Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RustyIron

Re: Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Post by RustyIron »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:36 pm
If you have a lynch nw wire replacement clip and the clip screw & barrel from a df2 you can add a clip to any frn lb3 or Jester

That's pretty cool. I don't WANT a clip on my LB3, but it's tempting because I have a screw and wire clip here in my desk drawer.
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Well I tried, but my wife said, “I can try it, but it’s so small.” And then we looked at the Jester and she said the same thing! Wait what!? :winking-tongue

Really though, she thought it was cute but it’s not joining her rotation (pink Native5, Endura4 and Delica4.) Oh well.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Mine went immediately into my watch pocket. I think it'll stay there for the next month or so. I have a LB HB on my keychain, but the jester in the watch pocket gets used a lot more often. I'm headed to California in a couple weeks, and I think I'll make the jester my only EDC while I'm there.
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

TomAiello wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:23 am
Mine went immediately into my watch pocket. I think it'll stay there for the next month or so. I'm headed to California in a couple weeks...
your post instantly "song bombed" me, lol
Robert Plant / Jimmy Page (LedZeppelin) wrote: Goin' to California with an achin' in my heart
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair
Not a bad "song bomb" at all, so - Thank you :)

u.w.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

DougC-3 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:53 am
JRinFL wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:33 pm
Mine arrived on time (huzzah) but I have not opened the box yet (boo) as I replaced the engine on my mower, then mowed the lawn in high-90’s temps with a feels-like rating of 106 F. That was a mistake. :hot-face :spiral-eyes
I made the same mistake at same temp but didn't have to replace the engine. Stay hydrated (but don't try to do it by breathing 95% humidity air) :hot-face
When I reached a certain age I got more stubborn but not wiser. :neutral

Back on subject, I opened one of the Jesters today. It nice having a Jester I can use now instead of the original that is too sentimental for me to risk losing or breaking. A little lock rock which I deem normal in backlocks without an internal stop pin.

I do hope to see more Jesters as exclusives. It would be a fun model to collect and more affordable as well.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

JRinFL wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:01 am

I do hope to see more Jesters as exclusives. It would be a fun model to collect and more affordable as well.
Noting your sig, "Wharnie for the whin!," I whondered it if's time yet to whine for a wharnie :/
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

DougC-3 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:58 am
JRinFL wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:01 am

Noting your sig, "Wharnie for the whin!," I whondered it if's time yet to whine for a wharnie :/
It's never too soon!
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

any chance someone bought this just because they wanted a jester in 20cv and doesn't like the glow in the dark handle? i wouldn't mind giving my ladybug hawkbill a glow in the dark handle if you're trying to get rid of yours. :)
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Heads up: Check your pivot screws. Mine was very loose. No threadlocker of any kind on it.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Finally took possession of my 2. I think this is my first order from KJ and I too love the little extras! Makes it feel like a holiday to open the box. Really like this little knife. Really Really like the blade shape and would love to see a larger version on a Dragon Fly.
metaphoricalsimile

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

Just got mine today. It's a cutie but it was also the dullest factory edge I've ever had on a spyderco. Wouldn't even slice paper.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Bemo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:48 pm
Finally took possession of my 2. I think this is my first order from KJ and I too love the little extras! Makes it feel like a holiday to open the box. Really like this little knife. Really Really like the blade shape and would love to see a larger version on a Dragon Fly.
That would be great, but I'd really like it with the same shape handle, scaled up an inch or inch-and-a-half longer overall length --> Jester XL! :tonque-out Excuse me for shouting, but with a pocket clip this would be a fantastic shirt pocket knife for use while driving or situations when it's difficult to get to your pants pocket.

Personally, if it didn't come with a clip, I would adapt a wire clip or use the Lynch wire clip substitute suggested by Spydergirl88, which I'm gonna order now to try on my regular size Jester.

I'm also thinking of buying a GITD Delica to keep it company... and maybe substitute a blade in the Delica... ideally a K390 Wharnie.

Edit: just bought one. They've got 'em for $90 now on eBay.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
JakeXman

Post by JakeXman »

Does anyone who got this have an original Jester to compare it to? I’m curious to see if anything has changed since the last run.
Tenacious G10 PE, Tasman Salt 2 PE, Tasman Salt 2 SE, Yojimbo 2, KJ Endura 4 D.P.S. 15 VG-10, LadyBug K390, TKJ Jester 20CV, UKPK Salt, Crucarta PM2, 204 Sharpmaker
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

JakeXman wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:33 am
Does anyone who got this have an original Jester to compare it to? I’m curious to see if anything has changed since the last run.
The original was burgundy micarta.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:17 am
nerdlock wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:51 am
I was reading/lurking here way back and I remember folks calling for Jester sprints. Well, here we are guys, and in 20cv nonetheless!
We've been waiting seven years! And the funny part is, it's exactly what the forum asked for! :cool:

This is a thread for a Jester sprint started seven years ago - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64116
When I started that thread, I put glow in the dark in the poll as something I personally wanted, not something I thought we'd ever actually see. I only just found out it became real and, of course, it's sold out. Ugh.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

jabba359 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:51 pm
When I started that thread, I put glow in the dark in the poll as something I personally wanted, not something I thought we'd ever actually see. I only just found out it became real and, of course, it's sold out. Ugh.
Got you covered. Check your PMs
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Glad to see that happen so quickly.
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:11 pm
jabba359 wrote:

jabba359 wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
nerdlock wrote:
I was reading/lurking here way back and I remember folks calling for Jester sprints. Well, here we are guys, and in 20cv nonetheless!
We've been waiting seven years! And the funny part is, it's exactly what the forum asked for! :cool:

This is a thread for a Jester sprint started seven years ago - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64116
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Enactive wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:27 pm
Glad to see that happen so quickly.
Sharp Guy wrote:
jabba359 wrote:

jabba359 wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
nerdlock wrote:

This is the sort of thing that I like about this forum. I was scrolling down, saw Jabba's post, started kicking myself for deciding not to get a backup and wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get one now, wondering if the'd do another run. Then I scrolled down and SHAZAM!! Problem solved :smlling-eyes
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
jabba359 wrote:
What!?!? Thanks! This is one I've wanted for so long! :preying
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

jabba359 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:58 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
jabba359 wrote:
What!?!? Thanks! This is one I've wanted for so long! :preying
^ This is the reason I bought a second one
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!