Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chops688

Re: Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Post by chops688 »

Down to 24 remaining - 1:15 PST
Tiquito

Post by Tiquito »

I finally caved. I’ve been telling myself I don’t need this. On the other hand, if I’m being honest there are many days where this is probably all the knife I need and I want to try the little knife out. It’s a niche I don’t have filled. I also like 20cv, M390 et al and since it’s basically the price of a K390 ladybug I figure it will be good to try it out. I also bought a spare in case I like it. I’ve found having a spare of something I couldn’t other wise easily replace makes me more likely to routinely use it. Also I may gift the the extra one to someone. With only about ten left in stock I decided it was probably now or never.
Tiquito

Post by Tiquito »

I finally caved. I’ve been telling myself I don’t need this. On the other hand, if I’m being honest there are many days where this is probably all the knife I need and I want to try the little knife out. It’s a niche I don’t have filled. I also like 20cv, M390 et al and since it’s basically the price of a K390 ladybug I figure it will be good to try it out. I also bought a spare in case I like it. I’ve found having a spare of something I couldn’t other wise easily replace makes me more likely to routinely use it. Also I may gift the the extra one to someone. With only about ten left in stock I decided it was probably now or never.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I'm happy to see that KJ ordered enough to go around, including for those who needed time to think about the purchase for a minute. Good job KJ.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:05 am
I'm happy to see that KJ ordered enough to go around, including for those who needed time to think about the purchase for a minute. Good job KJ.

I'm not sure they ordered any more than other dealers do on other exclusives. I think it was just a less popular model and color (lots of people hate GITD in the same way I hate Zome), so the demand wasn't nearly as high as the latest and great PM2 or Shaman.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I'm pretty sure it was at the new Spyderco recommended level or larger and not the older much smaller minimum quantity that Spyderco had for exclusives. Sal talked about minimum quantities and all that a couple of years ago after the uproar over how quickly all the exclusive were selling out and how many were going to flippers.
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Reasons why it sold slower than most exclusives: Too small size-wise, website buggy, gitd scales, relatively unknown model. Either way it looks like the people that were clamoring for one got one. So thank you Spyderco and KnifeJoker for listening to your customers and re-releasing this classic gem.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

I'm willing to bet that a lot of people gave up due to a really buggy website. I still cannot get into my account to check the order status. I have the confirmation email but haven't received a shipping notice, so I'm just going to assume I'll get it sooner or later.

I thought about ordering one for a friend, but decided it's not worth the pain of using this website.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Have you tried going directly through the link to the product listing page? I can't get the main page to load at all, but (following advice in this thread) I've been able to get in and check the order by bypassing the main page.

FWIW, I got my shipping notice yesterday.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

This is the direct link to the account page at KJ. https://www.theknifejoker.com/my-account/

Their DNS records are not complete so you need to use the full URL and not just theknifejoker.com

My order is still "processing". I have to remind myself that they are not one of the big guys, so I need to remember to be patient.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

Lets just say I've put far more effort than should be required just to troubleshoot this website. If the site owner can't fix it, well I'm just not going to use it.

I just got my shipping notice, so case closed. :cowboy
Last edited by eRoc on Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danke

Post by Danke »

I finally got a couple last night. Thanks to Travis at the shop. Had to ship to our US office instead of to me; the site was a bit grey because you can set the currency to CAD for the order but they won't unlock Canada as a ship too address. Had to do that in the past with other stuff that had distributor agreements that were no export.
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

Only 4 left.
momano

Post by momano »

Well, they just accepted my order- I had convinced myself at least 3 times to forgo. Luckily, I have 7 grandkids- (2 girls) and they will get spydercos passed down to them. LOL
attila

Post by attila »

ONE LEFT!!!
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Very proud of myself to resist temptation on both of the recently released exclusives that have been hanging around!

Keep waiting for posts that will show some pics though!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Mine is supposed to be delivered Friday... I hope it doesn't melt during this heatwave lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Ship notice received, so not the fastest, but perfectly acceptable. They just need some work on their website and DNS records.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Sold out now.
•• Beau
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

I'm guessing Travis ordered maybe less than a thousand of these...it's not quite an in-demand knife to sell out relatively fast (compared to your standard PM2 /Para3 /Shaman exclusives sellout lifespan). Pretty much conjecture on my part though.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet