DLT black & red zome Endela dropping Sept. 14

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Gtscotty

Re: DLT black & red zome Endela dropping Sept. 14

Post by Gtscotty »

z1r wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:16 pm
S-3 ranch wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:34 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:55 am
lilshaver wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:07 am

Shipped same day but tracking sucks. May as well have none --- wait on second thought the don't (that works). :smirk

I am guessing they generate the label the same day, but it takes them a day or two to get them packed up and taken to the post office. They probably have a bulk label option in their sales system so after they drop an exclusive they just select all and print labels and voila! 1,200 knives are "shipped" within an hour of the drop. But not really...just a printed label...

Mine is still "Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending" in the tracking as well, so likely still sitting at DLT waiting to be packed and taken to the post office. Hopefully today. This is how it has been for all of the 10+ drops I've bought from them. Label printed within a few hours, but not "accepted" by the post office for a day or two later. Not a big deal.
Yep, kinda annoying to keep receiving messages that it’s not in system yet ,” September 14, 2021, 2:45 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
MARINETTE, WI 54143
Your shipment was received at 2:45 pm on September 14, 2021 in MARINETTE, WI 54143. The acceptance of your package is pending.

” September 15, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility. ””

but it’s my fault for exspecting them to ship in a different way, and IMO the expedited shipping is to expensive to utilize
Blame USPS. My tracking number said the same thing yesterday, then again this moring, later in the afternoon, it said it was at the local distribution center. I ought to have it tomorrow. USPS tracking is terrible these days.
Yeah, another item I received yesterday from a different vendor had the same tracking weirdness. The status was something like "awaiting receipt of item" until a week after it was actually shipped, when it hit the local distribution center. I don't know when USPS tracking got soo poor, seems like it used to work ok.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Mine said awaiting item until today, and it's out for delivery. Maybe we'll leave work early... Hmmmm lol
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

It's because USPS, like any where else these days...can't find people to work. My neighbors, husband and wife both work for USPS and they've been picking up shifts for over a year to fill in spots and get some extra money.

Also, so many people that had or are still working from home tend to online shop A LOT more often than if they were at their jobs so there's also a surplus of products being purchased. Mix that with nobody working, it's a recipe for disaster...or at least a couple days of uncertainty in the tracking system. Nothing to worry about. Sheeeesshhh, I guess patience really is a virtue. This is nothing new since the pandemic began closing in on 2 years ago now.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Well, mine arrived and I'm still at work. Wife intercepted package... Lol

Can't wait to check it out!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

For you who have received yours, did your tracking ever change? Did it show out for delivery? Mine still shows pending in Wisconsin.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
danradz

Post by danradz »

I received mine yesterday. There was a bit of lag in tracking updates, but it did change. Hope you get yours soon.
BAX229

Post by BAX229 »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:40 pm
For you who have received yours, did your tracking ever change? Did it show out for delivery? Mine still shows pending in Wisconsin.
Yes, mine didn't update until today. It was just delivered.
:usflag :respect
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

BAX229 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:57 pm
JSumm wrote:
Yes, mine didn't update until today. It was just delivered.
Thanks! That is good news. I was getting worried.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

JSumm wrote:
I never got tracking info, but did receive mine (the knife) in the mail today.

u.w.
S-3 ranch

Post by S-3 ranch »

Dang, usps ? Or DLT shipping department? My status is frozen in limbo
“”Think of an edge as a living thing that comes and goes, born, get's old, is reborn.””
SAL :spyder:

“ The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men” :bug-white-red :bug-white-red
Revival

Post by Revival »

DLT is the most advanced that I seen so far with using “Route” tracking service. There is even an app for it. I still track every order with my usual Parcel Track app and both updated like normal and I’m in Vegas. That being said, both apps said that my Endelas got delivered but I’m work.
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

Got mine today, I like the overall Endela package and the Zome is a little less ugly in person. I think it will make a good hunting folder, decent size and likely to stand out if laid on the ground while working.

I will say, this Endela is my first Spyderco that has come with some blade blemishes, some small dark streaks (maybe got hot on the belt) and a noticeably uneven bevel (much more bevel in the middle than at the tip and handle ends) on one side. The factory edge is mediocre, but it will have even bevels and be tree topping arm hairs by the end of the night.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

See fellas...patience.

-Rick
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

Got this today

Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:00 pm
See fellas...patience.
I don't think slowed supply chains and slowed USPS shipping timeframes are news to anyone at this point. But for my orders, the failure of the tracking system is more of a recent development, hence the mention.

We're all adults here, no one is turning blue, holding their breath waiting for yet another knife to arrive, lol.

I should add to my post above, the black streaks came off with iso, so just something on the blade, not a grind issue.

The bevel cleaned up well and it's quite sharp now, I'm liking the Endela size and it's going to be a great user with 20CV.

KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

Is the Zome just black polka dots now?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Gtscotty wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:26 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:00 pm
See fellas...patience.
I don't think slowed supply chains and slowed USPS shipping timeframes are news to anyone at this point. But for my orders, the failure of the tracking system is more of a recent development, hence the mention.

We're all adults here, no one is turning blue, holding their breath waiting for yet another knife to arrive, lol.

I should add to my post above, the black streaks came off with iso, so just something on the blade, not a grind issue.

The bevel cleaned up well and it's quite sharp now, I'm liking the Endela size and it's going to be a great user with 20CV.

That's a nice looking edge right there. Yes, the Endela is definitely a great knife! I find it, for me to be that perfect large, but not too large size knife. Not sure how you feel about the PM2, but between the 2 models I've found myself grabbing for the Endela over the PM2 ever since getting mine in K390 a few months back.

-Rick
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Mine came with a slightly assymetrical edge, and while sharp, was not as sharp as I expected a spyderco to be. Just didn't have that sticky feeling I like. Still sliced a paper towel pretty cleanly, but I still put it to the 1200 grit diamond and a couple of swipes was all she needed!

Great knife!
z1r

Post by z1r »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:00 am
.......Yes, the Endela is definitely a great knife! I find it, for me to be that perfect large, but not too large size knife. Not sure how you feel about the PM2, but between the 2 models I've found myself grabbing for the Endela over the PM2 ever since getting mine in K390 a few months back.
Same experience here, since getting my K390 Endela, it has become my go to "large" knife in my EDC combo. That Endela and my ZDP DF2 are my daily EDC knives. I liked that K390 so much that I picked up an open box example at the SFO cuz the price was right. Not sure when I'll actually get to carry this Zome model but it pairs nicely with the Zome DF2. Maybe they wil be my EDC pairing at the nursing home, lol.

I recenty picked up a PM2 and as much as I like it, I still grab the Endela every time I head out.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

z1r wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:46 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:00 am
.......Yes, the Endela is definitely a great knife! I find it, for me to be that perfect large, but not too large size knife. Not sure how you feel about the PM2, but between the 2 models I've found myself grabbing for the Endela over the PM2 ever since getting mine in K390 a few months back.
Same experience here, since getting my K390 Endela, it has become my go to "large" knife in my EDC combo. That Endela and my ZDP DF2 are my daily EDC knives. I liked that K390 so much that I picked up an open box example at the SFO cuz the price was right. Not sure when I'll actually get to carry this Zome model but it pairs nicely with the Zome DF2. Maybe they wil be my EDC pairing at the nursing home, lol.

I recenty picked up a PM2 and as much as I like it, I still grab the Endela every time I head out.
I had a similar experience. The Endela spent more time in the pocket than my PM2. Much slimmer with the exact blade edge. It was much easier to manipulate on a renovation project I was doing so I carried it more. Then it just took over my pocket after that.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005