DLT black & red zome Endela dropping Sept. 14

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JSumm

Re: DLT black & red zome Endela dropping Sept. 14

Post by JSumm »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:36 pm
There are a lot of these and the first Endela left. I can't help but think that if they would have done the Endela in the OD Green/TiCN Cruwear combo it would have sold out in a week or two just like the Delica and Dragonfly. Zome
(and smooth G10 for any dealers reading this) seem to kill exclusives. And 20CV is one that has become just your average stainless "supersteel" now with tons of knives having been done in it as well as their M390 and CTS-204P equals. Cruwear/Z-Wear/PD-1 is still pretty rare and tends to drive sales more for the time being. 4V and especially 3V would probably be an even better driver of sales. AEB-L as well given it's popularity in the fixed blade world and rarity in folders.
I think this and the Zome scale color option play a lot into it. I think until a salt Version comes out, this is the next best steel for stainless option. I have not had experience with the steels you mentioned, but I will say for my user EDC options, I prefer the steels that take a nice sticky edge and strop back nicely while balancing good edge retention. From my experience, I would not count 20CV class as "strops back easily."
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I ordered one. This will be the first exclusive I have with a Zome pattern, as the blotchy look does not appeal to me either.
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

I ordered a coated one. This will be my first Endela.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

I ordered one... Had to have both the satin and black!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Mines out for delivery! Can't wait! I hear dlt has an endura in this configuration coming too... Guess I'll have to get it as well!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

My DLT Endelas with the Z my wife got me today. Not blue like my old one, but I dig the orange!

The blacked out Endela is awesome! A little off center but no big deal. Edge is really good and sharp! Glad I snagged one!
islandpar

Post by islandpar »

Ordered my first Endela in DLC, it'll be here next week. Can't wait!
"Remember, it is never the knife's fault." - Daniel Boulud

18 Spyders and counting...
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

Received mine today. Absolutely perfect fit and finish. My first Endela and I can already tell that it’s a keeper. I love the red/black zome with the coated blade. I’d like to see more models in this style. Hopefully an Endura or a Police.
chronovore

Post by chronovore »

z1r wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:07 am
bobnikon wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:40 am
I know a lot of people like it, but why DLC a stainless blade? I have never liked DLC over much and on stainless... I just don't get it.

Is it something more than tacticool that I just don't understand?
Lol, I almost posted the same comment. I scratch my head when I see coated SS blades, personally don't get it, but understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I see it from a functional point of view, SS unlike Carbon Steel, shouldn't need coating. I guess for others though, that's doesn't matter, the aesthetics trump redundancy. Truth be told, I'm not even that much of a fan of coated non-stainless blades. I just don't like the way the coating scratches off with use.

But I like the Endela, so....
A distressed finish or black wash can look cool and avoids some of the scratching issues but generally, I avoid coatings on stainless blades.
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

Patiently waiting for the endura one to come out so I can complete my 4-some (dragonfly, delica, endela, and endura).
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Mine arrived today. I'm still not crazy about Zome, but I can live with it. The Endela was crazy sharp out of the box, which had a free Spyderco sticker, thank you very much :smlling-eyes
Attachments
endela dlt zome 01.jpg
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

The blacked out look really makes this knife look awesome. Mine had a slight burr on the edge, and a few swipes on the spyderco medium stone fixed that. This thing is a razor!

Can't wait for the endura... I must have it in this configuration!
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I felt that the coated blade paired with the red/black Zome handle was too dark, so I swapped the coated blade into my K390 Endela handle.

Now I have a more cheerful satin K390 Endela with Zome handle, and an equally appealing coated 20CV blade with blue handle.
Attachments
endela blade swap 01.jpg