Mystery KnifeCenter Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buddafucco

Re: Mystery KnifeCenter Exclusive

Post by Buddafucco »

Mrj wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:36 pm
When will show on their site or does anyone have a link?

They might not put up the listing until it's Go time.
•• Beau
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Ehhhhh I love Cruwear but all black is just not exciting enough - I'd rather spend the $ on the M4 LW model which seems to still be available.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
normal

Post by normal »

I would love to have one, but I hate the "Surprise, it is dropping now" method of releasing exclusives. If you can't spend the day refreshing IG every 5 seconds or hoping the notification actually works you don't stand a chance and it is pretty crappy to tell people they have to spend their whole day tied up if they want one. I know they are scared that their site will crash, but having a set time is a more fair method in my opinion. It always makes me feel like the companies that do this have less respect for the customer and their time. I will check IG every once in awhile and if they happen to be in I will get one, but I can't spend my day online waiting for the notification that it is dropping. Good luck to everybody that wants one.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

normal wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:16 am
I would love to have one, but I hate the "Surprise, it is dropping now" method of releasing exclusives. If you can't spend the day refreshing IG every 5 seconds or hoping the notification actually works you don't stand a chance and it is pretty crappy to tell people they have to spend their whole day tied up if they want one. I know they are scared that their site will crash, but having a set time is a more fair method in my opinion. It always makes me feel like the companies that do this have less respect for the customer and their time. I will check IG every once in awhile and if they happen to be in I will get one, but I can't spend my day online waiting for the notification that it is dropping. Good luck to everybody that wants one.
Yea and people like me that don’t have any social media
MRj “Weak things break!”
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I could be wrong but I don't think this one's going to be an instant sell out. There should be plenty of time to buy one if you want
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
dkelley661

Post by dkelley661 »

I probably mistaken but it seems like the Jester and the Smock are the only sellouts from the past month or so.
normal

Post by normal »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:52 am
I could be wrong but I don't think this one's going to be an instant sell out. There should be plenty of time to buy one if you want
I hope you are right. Historically Cruwear and P3's go fast. I tried for that DLT Cruwear P3 and it froze their site. I tried for 30 minutes and could not get one. But nowadays things are getting more unpredictable so who knows.
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

If I remember correctly, the satin Para 3 took a little bit to sell out. I think most people thought it was a boring color, and/or didn't like the smooth G10.

Going back to the original satin version thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81692

Looks like it was released Oct. 26th, 2018 and out of stock sometime around Nov. 14th, 2018.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

normal wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:14 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:52 am
I hope you are right. Historically Cruwear and P3's go fast. I tried for that DLT Cruwear P3 and it froze their site. I tried for 30 minutes and could not get one. But nowadays things are getting more unpredictable so who knows.
Yes, Cruwear typically sells fast but a lot of people dislike smooth G10. I used to be one of those people but I actually kind of like it now. I have several other Cruwear knives and several Para 3s. So I won't be buying this one
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I only find this one very slightly tempting because I'd like to swap the green scales from my KW exclusive with 204P onto this knife and put the smooth, black G10 scales with the 204P blade.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:28 pm
I only find this one very slightly tempting because I'd like to swap the green scales from my KW exclusive with 204P onto this knife and put the smooth, black G10 scales with the 204P blade.
I was thinking it might be a good candidate for aftermarket scales but I'm about maxed out on Para 3s. I'm not even carrying them much lately. When I do it's usually a LW model at work
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Zive

Post by Zive »

Scored. Thanks Beau!
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

Got one!
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
FK

Post by FK »

Another black blade,,,, pass.

Regards,
FK
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I have the smooth G10 cruwear exclusive so I’m out. That and I’ve got to buy new truck tires tomorrow…. :worried
Chuck James

Post by Chuck James »

I thinks these are awesome so I picked up 2 of them.

Mostly because it's a great deal and....WELL....the knife does not have the cheap plastic FRN handle on it. ;)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

KnifeCenter posted on Instagram: “Black-coated Cruwear blade. Black liners, hardware, and pocket clip to match.” However, when you look at the pictures posted on their website it doesn’t appear as though the liners are coated black!

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
sn0wman72

Post by sn0wman72 »

I notice the same thing RamZar, we need to see some in-hand photos
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Could it be just reflection from the lighting?
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet