Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Post by steelcity16 »

jabba359 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:35 pm

I hope they do a run with a DLC blade so I can add a second one, just in case this one disappears on me.

I can get on board with that! I'll buy any new Jester in FRN, Micarta, or G10 from any dealer, anywhere, anytime! Easily my favorite keychain knife and I have most variants now of the Ladybugs and Manbugs for comparison.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

jabba359 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:35 pm
Made it back home after a couple months away from work and had the Jester Sharp Guy sold me (at cost!) waiting. Thanks again for helping me out. This is a cool little knife and I hope they do a run with a DLC blade so I can add a second one, just in case this one disappears on me. I'll just have to make sure I pay more attention from now on. ;)
👍 My pleasure Kyle! Glad it worked out
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

That knife proved to be surprisingly popular. Perhaps they will do another run one of these days?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:07 am
That knife proved to be surprisingly popular. Perhaps they will do another run one of these days?
The forward jimping/index finger ergos take the usefulness of these little guys to the next level, imo. Initially, I felt the GITD was a little gimmicky and almost hesitated on buying one.. but I'm really glad that I changed my mind and was able to get one.. it instantly became my favorite "small knife"..

I'd love to see more runs of the Jester, too! Honestly, I'm almost surprised the it isn't a regular production model.. in my head it's a "better Ladybug."
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

DSH007 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:22 am
Doc Dan wrote:
The forward jimping/index finger ergos take the usefulness of these little guys to the next level, imo. Initially, I felt the GITD was a little gimmicky and almost hesitated on buying one.. but I'm really glad that I changed my mind and was able to get one.. it instantly became my favorite "small knife"..

I'd love to see more runs of the Jester, too! Honestly, I'm almost surprised the it isn't a regular production model.. in my head it's a "better Ladybug."
I like the Ladybug and the Manbug. I don't dislike the Jester, I just don't 'get it'.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Been loving this thing.
PXL_20211013_041825627.jpg
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Loving mine as well! The world needs more Jesters! K390, Cru-carta, Salts, and a TiCN version of this GITD one! Bring em on!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:34 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

I like the Ladybug and the Manbug. I don't dislike the Jester, I just don't 'get it'.
It's all about choking up. That spine jimping is also incredibly useful in precise pull-cutting, with the crook of the index finger curled up in there. Whether it's a push or a pull, it feels snug in the hand in a way that the straight-spined Manbug/Ladybug variants--and especially the wharncliffes, with the bowed spine--just can't. I probably grip the Jester normally at most 20% of the time.

And the pressure point is right behind a full belly, so it's really easy to change the amount of blade that's actually cutting.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

dj moonbat wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:48 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:34 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

It's all about choking up. That spine jimping is also incredibly useful in precise pull-cutting, with the crook of the index finger curled up in there. Whether it's a push or a pull, it feels snug in the hand in a way that the straight-spined Manbug/Ladybug variants--and especially the wharncliffes, with the bowed spine--just can't. I probably grip the Jester normally at most 20% of the time.

And the pressure point is right behind a full belly, so it's really easy to change the amount of blade that's actually cutting.
I like my Jester but I already use my Manbugs, Ladybugs, and even Dragonflys the same way. I put my index finger down the spine just like you would on a Jester. Recently I was comparing how they feel. They all feel fine. They're just different shapes. The cutting edge shape on the Jester is identical to the Ladybug. So really it's a toss up or me
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I've been ignoring GITD for decades so I was very surprised that this current stuff glows much brighter and for several hours. It could be useful if you were sleeping in a tent or the like. It inspired me to get the GITD Delica, which I usually leave on a bedside bookcase about a yard away from a dim lamp. With that little bit of charging, it still glows enough to easily find it in the dark a few hours after lights out .
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.