Schempp Bowie back in stock at SFO

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
samdasnake

Schempp Bowie back in stock at SFO

Post by samdasnake »

Just thought I'd let you good folks know. Just grabbed one. I've been waiting a long time. Almost bought one on eBay. Glad I waited!
Matus

Re: Schempp Bowie back in stock at SFO

Post by Matus »

I am glad I am not alone who likes this little cool, strange knife. It also just arrived to my favourite German knife shop (https://altonaer-silberwerkstatt.de/shop/) toda and mine is already in shipping. I feel a bit stupid as I could have gotten it from France for nearly 50€ less 2 months ago, but on the other hand I am supporting a small shop and that feels good :)
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Does this mean that they will soon be available through other dealers as well?
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

mikey177 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:58 am
I would expect so. I’ve started to see them pop up at various dealers.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

samdasnake wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:02 am
mikey177 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:58 am
I would expect so. I’ve started to see them pop up at various dealers.
That's good to hear. Thanks!
jdw

Post by jdw »

I am a big fan of the knife as well and I’m glad to see them available again. They are also available at DLT.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Matus

Post by Matus »

I have just received mine and am happy to say that Spyderco did their CQI magic and rounded ALL edges that are not supposed to be sharp. I had a chance to handle one of these in the past and the inner edges on the frame, lockbar and hole were as sharp as 90 degree corner can be. I was already prepared that I will have to take the knife completely apart and carefully round all that is to be rounded - alas - that is not necessary now. Thumbs up to Spyderco team in Taichung!

Look at the photos below. In the first photo is the right edge of the lock bar (which you never touch) - this one was left sharp. The next photo shows the side against which you push with your thumb - and this one is perfectly rounded, as are all other edges - for example the spine of the knife as can be seen in the 3rd photo. Yes the protective stickers were still on the bolsters when I took the photo.

A1B1D040-67A4-491A-8CC7-D5FD1DB26D88.jpeg
45C86FA2-FFA4-47B9-A8E7-246A99D619C9.jpeg
98BB3C86-C631-4076-99FF-648B93799100.jpeg
Yes, as the knife is brand new is has a considerable lock stick, what together with the design of the lock bar makes at the moment the unlocking awkward, but that will work itself out.
848CE7B7-8D4D-4001-A79C-8FB4EA28BE8A.jpeg
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

I bought one at the SFO a couple of years ago. It’s one of my favorite knives. Mr. Schempp was at Spyderco that day (the seconds sale in November) and he signed my knife on the blade with an engraver. Every time I carry it which is fairly often it makes me smile. It’s a great design and the fit and finish are perfect on my example.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
Matus

Post by Matus »

I made a little video to promote this knife that seems to get very little love (frankly, I am surprised that it remained in production - kudos to Spyderco!)

https://youtu.be/qs0h_NzAvmo