Dedication

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Dedication

Post by Sharp Guy »

I love the Spyderco heartbeat sticker. I have one in the back window of my car and on one of my 3D printers. But this is dedication!....

@stigothedump hats off to you!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Mushroom

Re: Dedication

Post by Mushroom »

This past November while I was in Colorado, a friend of mine got that Spyder heartbeat tattooed along his entire forearm! It's such a cool design.
-Nick :bug-red
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

That’s dope!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Wow! Very cool.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Man, I'll put Spyderco stickers on my laptop, water bottle, cooler... maybe the car. Maybe I'm just not dedicated enough, but I'm not down for tattooing a logo on me.

I had a buddy who tattooed the logo of a local taqueria on his butt, they gave him free burritos for life (with a limit of one per day). Seems like a fair exchange when you're 19 living in a punk house and donating blood plasma to pay rent.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
benchwarmer

Post by benchwarmer »

I like it!
Normal sinus rhythm with a twist!
I live in the Los Angeles area yet I have a very visible Boston Celtics tat.
Have fun with it and be proud!
I wish I was as fortunate…as fortunate as me…
~Ed Ved
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

kennethsime wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:30 pm
Man, I'll put Spyderco stickers on my laptop, water bottle, cooler... maybe the car. Maybe I'm just not dedicated enough, but I'm not down for tattooing a logo on me.

I had a buddy who tattooed the logo of a local taqueria on his butt, they gave him free burritos for life (with a limit of one per day). Seems like a fair exchange when you're 19 living in a punk house and donating blood plasma to pay rent.
Haha! I love Spyderco but I'm not willing to permanently mark my body with them. In fact, I'm not really a tat kind of person at all. I've thought about it few times but I'm too indecisive to pick something I like enough to mark it on my body forever. So I've just let the slate clean :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

A T-shirt and ball cap with that would be kinda cool.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Don’t mind the look of it myself. Having a sleeve with a few tattoos I shake my head at what I have seen people ink on themselves over the years.
This is something cool and done well.
Last edited by standy99 on Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I like it. I plan to do something eventually, just haven't decided what I want just yet. For those who don't get it, think of it more along the lines of how something impacts your life than simply having a company's logo tattooed on you. If I got a Maxwell House coffee logo tattoo it would seem weird to probably everyone unless you understand the meaning behind it. Tattoos usually have more to them than just appearances.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:23 am
I like it. I plan to do something eventually, just haven't decided what I want just yet. For those who don't get it, think of it more along the lines of how something impacts your life than simply having a company's logo tattooed on you. If I got a Maxwell House coffee logo tattoo it would seem weird to probably everyone unless you understand the meaning behind it. Tattoos usually have more to them than just appearances.
For sure, it reminds you of where you were in life at a certain point along this journey. All of mine have some sort of meaning to me and it's nice to reflect upon them and see that thankfully life moves on and things do get better in relation to lost loved ones or bad situations/decisions tattoos I have, and I'm thankful that I've got a pretty great life right now :)

I think this one is pretty cool, I like it! I'd have no problem getting that, as Spyderco and this forum have become quite the hobby for me these 4 years and I don't see it waning anytime soon!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Unless Sal or Eric is willing to get a tattoo of my face :eek: on their body, I'm not going to get Spyderco anything tattooed on my body! :D
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
stigothedump

Post by stigothedump »

Thanks man! Now Spyderco really is close to my heart!
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

That tat cost money that could have been spent on a knife :eek:
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

A lot of one word responses came to mind when I saw the pic and dedication wasn't one of them.
attila

Post by attila »

I’d like to get some of those stickers.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

I like the hat and t-shirt idea. Sticker too. The tattoo not so much but it’s really well done.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder: