Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: New Member

Post by Wartstein »

Welcome to the forum, Jim! :)

/ As others have said: I think your Native will break in to some degree. It is just not constructed to be like a superflickable comp. lock though (something I personally don´t need anyway).

Is yours a Salt (LC200N) or the S30V version? I seem to recall from some comments that the Salt Natives tend to have a bit stiffer action - don´t quote me on this though.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Benchwarmer:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
benchwarmer

Post by benchwarmer »

Hey all!
I really appreciated all the info I got with my first post so I am gonna try again.
I have just recently gotten into Spyderco, I have been a Benchmade person for quite some time.
So what attracted me to Spyderco was this beautiful purple handled knife that I just hadta have. My very first Spyderco was a Para 3 in blurple. Loved the fit, finish and the blade steel so I thought “ok I will get some other models in blurple. Ha! They only exist on Ebay.
I am wondering if that will ever come back or is it retired? For example the Pm2 in blurple looked like a highly successful knife that seems to only be available on the secondary market. Pm2’s are hard to find period! Why? I can still get a Bugout from BM on their site but nothing on the Spyderco site as far as Pm2’s go.
Was just curious.
Btw that first Spyderco purchase has been followed by 8 others from them including some that aren’t even made in ‘Merica!
Never thought I would see the day!
Be well and thanks for making me feel welcome!

Jim
I wish I was as fortunate…as fortunate as me…
~Ed Ved
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

benchwarmer wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:50 pm
Hey all!
I really appreciated all the info I got with my first post so I am gonna try again.
I have just recently gotten into Spyderco, I have been a Benchmade person for quite some time.
So what attracted me to Spyderco was this beautiful purple handled knife that I just hadta have. My very first Spyderco was a Para 3 in blurple. Loved the fit, finish and the blade steel so I thought “ok I will get some other models in blurple. Ha! They only exist on Ebay.
I am wondering if that will ever come back or is it retired? For example the Pm2 in blurple looked like a highly successful knife that seems to only be available on the secondary market. Pm2’s are hard to find period! Why? I can still get a Bugout from BM on their site but nothing on the Spyderco site as far as Pm2’s go.
Was just curious.
Btw that first Spyderco purchase has been followed by 8 others from them including some that aren’t even made in ‘Merica!
Never thought I would see the day!
Be well and thanks for making me feel welcome!

Jim
The secondary market (Arizona Custom Knives and eBay, for example) regularly offers PM2s, even unused ones, but counterfeiters and cloners do lurk in this world so you must proceed cautiously.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Holland

Post by Holland »

Welcome to the forums!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE