Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JRinFL

Re: Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Post by JRinFL »

I thought the minimum for exclusives was 1200 pieces?
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Danke

Post by Danke »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:01 pm
I thought the minimum for exclusives was 1200 pieces?
That would depend on when it was ordered. This was likely in the pipe for years.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The bead was cool surprise in the bag from TKJ. Sticker too.

Put my thumb on the back of the spine and cut in deep to a paper towel roll, the design makes sense. I mean you can thumb assist a normal ladybug, but the jester divot makes it easier, and you can really bear down with the tip.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I don't recall ever having any trouble getting into their site, maybe because I use chrome, or maybe I just didn't try when they were having problems. The first time took a few seconds because I left off the "the" on the front of their name, and I don't think google was familiar enough to immediately drop down their web address.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:41 pm

Put my thumb on the back of the spine and cut in deep to a paper towel roll, the design makes sense. I mean you can thumb assist a normal ladybug, but the jester divot makes it easier, and you can really bear down with the tip.
Cool shot! I've been wondering how the GITD would photograph.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

DougC-3 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:47 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:

Just hit it with my 500 lumen nitecore tini for 10 seconds first. It will glow with the lights on if you do that.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Man I hope I get a cool jester bead thrown in too....I even paid extra for the knife joker key tag too...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:32 am
DougC-3 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:47 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:

Just hit it with my 500 lumen nitecore tini for 10 seconds first. It will glow with the lights on if you do that.
Thanks for the tip! I'm sure my Olight S1RII will do the trick.

Now if the little sucker will just get here! They got it to the actual P.O. yesterday, but it's still in CA and has a couple of thousand more miles to go :hot-face (are these oversized emoticons ridiculous or what?)
bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

Mine wasn't supposed to be here until tomorrow but after seeing Zr's post I checked the tracking and saw it's been sitting in my mailbox for 3 hours. :)

Got one for me and one for my wife to replace the ladybug she can't find. It's only been inside for a few minutes but did a quick out of the box sharpness test and it's one of the sharpest factory edges I've seen...missing a big patch of hair on my forearm because I didn't expect it to shave that well. lol

Hit it with my Sofrin SP36 for a few seconds and yeah it glows!
-Turbo
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Thats interesting about the edge, mine wasn't dull, but it wouldn't shave arm hair. Used my 1micron cbn paste on leather strop, and it was shaving just fine.
:respect :usflag :bug-white

bbturbodad

Post by bbturbodad »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:07 pm
Thats interesting about the edge, mine wasn't dull, but it wouldn't shave arm hair. Used my 1micron cbn paste on leather strop, and it was shaving just fine.
:respect :usflag :bug-white
I opened the 2nd one and it wasn't as sharp as the first but still pretty good for a factory edge. ...and of course my wife found her ladybug today, it's been missing for months.
-Turbo
chops688

Post by chops688 »

Back in stock. Around 20 or so knafs :bug-red
Bamalt1

Post by Bamalt1 »

I hate you guys. My Jester is supposed to be here tomorrow. USPS tracking doesn't even show where it is now or where it's been since leaving CA. It just says In Transit, Arriving On Time so we'll see if it shows up tomorrow or not.
S35VN PM2, Spydiechef, M4 Manix 2 XL, Rex 45 Shaman, Kapara, M4 PM2 Tanto, Ultatech BH, Techno 2, 20CV Yojimbo 2
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Thanks for the heads-up that they’re still available! :) Kind of funny to think several are up on eBay and folks have bids on at least one of them at $128.50.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:06 pm
Thanks for the heads-up that they’re still available! :) Kind of funny to think several are up on eBay and folks have bids on at least one of them at $128.50.
Sometimes think that must be flippers bidding on their own stuff to drive demand.
Fharing45

Post by Fharing45 »

Got one coming with the key ring, Saturday they say.
steelbuckeye

Post by steelbuckeye »

I was debating order 1 or 2 during the drop. I just did one since I wasn’t sure if I’d like it or not being so small. Well I just ordered number two after seeing some of the pictures here, and haven’t even received my first one yet!
samdasnake

Post by samdasnake »

Mine came today. Such a cool little knife!!! This is one of my favorite Spydies in quite some time.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Mine's expected tomorrow (Sat.) -- not bad for a couple of thousand miles (and I think it was just 1st class).
spydie-fan

Post by spydie-fan »

It's been 4 days since mine was shipped, and it's still stuck in CA. :worried