Next Reveal Anticipation

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Monty

Re: Next Reveal Anticipation

Post by Monty »

Are we there yet? 😔
PStone

Post by PStone »

:zany The anticipation is brutal!
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i'm guessing we're not getting one. they already said they're going to focus on building up supply of production models and not do so many exclusives for a while. they still have knives to release from every reveal from reveal 5 and on. with these two factors in consideration, maybe they're holding off until they catch up?
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

I think we'll get the new Reveal tomorrow. I'm positive.
--Jeremy
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

ladybug93 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:52 am
i'm guessing we're not getting one. they already said they're going to focus on building up supply of production models and not do so many exclusives for a while. they still have knives to release from every reveal from reveal 5 and on. with these two factors in consideration, maybe they're holding off until they catch up?
Good point. At some point in time they will have to do this or increase production which isn't easy.
Hambone

Post by Hambone »

Rp5 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:49 am
The recent reveals have been on Tuesday/Wednesday... so maybe next week, maybe next month?

Hoping the reveal didn't get delayed due to supply chain issues.
Shh, don’t say such hurtful things.
Matus

Post by Matus »

Well, it would make sense so skip a reveal or two, but for the sake of the sanity of many of us - if would be nice for Spyderco to say so in advance ...
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

I'm just as keen as the rest of you to see what Spyderco has up their sleeves, but this thread is also a reminder that we're all gratification junkies.
Sober October is coming up. Who's up for a challenge and stretch the definition of sober to include not looking for new knives, existing models or upcoming and even the other trinklets we drewl over, justify, order and can't get here soon enough?
Let the brain's reward center sober up for a bit, move the baseline for gratification so we all can enjoy the stuff we already have for a wee bit. Maybe even get more enjoyment from all the amazing immaterial stuff life can offer ;)

I have a little thing planned next weekend, so wont't start officially until October 3., but for non edibles I'll start right now (meaning end of today). Won't check this thread or the reveal itself (if published) until November 1.

See ya!
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

Snooze you loose. :cheap-sunglasses
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

aicolainen wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:48 am
I'm just as keen as the rest of you to see what Spyderco has up their sleeves, but this thread is also a reminder that we're all gratification junkies.
Sober October is coming up. Who's up for a challenge and stretch the definition of sober to include not looking for new knives, existing models or upcoming and even the other trinklets we drewl over, justify, order and can't get here soon enough?
Let the brain's reward center sober up for a bit, move the baseline for gratification so we all can enjoy the stuff we already have for a wee bit. Maybe even get more enjoyment from all the amazing immaterial stuff life can offer ;)

I have a little thing planned next weekend, so wont't start officially until October 3., but for non edibles I'll start right now (meaning end of today). Won't check this thread or the reveal itself (if published) until November 1.

See ya!

Most of us probably are chasing a high, personally I just haven't been super excited for anything new that's come out in a long time aside from the SE K390 models, so I've kinda been bored and in Spyderco limbo for some time now. I do agree things need to get caught up though, and I hate to sound like it's a constant excuse but I get the covid crap is still having an impact on all of this.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:21 am
aicolainen wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:48 am

See ya!

Most of us probably are chasing a high, personally I just haven't been super excited for anything new that's come out in a long time aside from the SE K390 models, so I've kinda been bored and in Spyderco limbo for some time now. I do agree things need to get caught up though, and I hate to sound like it's a constant excuse but I get the covid crap is still having an impact on all of this.
I'm not bored and excited for something new... I'm anticipating a particular model that I've wanted to see come out for about a year. Just super excited to see if it's in the next reveal.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Including the Dealer Exclusive coming out on Tuesday, only 42 of the 92 (46%) new Spyderco knife models released this year have been new regular production models. New and restock of Exclusives/Sprints/Mule Teams have seemingly taken a significant portion of the production capacity away from new and restock of regular production models.

2021 will probably be the best year for Spyderco in releasing the greatest number of new knife models. We're at 92 now with a good 3 months to go. The record is 100 new Spyderco knife models which was set last year.

Even though on June 22, 2021 Sal mentioned that "we will be cutting back on exclusives until we can catch up with regular production", it takes a while for the ship to right itself. Since June 22nd, there have been 18 new Exclusives/Sprints/Mule Teams and several Dealer Exclusives have had restocks.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
40mm

Post by 40mm »

If they reveal a Dragonfly Salt SE with a black coated blade I will be forced to purchase a knife.
40mm

Post by 40mm »

Oh and if they reveal an FRN serrated H1 Worker, then I’d be forced to buy TWO knives.
Last edited by 40mm on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuh Nups

Post by Nuh Nups »

I might be mistaken, but even if the reveal was tomorrow, it’s hard to say when the knives would actually be available, right? I’m just thinking of the serrated K390 Police 4 lw as an example. I pre-ordered 2 of them on May 13th, I believe that was shortly after they were revealed. I haven’t heard anything on those as far as an ETA. If fact, the store I ordered them from hasn’t heard anything yet.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. I think it’s great that Spyderco is that busy. I understand they are behind and some of that is out of their control. I’m just making sure I understand the reveals correctly. If something is revealed tomorrow let’s say, we can’t expect it to be in the mail next week.
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Spyderco’s original intent on the delivery of Revealed products was that they’d be available for sale 90-120 days after the Reveal per TazKristi’s January 11, 2019 post for Reveal #1.

TazKristi wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm
I posted this on facebook so some of you may have already seen it, but I think it'll be helpful here too.

ETA... everyone wants to know, right? With our new process, our intent is that everything in this Reveal will be available within the next 90-120 days.
This is not the only Reveal that you'll see this year. Our goal and expectation is that everything in this Reveal will ship before we launch the next Reveal.

This is a big change for us (and for you). We absolutely are aware of that. We know this year will be one of transition and we're willing to say that there might be a bump or two along the way (transitions usually come with a few inherent challenges) but we're really excited to be able to offer our new Reveal program and to have you along with us for the journey.

Kristi
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

RamZar wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:52 pm
Including the Dealer Exclusive coming out on Tuesday, only 42 of the 92 (46%) new Spyderco knife models released this year have been new regular production models. New and restock of Exclusives/Sprints/Mule Teams have seemingly taken a significant portion of the production capacity away from new and restock of regular production models.

2021 will probably be the best year for Spyderco in releasing the greatest number of new knife models. We're at 92 now with a good 3 months to go. The record is 100 new Spyderco knife models which was set last year.

Even though on June 22, 2021 Sal mentioned that "we will be cutting back on exclusives until we can catch up with regular production", it takes a while for the ship to right itself. Since June 22nd, there have been 18 new Exclusives/Sprints/Mule Teams and several Dealer Exclusives have had restocks.
I wouldn't consider 92 variations of existing models "new" models. Spyderco is becoming redundant in my opinion. Where are the new designs Spyderco?
Nuh Nups

Post by Nuh Nups »

RamZar wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:28 pm
Spyderco’s original intent on the delivery of Revealed products was that they’d be available for sale 90-120 days after the Reveal per TazKristi’s January 11, 2019 post for Reveal #1.

TazKristi wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm
I posted this on facebook so some of you may have already seen it, but I think it'll be helpful here too.

ETA... everyone wants to know, right? With our new process, our intent is that everything in this Reveal will be available within the next 90-120 days.
This is not the only Reveal that you'll see this year. Our goal and expectation is that everything in this Reveal will ship before we launch the next Reveal.

This is a big change for us (and for you). We absolutely are aware of that. We know this year will be one of transition and we're willing to say that there might be a bump or two along the way (transitions usually come with a few inherent challenges) but we're really excited to be able to offer our new Reveal program and to have you along with us for the journey.

Kristi
Thanks for the clarification, RamZar. I appreciate it. 👍
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Matus wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:16 am
Well, it would make sense so skip a reveal or two, but for the sake of the sanity of many of us - if would be nice for Spyderco to say so in advance ...

I don’t mind the skip, but please tell us if you’re doing so!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Dazen wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:53 pm
Matus wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:16 am

I don’t mind the skip, but please tell us if you’re doing so!

This is the funniest part, someone from Spyderco has to see this and has to know and are probably just laughing their butts off at our anguish. It's a great problem to have when people are all but demanding your products faster than you can make them.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David