Time For More SPYDIE Clothing & Accessories Maybe?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Deacon

Re: Time For More SPYDIE Clothing & Accessories Maybe?

Post by The Deacon »

There are a few things I'd love to see and that would be "must have" items for me.

Topping the list would be an M1941 "Jeep cap" style cap, as they're what I wear most often in cold weather. Simple :spyder: logo on the front would be fine, as would an overall :spyder: pattern.

Next would be a Spyderco Hawaiian shirt, along the lines of the one Springfield Armory just released with a variety of Spyderco knives replacing the guns and Spyderbug shaped pineapple slices replacing the pineapple grenades.

T-shirts featuring some of the older catalog cover art would be great too. As Cliff noted, the 2000 cover would be a great choice, as would the 2003 cover art. A re-run of the 1998 cover art, perhaps in a shirt color other than white, would be another excellent choice. The artwork from a few of the more recent covers would also be excellent candidates or, for a really retro look, the 1986 cover art.

Finally, mugs featuring the same artwork as the t-shirts would be another "must have" for me.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

razehound wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:37 pm
Oh man can we please bring this back?

Image Image

Been wanting one for forever but they're all gone everywhere!
A SPYDERCO Hoodie!! That would be a "Must Have" for your's truly :cool: Great suggestions thus far guys>>> keep them coming and I do hope that the front office is looking at this thread ;)
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Spyderpatch😎
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I'd like a stretch fitted billed cap (think MagPul or UA) with a velcro area so we can change our Spyderco Patches. Please make at least one for hot weather and skip the trucker hats.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

A long, long time ago I made a suggestion and it had mixed reactions. I said at that time it would be cool for Spyderco and Oakley ( sunglass company) to do a product collaboration. Two classy companies that both focus on quality.

Another item that crossed my mind>> the recent fad of these high quality men's belts that are sort of high tech in the clothing line>> it would be cool if Spyderco made a belt with Spydie on the buckle of course.

And with this summer as hot as it's been it would be nice to have an official Spyderco headband. Great suggestions thus far>> keep them coming please ;)
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Spyderco actually once did make a belt buckle. Fellow forum member, The Deacon, has a photo of it on his website. http://paulberetta.com/spydercobilia.htm

I don't usually wear belts that would accommodate one but I would still welcome a new Spyderco belt buckle. I would come up with a reason to use it.
-Nick :bug-red
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I don't know that I would pick up a western style buckle, but if Spyderco made a "tactical" belt (ex. Wilderness Tactical) I would be on board.
So it goes.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:22 am

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but your signature is pretty badass, I like where you're going.
So it goes.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i came to say i agree. if people are putting spyderco on their bodies in ink, it's because they lack good options in clothing. ;)

but, i also learned about the firebyrd from this thread and now i need one. spyderco, please bring this back!!! even better, make it to fit a mini bic instead and put a dragonfly or ladybug hawkbill blade in it!
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

I'm one of the few my age who probably still collects belt buckles. I got a few from a buddy of mine who worked in the coal mines for many years (most given to him by sales/services reps, and a couple were safety awards), then I learned when fire apparatus manufacturer American LaFrance was located here, they produced three, and then other (usually mine related) buckles were either bought cheap or given to me. I hope they do one in titanium. Pewter is stupid heavy, and brass is a little flimsy.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Airlsee wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:49 am
Mushroom wrote:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but your signature is pretty badass, I like where you're going.
I appreciate that, thanks! I was considering doing a top 5 but my sig looked like it was getting a bit crowded, so I stuck with my top 3. :cool:
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

ladybug93 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:44 pm
but, i also learned about the firebyrd from this thread and now i need one. spyderco, please bring this back!!! even better, make it to fit a mini bic instead and put a dragonfly or ladybug hawkbill blade in it!
Excellent idea
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I discovered a few models and variations I didn’t know of while looking over the catalog art, including that firebyrd I posted.
I legitimately think the artwork it’s showcased with makes me like it more!
Prehistoric life is my weakness :o
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Would love to see more pins in regular production. Pins are my other unhealthy addiction. But unfortunately all I’ve got is the little bug one and one of the hand made Respect ones, which is on the verge of breaking unfortunately.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

Note, completely forgot “Country Knives” exists, just ordered all of the pins they have from their backlog. I have a euroedge, a siren, a clipitool, and a new respect on the way :)
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Spyderco actually once did make a belt buckle. Fellow forum member, The Deacon, has a photo of it on his website. http://paulberetta.com/spydercobilia.htm

I don't usually wear belts that would accommodate one but I would still welcome a new Spyderco belt buckle. I would come up with a reason to use it.
Well with this recent climbing popularity of these premium new style of men's belts I do believe that the timing would be perfect for Spyderco to not only do another buckle but to come up with some type of really nice belt themselves. They could have one of the upper tier clothing companies collaborate with them.

Once more people know the Spyderco Logo ( Spydie) the product recognition would grow as well. I usually only wear a belt with cargo shorts and on some work trousers. These newer flexible and stretchable belts are so much better than the old school leather belts that were around for years.

I would love a Spyderco belt buckle made with Titanium.