New Models

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BigJoe

New Models

Post by BigJoe »

IJust started collecting knives. When do most of the new models gone out?
sal

Re: New Models

Post by sal »

Hi BogJoe,

Welcome to our forum.

I can't speak for other companies, but Spyderco comes out with new models quite often.

sal
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Hey Joe,

Welcome to the forum!

While Sal is certainly correct that Spyderco puts out new models quite often, I think you'll find industry-wide that new & upcoming models tend to be announced near Blade Show and Shot Show. You can search Youtube for "Blade Show 2021" + the brand you're looking for and find a lot of cool new models.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

RamZar's "Delivered and Upcoming" thread is an excellent source of info... https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.ph ... f7b8bd716c
•• Beau
Ric

Post by Ric »

Jester was discontinued. Now it's back as exclusive.
At Spyderco it's part of the game (and fun and fascination) to be always up to date.
Paired with the fear of missing out.

For a newbie I recommend trying different sizes and locks to see what you like best.
Plus start to learn sharpening (with a sharpmaker). Sharpening take some time to learn therefore it's better to start early.

Which Spydercos do you have already?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Get the Spyderco app. Also, watch for the new Reveal. It will list many new models, but Spyderco still surprises us from time to time. https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Welcome BigJoe.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

While some new models are announced annually in the Product Guide (January), at SHOT Show (January) and at Blade Show (June & October) the Reveal Volumes (January, May and September) are where the bulk of the new models come from.

Note: These exclude Dealer & Distributor Exclusive new models which show up at random intervals and announced a few weeks before they go on sale.
Last edited by RamZar on Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Hi Bigjoe,
If you're new to collecting knives, you have a heck of a lot of current and older models to concern yourself with. New models are for the most jaded who already think they've experienced everything ;)
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I'm going to redirect this thread a bit...

Welcome BigJoe!

What kind of knives are you interested in? Do you have a Spyderco yet? If so what are your favorites? Are there any that look interesting to you?

What are a few of your main uses with your knives? Do you have a size preference or a restriction?

I hope that you enjoy your time here. There are multiple lifetimes of information to be mined!
So it goes.
BigJoe

Post by BigJoe »

I have several Spyderco’s ie Salt 2 se, SpydieChef. Along with hunting knives, the kitchen cutlery, but never really considered collecting as a hobby.

Trying to find a ParaMilitary 2 and a PM 3. (Other than on Amazon).

I actually used the SpydieChef to carve a brisket this past weekend. I think it blew my in-laws away on how sharp it is.

I have had a sharpmaker for years along with stones and now with the duper steels diamond stones. I grew up using whetstones and oil stones. I just bought the Sharpmaker Diamond Stones. The sharp maker just makes it so easy to touch up a knife. I actually used it for my straight edge razors the other day, just cause I was too lazy to break out the whet stones.
BigJoe

Post by BigJoe »

Thank you all for your input, much appreciated.

Joe