Millie Minority

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
LetItBleed

Millie Minority

Post by LetItBleed »

It’s been a long drought of any Millie sprints and exclusives maybe the Rex in 2018 was the last(pardon me if I got it wrong just going off memory). I know the stock levels lasted longer then the dealers would have liked on the exclusives in the past and maybe that’s the reason we haven’t seen any new exclusives but it’s a shame there hasn’t been a single run of exclusives or sprints for a few years.
The Military is my favorite knife and I know it’s not wildly popular but as new runs come and go and new models set the stage this lonely lover of yesterday’s forgotten waits patiently for a new Millie to come home.
Would like to hear from the Millie Minorities, misery loves company.
yablanowitz

Re: Millie Minority

Post by yablanowitz »

I'm still saving money for a Maxamet Military. Too bad so many calls for a comp lock Millie have derailed production of real ones.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

All I can say is that I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the Rex Millie while it was around. It is my first and only Military, and I will probably be okay with that, but it's a shame that the Military seems to be such an outlier when it comes to production.
So it goes.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Yeah I keep hoping for a CPM 4V Military from St Nick's or a Maxamet production model, but who knows when or even if these things will happen.

The Military needs more Sprint/Exclusives, but PLEASE stick with the liner lock! It suits the knife so much better IMO. I have no idea why we need yet another compression lock knife.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
jdw

Post by jdw »

I agree with the above posts. Please give us a Military Sprint/Exclusive and please don’t mess with the liner lock. The design of the Military is pretty much perfect as is.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Millie forever y'all! :cool:
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'd love to see 4V or a green & black cruwear run.
:unicorn
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Maxamet, 10V, 4V, Magnacut. C’mon!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Ti Framelock, in Vanax.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
PStone

Post by PStone »

I'm still holding my fingers crossed for AEB-L. :spyder:
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

I'm also anti-comp lock for the Military. The design is great as it is, I just want some tool steel options as I already have a stainless one in S110V. Cruwear, M4, 52100, K390 (duh) would all be amazing choices for me. I get the feeling that the Military must not be a popular model outside of its devotees, but I hope they know that any model they release will sell out eventually. Lock variety is one of the great things about Spyderco, and they do a great job with the liner lock on this design.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
Nuh Nups

Post by Nuh Nups »

I would love to see another Military sprint or an exclusive. Any of the steel and handle combos mentioned so far. I’ve been hoping that DLT would do a run. Not only do I think they would pick an excellent steel and a nice handle color, I think they would probably order enough that most of us who wanted one would be able to get one.
Last edited by Nuh Nups on Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I will buy a Rex45 Military one day.
Just need that decision to be complicated by a serrated version as well as Rex45 Military 2s, Rex45 frame lock Millies, and stop locks.

Don’t understand the “anti-” different lock thing. Especially since we already know that’s gonna happen, we know that the liner lock isn’t being discontinued, and we know it’ll make other people happy.

Perhaps there’s worry the Compression Lock Military will “steal” exclusives and sprints from the liner lock?

As long as it’s Rex45 and a Millie, I’m interested. Also into 52100 and, of course, serrations. Essentially I wish those previous and any future sprints had/have serrated counterparts.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

I've got a blacked-out S30V Millie and I'm constantly surprised (I know I shouldn't be) by how great it is. I'd be down for the exact same pattern with a luscious tool steel.
Last edited by TheGiant80 on Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I definitely haven't given up on the Military but unless we see one in MagnaCut I'll probably pass unless it's SE too. I already have some excellent versions and there are some other models that are really bringing the competition and it just so happens that those models ARE offered in SE and they have other features that I prefer.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
kobold

Post by kobold »

I use my S110V daily in the kitchen, and I am waiting for the Maxamet and/or K390 models. I would also like Rex45, 3V, 4V and eventually Magnacut.. And most anything with serrations.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Cl1ff wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:18 pm
Perhaps there’s worry the Compression Lock Military will “steal” exclusives and sprints from the liner lock?
Hadn’t considered this possibility. :eek:

Given the madness for exclusives (≠ sprints, or flash batches) of late, this worry may have legs, but Sal has recently said Spyderco is trying to find balance…
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Matus

Post by Matus »

I had a look at the Military. Blade shape looks practical, handle hand filling - but does it have to be that crazy long? I mean - the cutting edge is barely longer than on the Chief, but the handle is considerably longer - even though Chief ‘wastes’ a good portion of the blade on the choil. For very most of us that kind of handle size just makes it clunky.

With that said … all that devotion and love should be acknowledged and you guys get my vote for a tool steel Military - if any knife should have it, it is this one.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
LetItBleed

Post by LetItBleed »

Matus wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:40 pm
I had a look at the Military. Blade shape looks practical, handle hand filling - but does it have to be that crazy long? I mean - the cutting edge is barely longer than on the Chief, but the handle is considerably longer - even though Chief ‘wastes’ a good portion of the blade on the choil. For very most of us that kind of handle size just makes it clunky.

With that said … all that devotion and love should be acknowledged and you guys get my vote for a tool steel Military - if any knife should have it, it is this one.
I can’t speak for everyone but having handled both the chief and military with gloves on; I find the experience far superior than with the the chief. The ability to operate the military one handed with all different types of gloves additionally the ability to change your grip when needed is why I personally enjoy the size of the handle.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Cl1ff wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:18 pm

Don’t understand the “anti-” different lock thing. Especially since we already know that’s gonna happen, we know that the liner lock isn’t being discontinued, and we know it’ll make other people happy.

Some of us subscribe to "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and feel that it is perfect the way it is. Personally, I'm a geezer and I don't like change for the sake of change, or the compression lock in general.
There is only so much production capacity. More models means that capacity has to be divided more ways, so less capacity is available for each model. Look how many Sprints and Exclusives there have been of other Golden models since the last new Military release. It's already happening.