Caly 3 & 3.5 LW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
samdasnake

Re: Seki-City treatment

Post by samdasnake »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:52 am
These were originally Moki made if memory serves me correct. Are there any current Spydies coming out of Moki? Is Seki-city taking over production? That’s a slam dunk case for K390 if so! The ZDP and Superblue 3’s I rotate are some of my favorite knives for EDC. I’d definitely be in for a K390.

Not so much a 3.5 though; I wasn’t as fond of that size in the Caly treatment and gave it to my dad. He lost it at a playground with my son — I hope the kid who found it becomes a Spydieholic as a result.
The most recent knife I personally have from Moki is my Caly Jr super blue. I’m also curious about current production from Moki. I think Sakai has the lions share tho.
gull wing

Re: Caly 3 & 3.5 LW

Post by gull wing »

Regular production or........limited.....
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Supacede

Post by Supacede »

gull wing wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:48 pm
Regular production or........limited.....

Hopefully regular production on into perpetuity. I'd have to think JD would agree the caly platform belongs in his golden era even though I'm not sure the original variation (ukpk) fits into that time period. Gotta be close, though.

I think the caly deserves to be a mainstay in their catalog, hopefully the lw version proves this out in sales and longevity.

Excited for this one.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Reality has rudely intruded into my fantasy world, and I've been away from the Spyderco forum for several weeks, "taking care of business." Has there been any news of the Caly FRN Lightweight that I may have missed?
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:16 pm
Reality has rudely intruded into my fantasy world, and I've been away from the Spyderco forum for several weeks, "taking care of business." Has there been any news of the Caly FRN Lightweight that I may have missed?
Hope all is well and glad to have you back. Nothing that I am aware of unfortunately.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Saucerito

Post by Saucerito »

I think the latest from Sal was back in February.

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.p ... 5#p1600538
:bug-red-white Para Military 2, Sage 1, Sage 5 LW, Manix 2 LW Translucent Blue, Delica 4 LW FFG, Delica 4 LW Wharncliffe 20CV (KnifeJoy), Persistence, Resilience, Bow River, Stretch 2 XL SE, UKPK Salt, UKPK Drop Point Red G10 (Heinnie Haynes), Caribbean SE, Spydiechef, Endura 4 Wharncliffe, Endela, Salt 2 (RIP - Galveston Bay), Dragonfly 2 Salt SE (RIP - Gulf of Mexico), Centofante III (sold) :bug-red-white
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Saucerito wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:30 pm
I think the latest from Sal was back in February.

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.p ... 5#p1600538
Thanks for quoting. I had forgot about that comment. That sounds like very promising news!
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005