Mystery DLT Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sn0wman72

Re: Mystery DLT Exclusive

Post by sn0wman72 »

Home-run? Pretty sure the release will be a Shaman, Red G10 scales with a satin blade
ravendove

Post by ravendove »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:31 pm
ravendove wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:28 pm
I just came back to this forum to look for a serrated G10 rookie again and found this thread like it was fate. Now I'm hoping that's what this is. I never was able to find one since I posted about it a few years ago.
I see serrated g10 rookies on ebay a few times a year
Maybe it's time I figured out how to set up automatic alerts on eBay. Though I thought I found one a while back, the add said new in box serrated, and when I got it the blade was non-serrated and had a crack on the cutting edge. It was a fight getting them to take it back and refund it. Been a little uneasy about trying again on eBay since.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

ravendove wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:02 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:31 pm
ravendove wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:28 pm
I just came back to this forum to look for a serrated G10 rookie again and found this thread like it was fate. Now I'm hoping that's what this is. I never was able to find one since I posted about it a few years ago.
I see serrated g10 rookies on ebay a few times a year
Maybe it's time I figured out how to set up automatic alerts on eBay. Though I thought I found one a while back, the add said new in box serrated, and when I got it the blade was non-serrated and had a crack on the cutting edge. It was a fight getting them to take it back and refund it. Been a little uneasy about trying again on eBay since.
The rookies I've seen weren't even labeled as "rookie" they were just labeled as "spyderco knife". So the auto alerts won't help you on those. But you could also try https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/ind ... /spyderco/

Sorry to hijack the thread. Back to guessing what steroid mark Mcguire's arm has to do with spyderco...
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Based on the color palette, I'm guessing it will be DLC and brown/tan scales...micarta? And Cruwear or any other "tough" steel...all of these are just conjecture though.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

They are obviously doing a run of PE G-10 Hawkbill Dragonflys in Cruwear.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

It maybe a Spyderco Baseball Bat in solid MagnaCut :)

Maybe even a folding baseball bat. One of a kind)
archangel

Post by archangel »

A Tuff in its original mix of materials is a true grail knife. Any exclusive would mean they'd use different materials, with high risk of a downgrade... I doubt they'd do this.

I want an original Tuff..........
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

My guess is street beat. A tuff guy in a tank with a bat screams street brawl.
MRj “Weak things break!”
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The last Rookie sprint took forever to sell out. I doubt it’s a rookie.

I would buy a Tuff.

We are probably over thinking it though. Probably a Para2, Para3, Shaman or Chief. Because that’s what most exclusives are these days.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Steet Beat does fit the vibe of the pic, but I’d be surprised to see a fixed blade exclusive. That’s pretty much folder territory.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

What if its a Catcherman??? :cool:

Or a 7th inning Stretch?
Last edited by VooDooChild on Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
mb1

Post by mb1 »

If it’s self defense related…what would you need against a bad guy with a bat? A gun! Ha

But we could dream of the Ayoob. Another Yo2 would surprise me, as would a Yojumbo or a Civilian (though there was a Tufram Civ…that’s a stretch.)
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
levs18

Post by levs18 »

I’ve been hunting for a Tuff for years. I think it’s one of the most practical, heavy duty designs ever made. I’m clearly hoping for this to be a run of those. The Tuff needs a tough steel though! I believe that 20cv is DLT’s thing but it is not ideal in this application.

The prospect of the Tuff being a reality again though, it the things dreams are made of!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

kerrcobra wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:47 pm
Street Beat would be awesome - as long as it isn't Red. I think Cruwear with purple scales would be awesome!
A purple Street Beat would get my money, SO FAST!

Just the thought of it... :eek:
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

He has a pit in his arm so I'm guessing a Spyderco PITS in 20cv.
•• Beau
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

mb1 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:37 am
Steet Beat does fit the vibe of the pic, but I’d be surprised to see a fixed blade exclusive. That’s pretty much folder territory.
My thoughts as well. I really doubt that it is going to be a fixed blade exclusive, so I would give it a very slim chance of being a Street Beat.

A few years ago at the SFO Seconds Sale in a conversation with Ed Schempp, he briefly mentioned that he himself would be interested in seeing Spyderco bring back the Tuff. Also said he might like to see it in 4V. ;)

I'm still hoping this particular exclusive it a Tuff, but I'm sure it's just wishful thinking on my part. :cool:
-Nick :bug-red
benben

Post by benben »

Remember the late seventies gang movie “The Warriors”, Bats were one of the weapons of choice! But no way would I expect it to be a Warrior.
rangefinder

Post by rangefinder »

If you saw someone like that prowling around your yard, what would you do? You'd call the police. So my guess is it's a dealer exclusive Police.

It'd be awesome to see a Police in the black Cruwear/OD green FRN combo they did on the Delica and Dragonfly. They're all made in Seki, so it's at least theoretically possible.
JMM

Post by JMM »

rangefinder wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:47 am
If you saw someone like that prowling around your yard, what would you do? You'd call the police. So my guess is it's a dealer exclusive Police.

It'd be awesome to see a Police in the black Cruwear/OD green FRN combo they did on the Delica and Dragonfly. They're all made in Seki, so it's at least theoretically possible.

[+1]

Heck yeah for this idea, my fave so far....

:D
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Police or Tuff would be definite buys for me. I'm not really into the Para 2, but Para 3 might be interesting. The 3 works well for me, but it's not my absolute favorite, and I have several good ones (including previous DLT exclusive) and I'm not sure I'd need another.

I'm less of a fan of the Street Beat than most people, which is odd because I carry fixed blades a lot more than most knife people I know. If it was a Street Beat exclusive, I'd probably pick it up for novelty, though.