Native Chief CS Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Granoo Fink

Native Chief CS Exclusive

Post by Granoo Fink »

cycleguy

Re: Native Chief CS Exclusive

Post by cycleguy »

Nice. Shop keeper mentioned that these would be coming when I phoned in my order for the coated version.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

I wonder how many of the dlc version they made? I noticed those are still in stock..its pulling on me hard but I've already bought 6 new spydies last week and a half.
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
Nuh Nups

Post by Nuh Nups »

Demon85z wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:48 pm
I wonder how many of the dlc version they made? I noticed those are still in stock.
I don’t know but I received one for Father’s Day and I don’t think it has left my pocket since. Definitely one of my favorite knives. The fit and finish is excellent and it was the sharpest knife out of the box I’ve ever had. I used it quite a bit and finally sharpened it. I’m pretty happy with the edge retention and toughness so far and I couldn’t believe how easily the XHP could get to hair-whittling sharp. Now that I think about it, maybe I just talked myself into the satin version.....
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I'll pony up for it as soon as I have the cash.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

This is probably the most tempting NC yet.
I’ll be using it mostly as an outdoor folder, so the scale color is spot on.
I don’t have significant experience with XHP, but from my understanding, even that seem to be the most ideal balance of stain resistance, edge retention, toughness and ease of sharpening that we’ve seen so far - for my type of use.
Might have to swap in a magnacut blade when that version is released :)

Still a little bit on the fence. I’m trying to realign my collection to my current needs, and I haven’t really figured things out yet. As such I don’t know where or how the NC fits in, and I would prefer to buy it out of necessity (stretching the definition of that word to its limit) rather than FOMO.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

My Native Chief collection just got a little bigger.
•• Beau
metaphoricalsimile

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

I was saying I wanted a serious working knife in XHP so I'm putting my money where my mouth is :grin-sweat
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:35 pm
My Native Chief collection just got a little bigger.
Mine just got infinitely bigger, so kind of beat you there... in a way :-)

I was pretty sure this was the right one for me, but still slightly on the fence and it didn't help that Cutlery Shoppe have stopped shipping to Norway, but when Jeff said he could ship it to me anyways, that kind of took care of the fence part as well :winking-tongue
buckleys

Post by buckleys »

Tempted by this, but I'd probably not use it a lot due to size, I'm hoping for a G10 XHP Native 5 down the line
KnotTheory

Post by KnotTheory »

Oh that is tempting, I've wanted this knife and Carpenter Steel is fun. I have the Carpenter steel Mule and that's been a very nice piece, sharpens up nice and cuts so smoothly.

I'm not going to lie, I'm mildly tempted to grab a coated one for a "Halloween" knife XD But that's a lot to spend on a joke, haha

But I'd prefer the uncoated.
⟨ x , y ∣ x 2 = y 3
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

I ended up waiting until the drop today to pick up the dlc version. Couldn't do both with all the other spydies picked up this month. I have the exclusive native with the s90v dlc and its been my go to Halloween/October carry last couple years. Was time for a new one and I've got a feeling this will carve pumpkins alot easier..I'm excited!
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
Chuck James

Post by Chuck James »

Demon85z wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:17 pm
I ended up waiting until the drop today to pick up the dlc version. Couldn't do both with all the other spydies picked up this month. I have the exclusive native with the s90v dlc and its been my go to Halloween/October carry last couple years. Was time for a new one and I've got a feeling this will carve pumpkins alot easier..I'm excited!
I did the same thing... Just went to Cutlery Shoppe to look at this release and bought the DLC version instead. :smiling-cheeks
Nuh Nups

Post by Nuh Nups »

Chuck James wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:24 pm
Demon85z wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:17 pm
I did the same thing... Just went to Cutlery Shoppe to look at this release and bought the DLC version instead. :smiling-cheeks
I think you will both like it a lot! It’s a great knife!!
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

:orange-heart
•• Beau
metaphoricalsimile

Oh wow, that shipped *fast* considering I opted for the free shipping. It didn't come as sharp as I usually expect spydercos too. Same as my knife joker jester. Does anyone else find that sometimes the fit and finish isn't quite as good on exclusives/sprints?
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Dang ... that did ship fast!

I want to get one but budget outlook at the moment isn't idea for another knife. Glad these don't disappear the moment they drop; looks like there will be a little bit of time to make it happen.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

Mine arrives tomorrow
Free lolipops!
metaphoricalsimile

cycleguy wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:40 am
Dang ... that did ship fast!

I want to get one but budget outlook at the moment isn't idea for another knife. Glad these don't disappear the moment they drop; looks like there will be a little bit of time to make it happen.

CG
I think that's the benefit of these exclusives is that the stores/distributers that sell them can reorder them, rather than sprints which are true limited editions.
Hopsbreath

New discounted price

Post by Hopsbreath »

This is among the very best deals for Spydercos now. I got mine yesterday and it’s perfectly crisp. I highly recommend scooping one up.
https://cutleryshoppe.com/spyderco-c244 ... exclusive/