Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
z1r

Re: Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Post by z1r »

Mine is on the way today!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Blade swapImage
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
z1r

Post by z1r »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:52 am
Blade swapImage
So, now you have a GITD Salt Ladybug as well?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

According to the tracking mine should be waiting for me at home
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

z1r wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:12 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Blade swap[img]https://i.ibb.co/s1z67SR/20210730-124352.jpg[/img
Yes!
Spydergirl88
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The 20cv Jester blade has an L shaped cutout near the pivot hole. Sorry didn't take a pic. Like the lc200n salt 2 cutout but different shape. Sal said its for steel ID at the factory.
Spydergirl88
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Got mine, my first Spyderco keychain knife. Very cool little knife, just to small for my numb fingers. Absolutely love the finger jimping behind the tip of the blade while opening a box with the knife.

So tempted to do a cord on this one and try watch pocket carrying it.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
z1r

Post by z1r »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:37 pm
z1r wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:12 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Blade swap[img]https://i.ibb.co/s1z67SR/20210730-124352.jpg[/img
Yes!
Kool.

Still waiting for USPS to drop mine in the mailbox.
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Mine arrived well packaged and had a few goodies thrown in too which I appreciate! Thanks to the fine folks at the knife joker for hooking it up and bringing back such a cool lil knife. I will definitely shop with them again!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Had to order a GITD Dragonfly for my friend to keep her from stealing my Jester. She doesn't care about Jesters, exclusives, or 20CV but as soon as she saw that it would glow with the lights on she grabbed it put it in her pocket and said 'mine'. :gift
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:46 pm
Had to order a GITD Dragonfly for my friend to keep her from stealing my Jester. She doesn't care about Jesters, exclusives, or 20CV but as soon as she saw that it would glow with the lights on she grabbed it put it in her pocket and said 'mine'. :gift
I received my two today. I held one of my lights on it and got it glowing really good. My girl walked into the room and saw it in my hand and said "you're such a little boy, did you get that from a cereal box?" haha. Then she said where's mine? I told her I ordered two

I compared it to her Ladybug. I knew from Spydergirl's posts that the handle was the same but the edge shape is also the same. When my girl saw that she said she'd keep her ladybug. Not sure why I always thought the Jester had more differences than the spine shape. I'm happy to finally get to experience a Jester but it won't be kicking my Manbugs out my pocket very often
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Mine arrived today, a day earlier than scheduled. I was very pleasantly surprised. Never tried a Ladybug because my Manbug seemed a little too small to be handy, but I now see that it's something about the perspective of the design. The design of the Jester, though Ladybug size, gives it more useful ergos than the Manbug and, somehow, a more substantial, knifelike presence. I can only explain it by pointing out the identifying mark of the designer etched on the blade.
:yin-yang

One reason I got it was to try out the GITD before buying bigger, more expensive GITD knives, and I like that too. The un-activated FRN looks to me better in real life than in most of the dealer ads, and when activated, it's much more impressive that the GITD from the old days.
Last edited by DougC-3 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:37 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:46 pm
I received my two today. I held one of my lights on it and got it glowing really good. My girl walked into the room and saw it in my hand and said "you're such a little boy, did you get that from a cereal box?" haha. Then she said where's mine? I told her I ordered two

I compared it to her Ladybug. I knew from Spydergirl's posts that the handle was the same but the edge shape is also the same. When my girl saw that she said she'd keep her ladybug. Not sure why I always thought the Jester had more differences than the spine shape. I'm happy to finally get to experience a Jester but it won't be kicking my Manbugs out my pocket very often
Good thing you got 2 :grin-smiling-eyes

I consider the Jester in the Ladybug family. Much like the hawkbill ladybug, just a different blade shape. I think the Jester is a better looking, more interesting, and in some applications is a better blade shape for a knife that small. But obviously the market and Spyderco disagree (or they'd still be making them).

I've got the 20CV Jester, H-1 Hawkbill Ladybug, K390 Ladybug, and ZDP-189 Manbug. I find each of them compelling in their own right.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

By the way, mine was among the shaving-sharp ones, and I actually did a little grooming with it right out of box ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

Got mine Thursday when I got home from work.
Was surprised at just how small this thing is. Smaller than my pinky finger even..

Neat though.

I noticed mine has some "lock rock" when using it to cut stuff on the cutting board yesterday evening.

So was wondering if anyone else had actually used theirs yet, and noticed "lock rock" or vertical blade play when open and locked?
I can rock it with my hands to, when it's open and locked.

It's a tiny knife, so of course the lock rock is small also, or proportional..

I'm aware, this isn't a "hard use" knife. Though it does have the Boye Dent in it's back-lock...

u.w.
dkelley661

Post by dkelley661 »

No blade movement in locked position while under stress. Factory edge is good. The pewter jester head added to my order was a nice surprise. Thanks Mr Joker
Attachments
IMG_1182.jpg
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Mine has no vertical or horizontal blade play.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Both of mine have some lock rock. In fact, on one I can feel it when I open the blade and it locks in place. All of my other Ladybugs and Manbugs have it too but maybe not as bad. I just checked my Wharnie Manbug and it has it pretty bad but I have to pull up at the hole pretty hard to do it. I've never noticed it with any of these little knives when actually using them. I've used some pretty hard too. I think it's just the way these tiny knives are. Nothing to worry about IMO
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Almost all of my ladybugs and manbugs have a tiny amount of lock rock.

I could care less.

My manbug salt is easily one of my most used and beat on knives.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

One thing I need to learn is to not stare at it when I'm charging the GITD handle with my SR2 Baton II :spiral-eyes :cheap-sunglasses