DLT black & red zome Endela dropping Sept. 14

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
z1r

Re: DLT black & red zome Endela dropping Sept. 14

Post by z1r »

Yeah, I had to think on this all day. Stopped in at the SFO on Saturday and spent way more than I'd intended. In the end, too hard to resist a 20CV Endela for that price.
DLTJordan

Post by DLTJordan »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:35 am
Jordan, please tell me there is an OD Green/TiCN Cruwear Endela (and Endura!!) also in the works!!!!??
Nothing in contract unfortunately, Spyderco put a freeze on all dealer exclusives, no ETA on when we can get more in the pipeline. All we have (same with the other dealers) is what was in contract before the freeze.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

DLTJordan wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:52 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Jordan, please tell me there is an OD Green/TiCN Cruwear Endela (and Endura!!) also in the works!!!!??
Nothing in contract unfortunately, Spyderco put a freeze on all dealer exclusives, no ETA on when we can get more in the pipeline. All we have (same with the other dealers) is what was in contract before the freeze.
Sal mentioned that on a recent Exclusive Thread. Trying to focus on regular production for the foreseeable future. I am glad the Endela got an exclusive before the freeze. I have a tracking #. DLT is fast.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DLTJordan wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:

That is a MASSIVE bummer. Those are literally my two biggest grail Spydies and I was thinking/hoping it was just a matter of time before we saw them. Hopefully they are at the top of the list for when exclusives resume. Thanks for doing this Endela exclusive though. The Endela is really the perfect folder.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
sethwm

Post by sethwm »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:12 pm
DLTJordan wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:
Sal mentioned that on a recent Exclusive Thread. Trying to focus on regular production for the foreseeable future. I am glad the Endela got an exclusive before the freeze. I have a tracking #. DLT is fast.
Interesting. I wonder if that means the next reveal will be delayed too.
BangBang77

Post by BangBang77 »

I ordered a green zome for my grandsons birthday and liked it so much I ordered another one plus the blue K390 model and did a blade swap.

Now I have a blue VG10 Delica and a green zome K390.

I have some 20cv in the recent Jester and M390 in the recent Manix 2 and like the steel, just not as much as K390. I may grab one of these and a K390 Endela and do another blade swap...
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

BangBang77 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:50 pm
I ordered a green zome for my grandsons birthday and liked it so much I ordered another one plus the blue K390 model and did a blade swap.

I have some 20cv in the recent Jester and M390 in the recent Manix 2 and like the steel, just not as much as K390. I may grab one of these and a K390 Endela and do another blade swap...

I totally forgot the Jester was 20CV. I was thinking it was VG10 like my GITD Delicas, Dflies, and Ladybugs. "You might have too many Spydies if you can't keep the steels straight!" :zany So I guess this is my 2nd 20CV knife.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:13 pm
BangBang77 wrote:

I totally forgot the Jester was 20CV. I was thinking it was VG10 like my GITD Delicas, Dflies, and Ladybugs. "You might have too many Spydies if you can't keep the steels straight!" :zany So I guess this is my 2nd 20CV knife.
So this raises the question, can you have to many Spydies?
z1r

Post by z1r »

lilshaver wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:36 am

If you ask my wife, yes! If you ask me, well, I'm looking for my next must have, lol.
Hullk

Post by Hullk »

z1r wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:24 am
lilshaver wrote:

If you ask my wife, yes! If you ask me, well, I'm looking for my next must have, lol.
I bet she doesn't even have any spydies, you sound far more qualified top answer that question.
BangBang77

Post by BangBang77 »

lilshaver wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:
BangBang77 wrote:

Negative Ghostrider.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Hullk wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 am
z1r wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:24 am
lilshaver wrote:

I bet she doesn't even have any spydies, you sound far more qualified top answer that question.
She actually owns a Hawkbill Ladybug. Keeps it on her keychain. But yes, I think I am more qualified! :winking-tongue
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

lilshaver wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:
BangBang77 wrote:

Absolutely NOT! I have more Spydies than any other brand...and when I think I'm done for a while they always reel me back in!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Just picked mine up , I’m falling in love with the Endela . DLT put in a 911 anniversary sticker in the package, nice touch . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
z1r

Post by z1r »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:36 am
Just picked mine up , I’m falling in love with the Endela . DLT put in a 911 anniversary sticker in the package, nice touch . MG2
Sweet. I know that feeling. The Endela is an easy knife to love! Basically, my EDC needs are met most days by the Endela DF2 combo. Waiting (patiently) for mine to be delivered. DLT shipped same day, kudos to them!
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

Shipped same day but tracking sucks. May as well have none --- wait on second thought the don't (that works). :smirk
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

lilshaver wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:07 am

Shipped same day but tracking sucks. May as well have none --- wait on second thought the don't (that works). :smirk

I am guessing they generate the label the same day, but it takes them a day or two to get them packed up and taken to the post office. They probably have a bulk label option in their sales system so after they drop an exclusive they just select all and print labels and voila! 1,200 knives are "shipped" within an hour of the drop. But not really...just a printed label...

Mine is still "Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending" in the tracking as well, so likely still sitting at DLT waiting to be packed and taken to the post office. Hopefully today. This is how it has been for all of the 10+ drops I've bought from them. Label printed within a few hours, but not "accepted" by the post office for a day or two later. Not a big deal.
S-3 ranch

Post by S-3 ranch »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:55 am
lilshaver wrote:

I am guessing they generate the label the same day, but it takes them a day or two to get them packed up and taken to the post office. They probably have a bulk label option in their sales system so after they drop an exclusive they just select all and print labels and voila! 1,200 knives are "shipped" within an hour of the drop. But not really...just a printed label...

Mine is still "Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending" in the tracking as well, so likely still sitting at DLT waiting to be packed and taken to the post office. Hopefully today. This is how it has been for all of the 10+ drops I've bought from them. Label printed within a few hours, but not "accepted" by the post office for a day or two later. Not a big deal.
Yep, kinda annoying to keep receiving messages that it’s not in system yet ,” September 14, 2021, 2:45 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
MARINETTE, WI 54143
Your shipment was received at 2:45 pm on September 14, 2021 in MARINETTE, WI 54143. The acceptance of your package is pending.

” September 15, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility. ””

but it’s my fault for exspecting them to ship in a different way, and IMO the expedited shipping is to expensive to utilize
“”Think of an edge as a living thing that comes and goes, born, get's old, is reborn.””
SAL :spyder:

“ The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men” :bug-white-red :bug-white-red
z1r

Post by z1r »

S-3 ranch wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:34 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:55 am
lilshaver wrote:

Yep, kinda annoying to keep receiving messages that it’s not in system yet ,” September 14, 2021, 2:45 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
MARINETTE, WI 54143
Your shipment was received at 2:45 pm on September 14, 2021 in MARINETTE, WI 54143. The acceptance of your package is pending.

” September 15, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility. ””

but it’s my fault for exspecting them to ship in a different way, and IMO the expedited shipping is to expensive to utilize
Blame USPS. My tracking number said the same thing yesterday, then again this moring, later in the afternoon, it said it was at the local distribution center. I ought to have it tomorrow. USPS tracking is terrible these days.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Thickness behind the edge...anyone ?
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red