson PM2. Mine has been a real workhorse and love the fat tip on the Pm2 design.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

PStone wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:30 am
BBS sells current regular production models at MAP just like most other dealers. Even some sprints too. But once a particular model isn’t available anywhere else, they raise the price to MSRP, and sometimes add a premium too, depending on the demand. KnivesPlus does something similar. They have the “Boss’ collection” that is priced even higher than BBS. But yet they don’t get any shade thrown their way for that. And even those are all CC editions with a number etched on them. Just doesn’t seem fair to hate on BBS.
I totally agree, I've used them 3 times and never had an issue. The way I see it too is, if I'm already spending $200 or so on a knife, what's another $15 for shipping...for a knife I likely can't find elsewhere. I think a lot of people just see or hear what others have said and form an opinion based on penny pinchers hatin'
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
BAX229

Post by BAX229 »

Snacktime wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:19 am
Bento box is just not a vendor anyone willingly gives money to. Shipping charges are a solid deterrent at this point. If they went under I could care less...

I will watch the drop, rather buy another saber grind Emerson PM2. Mine has been a real workhorse and love the fat tip on the Pm2 design.
Ya, BBS is definitely making $$$ on those shipping rates. Was looking at their M390 Delica, $144 + $30 in tax and shipping. Not worth it. But, that's my opinion.
:usflag :respect
PStone

Post by PStone »

Order placed. Easy peasy :bug-red-white
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Surprisingly smooth! Not bad for a PM2 steel that was once deemed a "grail" for many late Spyderco collectors...now to see the values on those BBS Elmaxes plummet :')
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
PStone

Post by PStone »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:43 am
PStone wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:30 am
I totally agree, I've used them 3 times and never had an issue. The way I see it too is, if I'm already spending $200 or so on a knife, what's another $15 for shipping...for a knife I likely can't find elsewhere. I think a lot of people just see or hear what others have said and form an opinion based on penny pinchers hatin'
I think you’re onto something…

I won’t derail any further.
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

I was able to get my order in, no issues at all. I was after this one to put elmax into my work knife lineup, and put it through its paces. I'm just hoping the dark gray is different than the one on the maxamet so I can tell them apart.
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Didn't have a Spydie with Elmax steel so I pulled the trigger and got one. No problems ordering.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I do not need this new BladeOps exclusive.. I am happy with the BladeOps exclusive that I have..I do not need this new BladeOps exclusive.. I am happy with the BladeOps exclusive that I have..I do not need this new BladeOps exclusive.. hurry up and sell out haha!

This new exclusive is really tempting.. I like Elmax and the not-quite-black-but-close-enough scales are really appealing to my simplistic tastes.. Trying to stay strong here and carrying this one today to remind myself that I really just don't need another PM2..

Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Feels like this Elmax PM2 exclusive will set no records. Fine by me. Glad to get one.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
benchwarmer

Post by benchwarmer »

Hey all,
Enter the promo code SHIP to save $8.95 on shipping charges.
I wish I was as fortunate…as fortunate as me…
~Ed Ved
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

benchwarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:41 am
Hey all,
Enter the promo code SHIP to save $8.95 on shipping charges.
their free shipping method is USPS priority 2 day, no point paying for any of the "better" options.
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Already got a ship notice!