Lil’ Native LW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Lil Native LW

Yes, but with a comp lock
38%
Yes, but with a back lock
34%
Yes, but with a slip joint
1%
Not interested in a LW
16%
Not interested in the Lil’ Native
10%

Total votes: 68

Dazen

Lil’ Native LW

Post by Dazen »

So I’ve been using my Lil’ Native a lot now, and I use it clipless in the bottom of my pocket. I think it has almost booted out my Urban for this roll. One thing the Urban has over the Lil’ Native is it is a bit thinner and a little less grippy. For something clipless I see this as an attribute that a LW Lil’ Native would possess. Of course a smooth contoured Lil’ Native might do the trick, I feel a LW would have a better chance of happening. I would love the comp lock, but wouldn’t mind a slip joint. What do y’all think?

Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
SG89

Re: Lil’ Native LW

Post by SG89 »

Comp lock lil native lw with wire clip all day
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JMM

Post by JMM »

I don't care for the compression lock on knives this small, so back lock would get my vote. I'm really excited to try the slip joint Lil' Native here in the next few weeks, I would guess if it does really well an LW would follow...

:)
Ric

Post by Ric »

Same as spydergirl88

But I like that the lil native is a lil sage which features different locks. All the available variants should get the lightweight treatment.

It's the smallest compression lock so this definitely!
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

I am really enjoying my lil' native s90v sprint but I don't think I would be interested in a lightweight version. I prefer the feel and texture of carbon fiber or G10 over FRN. Also the lil' native is plenty light already as it is.

The main benefit of a LW version would be cost. I'm all for having a cheaper version of the lil' native I just personally don't really like FRN if I can get a G10 version instead.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I would also prefer to see a Lil Native LW use the compression lock first. Compression lock FRN with BD1N, similar to the Para 3 LW. Though with that said, I think a Backlock Lil Native LW would make a good Salt model and would slot right into catalog next to the Native 5 Salt. ;)

I wonder if each Lil Native lock type will get an FRN version at some point?
-Nick :bug-red
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:05 pm
I would also prefer to see a Lil Native LW use the compression lock first. Compression lock FRN with BD1N, similar to the Para 3 LW. Though with that said, I think a Backlock Lil Native LW would make a good Salt model and would slot right into catalog next to the Native 5 Salt. ;)

I wonder if each Lil Native lock type will get an FRN version at some point?

I agree. I think the backlock lil' native would make a great Salt model. If I remember correctly, they already have the lc200n blades from the benshot rocks glass so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before there is a lil' native salt.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Salt backlock. Nothing else need be said.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Doc Dan wrote:Salt backlock. Nothing else need be said.
Jimping, serrated edge option
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I agree a back lock salt would be an amazing knife. I would also want a non salt comp lock version.

My ideal configuration would be AEB-L, in the low 60’s, with Burgundy FRN. Of course available in PE and SE!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Back lock for sure for me. I find the comp lock particularly awkward on a small knife. I generally prefer the standard clip, but on lightweight/small knives, the wire clip works just as well.

Also, I'm assuming a salt version would be one of the main reasons for doing a lightweight and they've never done a salt comp lock to my knowledge. Given the popularity of the comp lock, I'm guessing there is something that makes the lock difficult to produce in a rust proof form. Pure conjecture here, of course.

If they do decide to make a comp lock salt, I think we'll see a para3 lw salt first as they already have the frn moulds and the para3 seems to be much more popular than the Lil native.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:46 am
Back lock for sure for me. I find the comp lock particularly awkward on a small knife. I generally prefer the standard clip, but on lightweight/small knives, the wire clip works just as well.

Also, I'm assuming a salt version would be one of the main reasons for doing a lightweight and they've never done a salt comp lock to my knowledge. Given the popularity of the comp lock, I'm guessing there is something that makes the lock difficult to produce in a rust proof form. Pure conjecture here, of course.

If they do decide to make a comp lock salt, I think we'll see a para3 lw salt first as they already have the frn moulds and the para3 seems to be much more popular than the Lil native.
The Caribbean is a Salt model with compression lock.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

You would think by now the Lil Native backlock would have an exclusive or sprint... Doesn't seem like a big seller. I guess we will see if it gets any love this year
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

I whould like to buy a Lil Native backlock and also the upcoming Slipit.
Unfortunatly both are black G10.
I still own a Lil Native Rex45 and I love it.
I ordered a SV90 aus well.
It whould be great if also the Slipit and backlock will get colored.

ASF

u
austrian_spyder_fan

Post by austrian_spyder_fan »

Backlock LW K390?

viewtopic.php?t=87200
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:56 am
Notsurewhy wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:46 am

The Caribbean is a Salt model with compression lock.
I forgot the Caribbean was a salt. Thanks for the correction.
SRT392HEMI

Post by SRT392HEMI »

I'd be down for any new Lil Native variants, my favorite in it's size class.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

austrian_spyder_fan wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:35 am
Backlock LW K390?

viewtopic.php?t=87200
We can only dare to dream. I still want a back lock LN in this steel in the worst kind of way.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
araneae

Post by araneae »

It's gonna be a lightweight lockback with a wire clip. At least the Proto was at Blade Show.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

araneae wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:35 pm
It's gonna be a lightweight lockback with a wire clip. At least the Proto was at Blade Show.
Love to hear it. Was it an LC200N Salt model?