Time For More SPYDIE Clothing & Accessories Maybe?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Time For More SPYDIE Clothing & Accessories Maybe?

Post by JD Spydo »

Just today I got out and wore my old Spyderco T-Shirt that I've had for several years. On the back of the shirt it's got the mural/display of the 1997 Dealer's catalog on it. I always get compliments and usually have at least two people ask me about that display on the back. :cool: Also it's got that time tested Spyderco factory quote on it that says "All GOD's Critters Have Knives". I would love to see a new generation of some Spyderco clothing items and accessories with that display and that wise old Spyderco quotation inscribed on it. INDEED "All GOD's Critters Have Knives" :cool:

I also still have one of the ball caps with SPYDIE on the front. Spydie has been of my favorite logos of all time. But yeah I would love to turn the clock back and see Spyderco do some new stuff with that display and age old, time tested quote on it.

Also with the popularity of all these new belts and other clothing items the timing might be right for some new accessories as well. I would love to hear input on what other items with Spyderco on them that might sell well?
Bloke

Re: Time For More SPYDIE Clothing & Accessories Maybe?

Post by Bloke »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:08 pm
I also still have one of the ball caps
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Bloke wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:07 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Yes Ball Caps do need to be on the list. No argument there at all. Actually when fall and winter get here in the northern hemisphere we could also use some stocking caps as well. IF Spydie were a real person he could autograph them as well. :cool:

I would like to see some long sleeved T-Shirts as well. Stuff like that sells good at knife shows
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Tall sized shirts!
Soft storage case with slots for 20-50 Spydercos.
FRN or FRCP Rollerball Pen with Bi-Directional Texturing™.
Spyderco branded vacuum insulated tumbler or bottle.
•• Beau
razehound

Post by razehound »

Oh man can we please bring this back?

Image Image

Been wanting one for forever but they're all gone everywhere!
-razehound :spyder: Spydiechef, Paramilitary 2, Para 3 LW, Salt 2 SE, Spydiechef, Para 3 LW

I'd rather get caught with it than without it...
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

It’d be really cool to see something harken back to the dinosaur catalogs Spyderco and Byrd did!
It’s something I never got to see personally because I’m pretty young, but I really appreciate and love the prehistoric themed history of Spyderco and Byrd knives.

The artwork is is pretty striking and a bit nostalgic for myself, but also surprisingly depicts a mostly up to date image of raptor dinosaurs with colorful feathers. Considering the recent and upcoming Jurassic Park films, dinosaurs are back in style too! Not that they ever really went out of style in my opinion :cool:.
Last edited by Cl1ff on Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

razehound wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:37 pm

Image Image

Did these ever get released? Last i heard they didn't pass QC and were looking for another vendor. Then Covid happened. I don't remember hearing anything since then.
•• Beau
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Buddafucco wrote: Tall sized shirts!
There are two different size soft storage cases called "Spyderpac's." Small holds 18 knives and the large holds 30.

Also, a pen with bidirectional texturing would be pretty cool. :spyder:
razehound wrote:

Image Image

That sweatshirt was actually delayed because Spyderco was unhappy with the result of the original run. It was technically never available for sale.

I'll definitely be buying at least one of the sweatshirts when they're eventually available.
Cl1ff wrote: It’d be really cool to see something harken back to the dinosaur catalogs Spyderco and Byrd did!
It’s something I never got to see personally because I’m pretty young, but I really appreciate and love the prehistoric themed history of Spyderco and Byrd knives.

The artwork is is pretty striking a bit nostalgic for myself, but also surprisingly depicts a mostly up to date image of raptor dinosaurs with colorful feathers. Considering the recent and upcoming Jurassic Park films, dinosaurs are back in style too! Not that they ever really went out of style in my opinion :cool:.
https://catalogs.z6.web.core.windows.ne ... dealer.jpg
https://catalogs.z6.web.core.windows.ne ... 6flyer.pdf
I would be ecstatic if Spyderco ever redid the Firebyrd or redesigned it as a Spyderco.
Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:27 pm
razehound wrote:

Image Image

Did these ever get released? Last i heard they didn't pass QC and were looking for another vendor. Then Covid happened. I don't remember hearing anything since then.
As far as I know, you are correct. They were rejected in QC and never released but that was the last we have heard I believe.
-Nick :bug-red
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:34 pm
Buddafucco wrote: Tall sized shirts!
There are two different size soft storage cases called "Spyderpac's." Small holds 18 knives and the large holds 30.

I was thinking more like a soft shell zippered "pelican style" case with slotted foam inserts. I have a couple knife rolls that i keep my less used knives in, but if I'm hurried or running out the door, the roll isn't convenient enough. However, I have jumped into a friends car with the whole knife roll in hand but that's a whole nother set of problems. I have a soft shelled pistol case, and it's very convenient to leave on the desk and just flip the lid up but it only holds 5 knives or so. And the hard cases are nice but they're a little overkill for my needs. I'm not going on expeditions or encountering curious bears very often.:)
•• Beau
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I enjoyed the most-recent line of t-shirts - the green one is a favorite, but if I could find one of the blue Colorado ones in my size I'd snatch it up. Black and Red, frankly, isn't really my thing, and I appreciate the more subtle, life-style approach to the design on this run.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I’d buy a T shirt with a discreet Spyderco Logo on the left hand side of the chest but I won’t get around like a walking billboard no matter how much I like a particular product or company.

I’d definitely buy a hoodie if I was into armed holdups etc. but I’m not so no hoodie for me. :eek:
James Y

Post by James Y »

About 20 years ago, I had a red Spyderco shirt with a large image of a SS SE Police model on it. I may still have it somewhere. But I wouldn't wear it outside now; the image of the opened knife would probably look too "scary" to people nowadays.

Jim
Matus

Post by Matus »

Spyderco has a really cool looking logo. I can imagine a ton of designs (with or without knives).
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Not sure how much I can actually say (or remember) but I got a little sneak peak of a handful of Spyderco bandana and hat designs last time I was in Colorado. There is definitely more Spyderco merch in the works! ;)
-Nick :bug-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Bloke wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:07 pm
JD Spydo wrote:

Alex, it makes me happy and I am glad that you and your jokes are back!! :) :) :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Definitely looking forward to the hoodies, I have some unspent SFO store credit waiting for those…
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

I would like a baseball cap. Hoodie would be nice.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:59 am
Alex, it makes me happy and I am glad that you and your jokes are back!! :) :) :)
Many Thanks, Gernot ole mate!

It’s good to be back. ;)
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Bloke wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:30 pm
It’s good to be back. ;)

They were afraid you were dead mate...(not an unusual occurrence, in these parts)

Gotta say "hey" once and again.
So it goes.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I just want a nice 3x3 embroidered patch of a red Bug logo with "Spyderco" around the top and "Golden Colorado, USA Earth" along the bottom. Seems like such a common item it would already be in production.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David