Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Re: Knife Joker GITD Jester 20CV!!

Post by ZrowsN1s »

It is VERY reflective.
I wish I could comment more on my experience with the Jester but someone is refusing to give mine back :'(

They did send me this picture though
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:56 am
It is VERY reflective.
I wish I could comment more on my experience with the Jester but someone is refusing to give mine back :'(

https://i.ibb.co/8N8NbDc/20210731-00330 ... 934580.jpg
I'm going to have to get some GITD 550 cord to make a fob for mine. That looks good!
-Nick :bug-red
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Mine arrived on time (huzzah) but I have not opened the box yet (boo) as I replaced the engine on my mower, then mowed the lawn in high-90’s temps with a feels-like rating of 106 F. That was a mistake. :hot-face :spiral-eyes
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JakeXman

Post by JakeXman »

I received mine today. The factory edge was ok, but I’m fortunate to have a copy with minimal lock rock—it’s less than my K390 LB. The bead is a nice touch. Thanks for putting this on Travis!
Tenacious G10 PE, Tasman Salt 2 PE, Tasman Salt 2 SE, Yojimbo 2, KJ Endura 4 D.P.S. 15 VG-10, LadyBug K390, TKJ Jester 20CV, UKPK Salt, Crucarta PM2, 204 Sharpmaker
SG89

Post by SG89 »

If you have a lynch nw wire replacement clip and the clip screw & barrel from a df2 you can add a clip to any frn lb3 or Jester Image
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:10 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:56 am
It is VERY reflective.

https://i.ibb.co/8N8NbDc/20210731-00330 ... 934580.jpg
I'm going to have to get some GITD 550 cord to make a fob for mine. That looks good!
I had trouble finding 550. This is a little smaller. I pulled the nylon core out too. With the core out I was able to tightly wrap the two ends together with duct tape and make the top of the tape 'pointy' enough to thread it partially through the bead. Then used a pair of pliers to pull it the rest of the way through. It was a tight fit, the jester bead is really tiny. You could probably get a single strand of paracord through it, but 2 was tricky.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:36 pm
If you have a lynch nw wire replacement clip and the clip screw & barrel from a df2 you can add a clip to any frn lb3 or Jester Image

Thanx for the tip! I'm going to try that. Although I really wish we could get a slightly smaller gauge wire clip than the Dfly clip. But to use a wire clip, you really need to file small grooves beside the screw, and I'd be reluctant to do that to my only Jester. Plus, there may not even be room for a groove below the lanyard hole, though there is on the Manbug. Yours is a beauty. Reminds me of the Coral Snake rhyme, "red & yellow kill a fellow."
Last edited by DougC-3 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

JRinFL wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:33 pm
Mine arrived on time (huzzah) but I have not opened the box yet (boo) as I replaced the engine on my mower, then mowed the lawn in high-90’s temps with a feels-like rating of 106 F. That was a mistake. :hot-face :spiral-eyes
I made the same mistake at same temp but didn't have to replace the engine. Stay hydrated (but don't try to do it by breathing 95% humidity air) :hot-face
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

My minimalist walk the dog/jog carry...a good replacement for the SUS410/HAP40 ladybug.

No regrets.

So it goes.
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

This lil guy needs to go back to regular production. The blade shape hugs your finger and jimping on the tip is very functional. I should have bought a spare.....its my first gitd knife too and I really dig it!.....Sal this needs to be back in production period!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:57 am
This lil guy needs to go back to regular production. The blade shape hugs your finger and jimping on the tip is very functional. I should have bought a spare.....its my first gitd knife too and I really dig it!.....Sal this needs to be back in production period!

Totally! No reason they shouldn't add this back into the lineup! A K390, H1 SE Salt, and PE LC200N Salt would all be fantastic!

Luckily I loaded up and bought six. The only reason I didn't hit submit when I had 7, 8, and 9 in my cart was that I am pretty sure there is another Jester exclusive in the works. Hopefully it comes soon and hopefully I can get six of those as well.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Airlsee wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:13 am
My minimalist walk the dog/jog carry...a good replacement for the SUS410/HAP40 ladybug.

No regrets.

https://i.ibb.co/ZM1hx4j/PXL-20210801-110751102.jpg
this almost looks blue, did you dye yours? I've wondered if a very light RIT Dye in blue or pink would change the color of the glow in these scales or if it would completely ruin the glow?
Zive

Post by Zive »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:31 am

Totally! No reason they shouldn't add this back into the lineup! A K390, H1 SE Salt, and PE LC200N Salt would all be fantastic!

Luckily I loaded up and bought six. The only reason I didn't hit submit when I had 7, 8, and 9 in my cart was that I am pretty sure there is another Jester exclusive in the works. Hopefully it comes soon and hopefully I can get six of those as well.
Any specifics on who’s putting out the next exclusive run or what steel they might use?
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:58 am
Airlsee wrote:

No regrets.

this almost looks blue, did you dye yours? I've wondered if a very light RIT Dye in blue or pink would change the color of the glow in these scales or if it would completely ruin the glow?

No, I didn't dye it. I just hit it with a Surefire for about 20 seconds and took the picture, no filters or anything.

I would be interested in seeing one dyed though. The key is green though...
So it goes.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Mushroom wrote:
Airlsee wrote:

No regrets.

The zome gitd spydies dont glow where theres dye. Granted they are dyed black and use a lot of it. I wouldnt go with a dark dye and I certainly wouldnt use a lot of dye in any color.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Airlsee wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:43 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:58 am
Airlsee wrote:

No regrets.

No, I didn't dye it. I just hit it with a Surefire for about 20 seconds and took the picture, no filters or anything.

I would be interested in seeing one dyed though. The key is green though...
I think my screen is distorting the colors, it looks blue to me. :grin-smiling-eyes Also, I thought the key was silver and was reflecting the knife because it is glowing so bright. LOL
VooDooChild wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Airlsee wrote:

No regrets.

The zome gitd spydies dont glow where theres dye. Granted they are dyed black and use a lot of it. I wouldnt go with a dark dye and I certainly wouldnt use a lot of dye in any color.
That's a good point. Anything too dark might reduce it's ability to absorb light in general. It would probably have to be a quick dip in a light color.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

What is the GITD material in the FRN? And why does it work so much better than the stuff in the paracord?

Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

Really like the blade shape and it does seem easier to open than a ladybug. Have not decided whether I really like the GITD, or not. Very useful knife.
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
I'm not generally big into knives with much belly, but with the jimping right above the belly, I can open packages as if I have the sharpest fingertip in the world. If you started from the ground up to design a knife for opening packages, you would have a tough time unseating the Jester as your benchmark.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

dj moonbat wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:27 pm
Cowboyfromhell wrote:
I'm not generally big into knives with much belly, but with the jimping right above the belly, I can open packages as if I have the sharpest fingertip in the world. If you started from the ground up to design a knife for opening packages, you would have a tough time unseating the Jester as your benchmark.
I use the Manbug Wharncliffe the same way. Index finger on the spine. I like this little Jester but for me there's no way it's going unseat the Manbug Wharncliffe for package in opening duties. That straight edge is perfect. A Jester Wharnie could do it though
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!