Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
z1r

Re: Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Post by z1r »

notfixingit wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:24 pm
I carry swiss army, fixed blade, and a folder already, and even a multitool sometimes, not sure where a keychain knife fits honestly, my keys are heavy and annoying enough as is
that's what your fifth pocket in your jeans is for! :D
Leksy

Post by Leksy »

Well, I wanted to make one order today with Aqua Salt and wait for the Jester to make another, but Knifejoker has doubled its overseas shipping cost, compared to my other order a few months ago.
Not sure why, but it's $45 for untrackable (in mostly cases) "1st class" and $85 for "Priority".
Sorry, this is ridiculous. Especially when some other dealers offer $12-25 shipping.
notfixingit

Post by notfixingit »

rashman wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:21 pm
FYI to the forum - the Knife Joker website came back briefly today. Wanted to check my account info before the jester drop and was able to log into my account without a password!!!
If your email was in their data base, it was wide open. Tried a buddy’s email (with his permission and a knife joker account) got right in, no password required or account verification. This is not good - change ur passwords and watch out for a data breach.
They migrated to Google Cloud and made the mistake of updating DNS to point to it before the db restore was finished I think and before they put up a maint page in place of the login. I don't believe it was a compromise, it's more of a IT Opps...
----------------------------------------------------
Spyderco and Tops enthusiast
Obsessed with DLC Cruwear for some reason
Knives, Guns, and Watches, yes please

- Tom aka NotFixingIT
rashman

Post by rashman »

notfixingit wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:32 pm
rashman wrote:
FYI to the forum - the Knife Joker website came back briefly today. Wanted to check my account info before the jester drop and was able to log into my account without a password!!!
If your email was in their data base, it was wide open. Tried a buddy’s email (with his permission and a knife joker account) got right in, no password required or account verification. This is not good - change ur passwords and watch out for a data breach.
They migrated to Google Cloud and made the mistake of updating DNS to point to it before the db restore was finished I think and before they put up a maint page in place of the login. I don't believe it was a compromise, it's more of a IT Opps...
go team WordPress…
current fav’s: K390 SS Stretch, PM2 CruWear Mircata, P.I.T.S., Subway Bowie
notfixingit

Post by notfixingit »

rashman wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:41 pm
notfixingit wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:32 pm
rashman wrote:
go team WordPress…
If that's who did the migration then the mistake makes sense lmao... They still have other issues, like duplicate Google Analytics tracking in the code, so if your running Ad-Block or Pi-Hole, etc it takes twice as long for those queries to timeout and load the page
----------------------------------------------------
Spyderco and Tops enthusiast
Obsessed with DLC Cruwear for some reason
Knives, Guns, and Watches, yes please

- Tom aka NotFixingIT
JakeXman

Post by JakeXman »

I have genuinely no idea how long this will last. A lot of exclusives you can sort of tell, but this one eludes me. All I can do is hope for now and race everyone else come drop time.
Tenacious G10 PE, Tasman Salt 2 PE, Tasman Salt 2 SE, Yojimbo 2, KJ Endura 4 D.P.S. 15 VG-10, LadyBug K390, TKJ Jester 20CV, UKPK Salt, Crucarta PM2, 204 Sharpmaker
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I'm trying to decide whether to get one or two. Anybody know what they charge for postage for a sub-$99 purchase? (It's free for >/= $99)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I have a feeling this will be a frustrating mess from a rinky-dink company. The website will crash and burn .....hope not cuz I want one...just one ,not three....I want to leave some for the masses
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I'm in for one or two if it is relatively easy, otherwise I'll buy a wharncliffe Manbug from another vendor.

I wish someone would bring back a micarta Jester similar to the original. My friend gifted me one years ago, so I'm afraid to EDC it as it is too valuable to me.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
z1r

Post by z1r »

I'll be trying to place an order tomorrow, wish me luck.
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

DougC-3 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:38 am
I'm trying to decide whether to get one or two. Anybody know what they charge for postage for a sub-$99 purchase? (It's free for >/= $99)
Hard to say,

but

I went to order one of the exclusives from them earlier this year and was shocked at what they were charging for shipping. So much so that I didn't place an order. It was like double or more of what it would cost to ship a knife priority if I remember correctly.

If it's that way again - someone will get the Jester I hope to order.
Tiny Ladybug sized knife ought to be pretty low shipping right?? ...

u.w.
z1r

Post by z1r »

u.w. wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:53 am
DougC-3 wrote:
Hard to say,

but

I went to order one of the exclusives from them earlier this year and was shocked at what they were charging for shipping. So much so that I didn't place an order. It was like double or more of what it would cost to ship a knife priority if I remember correctly.

If it's that way again - someone will get the Jester I hope to order.
Tiny Ladybug sized knife ought to be pretty low shipping right?? ...

u.w.
This has caused me to not complete orders on more than one occasion. It's crazy what some folks feel they can charge for shipping. Hope its not the case tomorrow.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

DougC-3 wrote:

I put a Triple black Wharnie Manbug in my cart and calculated shipping. $4.75 USPS 1st Class or $8.80 USPS Priority shipped to Tampa Bay, FL.

I'm probably going to keep the Manbug in my order tomorrow. :spyder:
•• Beau
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

That sounds right to me Buddafucco, and I hope that everyone who wants one gets one - including me - :) Thanks for dropping that info

u.w.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:49 am
DougC-3 wrote:

I put a Triple black Wharnie Manbug in my cart and calculated shipping. $4.75 USPS 1st Class or $8.80 USPS Priority shipped to Tampa Bay, FL.

I'm probably going to keep the Manbug in my order tomorrow. :spyder:
Thanks for the research, Buddafucco. $4.75 sounds pretty reasonable, so I think I'll stick with one (no pun ;) )... can't really justify buying two just to save $4.75 postage... but the Wharnie Manbug sounds interesting.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Looks like the bots are already grinding away. I can't even get the main knifejoker page to load this morning... it's just spinning.

I'd thought i might try for one of these, but if this page loading difficulty is any indication i will probably not put any real effort into it.
dkelley661

Post by dkelley661 »

Someone needs to let them know they don't need to apply social distancing rules on online customers.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Enactive wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:10 am
Looks like the bots are already grinding away. I can't even get the main knifejoker page to load this morning... it's just spinning.

I'd thought i might try for one of these, but if this page loading difficulty is any indication i will probably not put any real effort into it.
Their homepage always does that for me. I try to avoid it. Probably an adblocker thing. Any other page on their site should give you better results.
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

2 hours until the Jester from The Joker! :spyder:
https://www.theknifejoker.com/product/s ... -cpm-20cv/
•• Beau
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:51 am
Enactive wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:10 am

Their homepage always does that for me. I try to avoid it. Probably an adblocker thing. Any other page on their site should give you better results.
Thanks, as always, Beau. I was looking for that URL. Appreciate it.