DLT black & red zome Endela dropping Sept. 14

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JSumm

Re: DLT black & red zome Endela dropping Sept. 14

Post by JSumm »

I had the DLT Delica in the same format. So I kind of knew what to expect with the colors. I put a little note on the order to check the scales and get the most uneven more on the black side that they could. I think they did a great job.
Attachments
PXL_20210918_183550707.jpg
PXL_20210918_183430483~2.jpg
PXL_20210918_183430483~2.jpg (48.48 KiB) Viewed 2226 times
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
z1r

Post by z1r »

JSumm, sounds so familiar. The open box K390 has become the one I carry and I'm glad I got it. Been playing mechanic on bpth my boy's cars. Spending a lot of time on the ground underneath their 4x4's and have sratched the heck out of the clip. Somehow, teh fact that I didn;t pay full retail, makes it easier to accept. Lol.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Z1r , send me a PM if you would like a replacement clip I would be happy to send you one of my extras . regards MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

z1r wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:51 pm
JSumm, sounds so familiar. The open box K390 has become the one I carry and I'm glad I got it. Been playing mechanic on bpth my boy's cars. Spending a lot of time on the ground underneath their 4x4's and have sratched the heck out of the clip. Somehow, teh fact that I didn;t pay full retail, makes it easier to accept. Lol.
I am not a big fan of the dark clips on light FRN when all the other hardware is satin. I do however like my black FRN with the black clips scratched up. Looks worn and we'll used, so I typically keep those black. On the lighter FRN I will remove the clip and drop it in some acetone. Then wipe off the black. I am going to keep this one black for awhile. I did use the acetone on the Delica in the same format and my K390 Endela.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:00 am
Gtscotty wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:26 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:00 pm
See fellas...patience.
I don't think slowed supply chains and slowed USPS shipping timeframes are news to anyone at this point. But for my orders, the failure of the tracking system is more of a recent development, hence the mention.

We're all adults here, no one is turning blue, holding their breath waiting for yet another knife to arrive, lol.

I should add to my post above, the black streaks came off with iso, so just something on the blade, not a grind issue.

The bevel cleaned up well and it's quite sharp now, I'm liking the Endela size and it's going to be a great user with 20CV.

That's a nice looking edge right there. Yes, the Endela is definitely a great knife! I find it, for me to be that perfect large, but not too large size knife. Not sure how you feel about the PM2, but between the 2 models I've found myself grabbing for the Endela over the PM2 ever since getting mine in K390 a few months back.
I have an original Paramilitary and some P3s, no P2s yet though. I've been meaning to pick one up, but now that I have the Endela in hand, I think it might be more my speed than the Para series in this blade size. Hopefully more Seki exclusives and sprints will be coming down there pipe at some point I've always had a soft spot for the Delica and then Endela seems like more of the same good features without being quite as huge as the Endura.
bobnikon

Post by bobnikon »

bobnikon wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:57 am
:crying-face If I lived down south I would have ordered one
I bit the bullet and ordered one... we will see if it makes it. :crossed-fingers I requested they tighten the pivot down in the order comments.

I for one think it is great that this knife was in zome. I can't imagine a plain handled knife would still be available. And as an added bonus, I don't mind the look at all.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear GDog1066:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Got mine on Saturday. The Zome isn't as bad as I expected, but I still would rather have a solid black or red scale. Probably will make this my dedicated knife for when I am painting or working on my cars. Paint splatters and grease/oil stains might make this one look better! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
rashman

Post by rashman »

Got mine today - Gotta say - Wow!
I've been looking for a new left hand carry knife - I like to carry two knives (one on each side) and its amazing how something fits your primary hand and the other hand no likie.
Almost got it in the K390 (and still might! - lol,) but I already have the Police G10 in that steel.
The zome looks so much better in person than in the photos, but the size and that belly in the blade!
Looking forward to using this one - I've been coming up with excuses to cut some stuff - hahaha
current fav’s: K390 SS Stretch, PM2 CruWear Mircata, P.I.T.S., Subway Bowie
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

Picked up mine from the post office today. First Endela, though I have a few Delicas and an Endura. I think I like this in-between size.
z1r

Post by z1r »

yowzer wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:22 am
Picked up mine from the post office today. First Endela, though I have a few Delicas and an Endura. I think I like this in-between size.
Ironically, when I first started shopping for Spydercos, I was looking for blades under 3", you know, smaller knives. Loved the N5, then got a LW M2 and loved the blade and weight, but it is wide and takes up a fair amount of space in my "office clothes". I went to the SFO and handled the Stretch and the Endela and left with a K390 Endela that hasn't left my pocket since. I didn't let that stop me from getting the DLT Endela though!! ;)
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

z1r wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:41 am
yowzer wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:22 am
Ironically, when I first started shopping for Spydercos, I was looking for blades under 3", you know, smaller knives. Loved the N5, then got a LW M2 and loved the blade and weight, but it is wide and takes up a fair amount of space in my "office clothes". I went to the SFO and handled the Stretch and the Endela and left with a K390 Endela that hasn't left my pocket since. I didn't let that stop me from getting the DLT Endela though!! ;)
Oh, the Stretch 1 is one of my favorite knives ever. Wish I could say the same about the Stretch 2...

But with this family, the Endura is a bit bigger than I usually like to carry. The Delica is a good size for office carry at work, but I like something a bit bigger for more general use... really should have considered the Endela a long time ago as an option.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Funny thing is, for whatever reason, despite it being wildly popular, I can't stand the Delica.

I'm just glad Spyderco makes so many models, so we can all find the "right" one, eventually! :winking-tongue
chronovore

Post by chronovore »

Well, I've been meaning to try out the Endela anyway. This steel and price combination makes it hard to pass up. Now the only question is what dye color to use. I've got brown on hand. Somebody else mentioned using blue to make purple.

For all the talk about dying these scales, has anyone done it yet?
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Royal Blue RIT. It is a little darker in person.
Attachments
PXL_20211002_164257599~2.jpg
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

One more for comparison.
Attachments
PXL_20211002_213350164~2.jpg
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Stelth

Post by Stelth »

Can someone tell me what "zome" means? Is it a camouflage pattern?
:usflag Don't trade your freedom for "safety" :usflag
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Stelth wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:52 pm
Can someone tell me what "zome" means? Is it a camouflage pattern?
From Spyderco:

"Zome (pronounced "zoh-may") is a class of Japanese handicrafts that focuses on dyeing textiles. ... Inspired by this rich artistic heritage, Spyderco's Zome knives are unique variations of our lightweight models, which feature injection-molded fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handles."
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Stelth

Post by Stelth »

Thank you. I tried googling it but got nothing like your answer.
:usflag Don't trade your freedom for "safety" :usflag
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Stelth wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:11 pm
Thank you. I tried googling it but got nothing like your answer.
I will say. This DLT line with 20CV is a little more polka dotty than other Zome patterns.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005