Australian

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Geeman

Australian

Post by Geeman »

Hi I live in Australia and its Verry expensive to ship gear from America anyone know any ppl in Australia doing custom scales pocket clip
TazKristi

Re: Australian

Post by TazKristi »

Geeman wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:29 am
Hi I live in Australia and its Verry expensive to ship gear from America anyone know any ppl in Australia doing custom scales pocket clip
Hi, Geeman:
Welcome to the Spyderco forum. I'm going to move this thread into our General Discussion area where more people will see it. We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

Hi mate, I'm not into custom scales but I do recommend mxg pocket clips. They are expensive but really good quality. To my knowledge no one is making scales in Australia although it might interest you to visit Alistair Phillips website, the designer of the kapara.
shaztecs_knives on instagram
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Welcome to the forum! :bug-red-white

But since I am from Austria and not Australia ;) I'm afraid I am of not much help.

What I know for sure though: Cuscadi.de, a great custom scale maker in Europe imho, charges just ten Euros for shipping worldwide.
Don't know though if/what taxes/tariffs you'd have to pay when importing scales to Australia.

There are some folks from down under on this forum, I am sure they'll chime in.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Hello Geeman, and welcome!

There’s a few Aussies on here so I’m sure someone will chip in.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Aussie here.

For pocket clips it’s Lynch for me. Usually buy a few things to make it worth it. (T-shirts are comfy)
https://www.lynchnw.com/

What scales are you after. As said above Cuscadi will make anything if you ask and shipping is not that bad.

But with you on shipping being a pain on some things. Looked at a knife from one vendor (non Spyderco) and for a $220 knife shipping was nearly $70US :steam-nose
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.