Spyderco Heinnie Haynes UK Penknife G10 back into stock

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Menipo

Spyderco Heinnie Haynes UK Penknife G10 back into stock

Post by Menipo »

I received 5 minutes ago an email from HH informing me that the HH UKPK G10 Exclusive is back into stock (at $ 122.86 / EUR 105.13)

So if any of you are interested, hurry up!

As the email said, "🚀 Be quick! 🚀 You’re one of several people who are receiving these reminders. We’re sending them out in order of signup. There are several people behind you in the queue who will receive their reminders in the next few minutes. We have a limited quantity of Spyderco Heinnie Haynes® UK Penknife G10 available for purchase. These are sold on a first-come-first-served basis. If the Spyderco Heinnie Haynes® UK Penknife G10 is still showing as Out of Stock, that means that we have, unfortunately sold out again."

;)
Si vis pacem para bellum ;)
JRinFL

Re: Spyderco Heinnie Haynes UK Penknife G10 back into stock

Post by JRinFL »

Thanks!

Also posted at the end of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88528
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Menipo

Post by Menipo »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:44 am
Thanks!

Also posted at the end of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88528
You’re welcome. I wasn’t aware that it had been already reported when I wrote my post.

In any case, better two than none … :thinking
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

Menipo wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:15 am
I received 5 minutes ago an email from HH informing me that the HH UKPK G10 Exclusive is back into stock (at $ 122.86 / EUR 105.13)

So if any of you are interested, hurry up!

As the email said, "🚀 Be quick! 🚀 You’re one of several people who are receiving these reminders. We’re sending them out in order of signup. There are several people behind you in the queue who will receive their reminders in the next few minutes. We have a limited quantity of Spyderco Heinnie Haynes® UK Penknife G10 available for purchase. These are sold on a first-come-first-served basis. If the Spyderco Heinnie Haynes® UK Penknife G10 is still showing as Out of Stock, that means that we have, unfortunately sold out again."

;)
I also got this mail.
In the search results its shown as not available (red dot).
If you click on the item it is green and you can put it basket.
I've already ordered one :bug-red
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Got mine coming. Really looking forward to that G10 and that color.
Thunderpants

Post by Thunderpants »

I told myself I have enough knives to last a lifetime, so I really don't need any more.
Of course, as soon as I got the email telling me the HH UKPK was back in stock I lost control of my fingers and before I knew it, I'd ordered one. I guess I will have to pay German import tax (thanks Brexit!) but even then it looks like a bit of a bargain, compared to some FRN models which are getting a bit too pricey to be spur of the moment purchases.
Menipo

Post by Menipo »

Thunderpants wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:40 am
I told myself I have enough knives to last a lifetime, so I really don't need any more.
Of course, as soon as I got the email telling me the HH UKPK was back in stock I lost control of my fingers and before I knew it, I'd ordered one. I guess I will have to pay German import tax (thanks Brexit!) but even then it looks like a bit of a bargain, compared to some FRN models which are getting a bit too pricey to be spur of the moment purchases.
The wait was so long that in the meantime I bought the S110V and CTS-BD1N versions. Two completely different steels and blade shapes.

Today the HH Exclusive does not add anything to me. I prefer the S110V over the S30V and the drop point shape over the leaf shape. And paying about $ 150/170 (price + shipping + taxes + (probably) import duties thanks to Brexit as you said) for just a different color handle doesn't appeal to me. So I will pass. :-||
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Drop point really does deserve more love. Of course, I'm a drop point Stretch fan and this feels like the little brother. Maybe a blade swap with the S110v? May give that a try.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Menipo wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:41 am

Today the HH Exclusive does not add anything to me. [...] drop point shape over the leaf shape. And paying about $ 150/170 (price + shipping + taxes + (probably) import duties thanks to Brexit as you said) for just a different color handle doesn't appeal to me. So I will pass. :-||
Well said, I'm in the same boat. The same knife with drop point blade would have been a game changer for me though.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Menipo

Post by Menipo »

Peter1960 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:32 am
Menipo wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:41 am

Today the HH Exclusive does not add anything to me. [...] drop point shape over the leaf shape. And paying about $ 150/170 (price + shipping + taxes + (probably) import duties thanks to Brexit as you said) for just a different color handle doesn't appeal to me. So I will pass. :-||
Well said, I'm in the same boat. The same knife with drop point blade would have been a game changer for me though.

Absolutely! It is now me who says well said.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Thunderpants wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:40 am
I told myself I have enough knives to last a lifetime, so I really don't need any more....
Ha! I've been saying that for a few years. My biggest problem is that they don't leave once they get here. I'm running out of places to put them

You're gonna like that HH UKPK!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Worm

Post by Worm »

I am really upset how HH handled this:
Friday the whole world gets the mail that this exclusive is in stock.
I checked the whole weekend how their stock went down from ~600 to ~300 (now at 150).

I ordered and paid 14 months ago.
Monday evening, after reminding them of my order, I get a mail from HH giving me two options:
"As we haven't managed to deliver it within 3 months of your payment, there are a couple of options for you;
1, We can refund your order, and allow you to place another order. This allows you to take advantage of the VAT free price we now offer on European orders (£74.96).
Please note that your country will charge between 5 and 10% import duty and a nominal handling charge.
2, A full refund."

I am confused that there is no option that my item which I already paid just gets shipped.
Furthermore, they could have known for months if they do not want or do not can ship to EU countries for old orders.
Back then I even paid less than now with VAT free because there was a price jump for that knife and I had a promo code.
That is why I pre-ordered.

So, Heinnie Haynes why do pre-orders for EU customers at all during all that time?
rhaug

Post by rhaug »

Worm wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:16 am
I checked the whole weekend how their stock went down from ~600 to ~300 (now at 150).

Monday evening, after reminding them of my order, I get a mail from HH giving me two options:
"As we haven't managed to deliver it within 3 months of your payment, there are a couple of options for you;
1, We can refund your order, and allow you to place another order. This allows you to take advantage of the VAT free price we now offer on European orders (£74.96).
Please note that your country will charge between 5 and 10% import duty and a nominal handling charge.
2, A full refund."

I am confused that there is no option that my item which I already paid just gets shipped.
Furthermore, they could have known for months if they do not want or do not can ship to EU countries for old orders.
Back then I even paid less than now with VAT free because there was a price jump for that knife and I had a promo code.

So, Heinnie Haynes why do pre-orders for EU customers at all during all that time?
I also am not too impressed with how HH handled this. The long pre-order time without any information aside, they should have been better prepared to handle the pre-orders once the stock came in.

I reached out to them to remind them of my order, as I also found it strange to get the back-in-stock notification but no update on the order I payed for over a year ago.

This is the response I got:

All back orders are being processed and worked though as quickly as we can today.

There are hundreds to work though and we shall let you know when they leave.

Thank you for your patience

Doesn’t strike me as a response from a business at the top of their game. Don’t think I’ll order there again.
On deck: FRN Chaparral

Moved on: Techno 2, SpydieChef

Excited to get: UKPK Heinnie Haynes edition, Lil'Kapara (bring it on! :D )
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Worm wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:16 am

2, A full refund."

I got the same message in the US. I'm confused too, they want to refund me now after a year of waiting and have me place a new order for £10 more than the original price? Are they at least holding one for me while I wait for a response to my reply message?
-Turbo
Worm

Post by Worm »

Seems that it worked out in the end.
Got finally a mail from Heinnie Haynes today that my UKPK will be shipped.
Although they tried again that I cancel my pre-order and order again (still not sure why).

I have been looking forward to this one for a long time.
It will be my first Spyderco exclusive as they are hard to get in Europe for a reasonable price.

The UKPK has awesome ergonomics, especially for a slip-joint.
Now there ist just the S90V carbon fiber premium version left to hope for.
Badger410

Post by Badger410 »

Worm wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:39 am
Seems that it worked out in the end.
Got finally a mail from Heinnie Haynes today that my UKPK will be shipped.
<snip>
Now there ist just the S90V carbon fiber premium version left to hope for.
That's great news.

I would purchase a UKPK in S90V in a heartbeat
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

For who's still interested in his, should be able to get 10% off with HEINNIE25 until the end of Sunday
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

I've got mine today and they are sold Out again.

ASF
Matus

Post by Matus »

[sorry, I got the UPKP and Urban mixed up, just ignore this reply, thanks]
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Whatever you guys do, don't take this thing apart. What a nightmare, I've had mine apart for 2 days and can't get it back together. That spring is a real pain.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick