Best Value - Manix 2, Native 5, Para 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VooDooChild

Re: Best Value - Manix 2, Native 5, Para 3

Post by VooDooChild »

Chuck James wrote: ...
Sorry...I'm not gonna be able to join in on ya'lls purse swinging party cause...well...I don't carry one. :party-face

Certainly hope they aren't made of cheap FRN plastic cause ya'lls purse straps may not hold up very well.

Carry on with the swinging!!! :* :*
For the record I didnt insult you. Re-read my post.

Enjoy your name calling. I will enjoy calling you out every time you tell someone frn isnt good enough. Prove it.

Im not trying to live in a fantasy world. Im sure g10 is stronger than frn. Im also sure steel is stronger than g10. Ill just leave it at what I said in my previous post.

If your knife was "in spec" and you bent the handle that much then I would like to see it.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Airlsee wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:44 pm
Chuck James wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:01 pm
Sorry...I'm not gonna be able to join in on ya'lls purse swinging party cause...well...I don't carry one. :party-face

Certainly hope they aren't made of cheap FRN plastic cause ya'lls purse straps may not hold up very well.

Carry on the the swinging!!! :* :*

WTF is this?
That guy doesn't have a clue. As we all know FRN is very durable. He's just trolling
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Not one to get too deep into these debates, but sometimes I make mistakes… used a plastic handled Kershaw doing construction for 5 years, Monday - Friday, 8 hours a day. I doubt it was any stronger than Spyderco’s FRN and the handle was never the problem. Still have that knife in fact, it got retired after picking up my first Spyderco though — a blue FRN Delica. Great knives, I’ve used and given FRN Spydercos without once worrying about their reliability to do hard work.

To stay on topic, the S30V Endura is currently available at KnifeJoy for about the same price as the VG-10 version. That’s a big ‘ole slab of high quality steel in a package built upon ergonomics and cutting performance. I dare you to wear one out in a lifetime.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:37 pm
Not one to get too deep into these debates, but sometimes I make mistakes… used a plastic handled Kershaw doing construction for 5 years, Monday - Friday, 8 hours a day. I doubt it was any stronger than Spyderco’s FRN and the handle was never the problem. Still have that knife in fact, it got retired after picking up my first Spyderco though — a blue FRN Delica. Great knives, I’ve used and given FRN Spydercos without once worrying about their reliability to do hard work.

To stay on topic, the S30V Endura is currently available at KnifeJoy for about the same price as the VG-10 version. That’s a big ‘ole slab of high quality steel in a package built upon ergonomics and cutting performance. I dare you to wear one out in a lifetime.
The 20cv exclusive version is also still available! That is a lot of edge and a lot of value for $115. I would have picked one up if I didn't just get the DLT 20cv Endela.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005