KnifeJoy Exclusive PM2 - Green G10/DLC 20CV Steel

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: KnifeJoy Exclusive PM2 - Green G10/DLC 20CV Steel

Post by Sharp Guy »

Gtscotty wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:55 pm
I'm still resisting... I'm not the biggest fan of the Para format, but I do like the color and steel... On the other hand my new Kapara hasn't even arrived. I think if I can avoid ordering tonight, they'll probably be gone by the time I get back from camping this weekend.
I think I saw earlier that you didn't have a PM2 yet? How can you know whether or not you'd like one until you've had one? I wasn't too sure about them either until I held one at a dealer. I ended buying a used one off the exchange. I think I have 6 or 7 currently. It really is a great design
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:46 pm
Gtscotty wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:55 pm
I'm still resisting... I'm not the biggest fan of the Para format, but I do like the color and steel... On the other hand my new Kapara hasn't even arrived. I think if I can avoid ordering tonight, they'll probably be gone by the time I get back from camping this weekend.
I think I saw earlier that you didn't have a PM2 yet? How can you know whether or not you'd like one until you've had one? I wasn't too sure about them either until I held one at a dealer. I ended buying a used one off the exchange. I think I have 6 or 7 currently. It really is a great design
I don't have a Para 2, but I have an original Paramilitary and I have Para 3 lightweights. I like the general format ok and like comp locks, but tend to prefer blades that are narrower spine to belly as they take up less pocket real estate. I'm sure I'd like the Para 2, and I'll get one at some point, but that's why I decided to try a Kapara instead this time around after mentally settling on the KJ Para 2.

20CV is one of my favorite steels, but I do kind of wonder if it is functionally worth a $30 increase over S45VN. I guess you get a non-black G-10 scale color as well, which is nice. All in all, I'm sure it will be a great knife, congrats to those that got them.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Still in stock at Exclusive Dealer.

https://knifejoy.com/spyderco-c81gpngrb ... ade-knife/
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
SpydieTerp

Post by SpydieTerp »

So many people "bored" with PM2's and M390/20CV. What a time to be alive - I hope folks appreciate that. Just a year ago, these would have been gobbled up in minutes. I picked one up to have something that stands out in the collection. I figure if I hate the color, I'll swap them out since there are one or two people making aftermarket PM2 scales ;) . I love the compression locks so much more than all the lockbacks in the catalog.

Now, if I can just find a dang plain edge Shaman for sale somewhere, anywhere, not called "eBay", I'd be a happy man. Did all the Shaman tooling sink to the bottom of the lake in a tragic boating accident?
Current collection: Bow River, Chaparral Raffir Noble XHP, Dragonfly ZDP-189, Lil' Native M4, Manix 2 LW 20CV, Native 5 LW SPY27, Native Chief M4, Para 2 S30V, Para 2 20CV, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 33 DLC CRU-WEAR, Para 3 Maxamet, Salt 2 SE, Shaman S30V, SpydieChef LC200N, Tenacious S35VN
Recent purchases: Shaman S30V
On the radar: Caribbean Sheepsfoot
Lost: Delica 4 LW (stolen), Native 5 LW S110V (kept by TSA screener / refused to mail)
Wishlist: Shaman Micarta
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

SpydieTerp wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:00 pm
So many people "bored" with PM2's and M390/20CV. What a time to be alive - I hope folks appreciate that. Just a year ago, these would have been gobbled up in minutes. I picked one up to have something that stands out in the collection. I figure if I hate the color, I'll swap them out since there are one or two people making aftermarket PM2 scales ;) . I love the compression locks so much more than all the lockbacks in the catalog.

Now, if I can just find a dang plain edge Shaman for sale somewhere, anywhere, not called "eBay", I'd be a happy man. Did all the Shaman tooling sink to the bottom of the lake in a tragic boating accident?

I looked for a Shaman Satin Plain Edge and couldn't find one in stock amongst 10 dealers! Hang in there and resist paying more than the MAP price of $210!

There seems to be a shortage of some models. For instance, BladeHQ does not have a single ParaMilitary2 or Military of any model in stock!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Mine should be here tomorrow I hope..finally..
Josh
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Finally arrived. Did anyone else get one? Let’s see them!
Josh
notfixingit

Post by notfixingit »

----------------------------------------------------
Spyderco and Tops enthusiast
Obsessed with DLC Cruwear for some reason
Knives, Guns, and Watches, yes please

- Tom aka NotFixingIT
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Ordered three and kept one. Sent the other two to a friend in Australia since they wouldn’t ship internationally.
B6B69F7E-0F3D-4746-8FBA-285684110C4B.jpeg
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Chuck James

Post by Chuck James »

Here's one of my KnifeJoy's after shaping up the edge.....17 degree main edge and 22 degree micro bevel edge. :D

Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Chuck James wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:54 pm
Here's one of my KnifeJoy's after shaping up the edge.....17 degree main edge and 22 degree micro bevel edge. :D

That's a nice edge Chuck! :)
•• Beau
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Mines still got some ridiculous lock stick. :(
Josh
FRNFanboy

Post by FRNFanboy »

Got the Fat Carbon scales ready and waiting!
notfixingit

Post by notfixingit »

murphjd25 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:40 pm
Mines still got some ridiculous lock stick. :(
A little lube and about 100 flick open/closes while watching netflix solved mine

- Tom aka NotFixingIT
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Mines got more issues then that. I’m debating on sending it to the mother ship. I’ve tried everything in the book short of taking the blade out and lightly sanding the lock ramp. On mine it looks like it accidentally got DLCed and they didn’t sand all of it off.
Josh
notfixingit

Post by notfixingit »

murphjd25 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:07 pm
Mines got more issues then that. I’m debating on sending it to the mother ship. I’ve tried everything in the book short of taking the blade out and lightly sanding the lock ramp. On mine it looks like it accidentally got DLCed and they didn’t sand all of it off.
If you have a pointed ceramic rod for sharping serrated knifes, you could try running it along the ramp?

- Tom aka NotFixingIT
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

notfixingit wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:25 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:07 pm
If you have a pointed ceramic rod for sharping serrated knifes, you could try running it along the ramp?
I think that’s what I’m going to try next, just haven’t got around to it yet. I picked the wrong career field to have free time in the summer.
Josh
Chuck James

Post by Chuck James »

I've been using my new knife from KnifeJoy for a couple weeks now. This knife is turning out to be a great work knife and the edge is holding up quite well...I'm actually surprised how well!!!
The knives came fairly tight out of the box. I pulled all screws and set them back with loctite a little more tight than they came. Oiled up the pivots and started using them. They have both gotten very smooth with use. I do not like my blades so loose that they free fall, I prefer a little tension on the blades.

If someone is looking for a great knife to use...this is a good choice!!!
Image Image
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

Mine finally showed up a couple of days ago. The green's not as vivid as I was hoping for from the pictures, but it'll see some use anyways.

When I moved the clip from tip-down to tip-up, one of the screws had the threads at its tip stripped off. That had me worried for a bit, but it still screwed into one of the holes (And only the one) at the new location so it's all good. Don't plan on moving the clip around any further, after all.
notfixingit

Post by notfixingit »

yowzer wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:53 pm
Mine finally showed up a couple of days ago. The green's not as vivid as I was hoping for from the pictures, but it'll see some use anyways.

When I moved the clip from tip-down to tip-up, one of the screws had the threads at its tip stripped off. That had me worried for a bit, but it still screwed into one of the holes (And only the one) at the new location so it's all good. Don't plan on moving the clip around any further, after all.
Put on a lynch clip and the left screw was the same for me, thankfully I had some extra black ones laying around.

- Tom aka NotFixingIT