Will the S45VN CQI to the PM2 find its way to other Golden models

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bob_Patterson

Re: Will the S45VN CQI to the PM2 find its way to other Golden models

Post by Bob_Patterson »

sal wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:19 pm
Hi Bob_Patterson, Hullk,

Welcome to our forum.

Hey Zuludelta,

There are so many new steels popping up lately that any plans that might have been made might be adjusted.

sal
Thank you so much. It’s a pleasure to be here! I certainly have a lot to learn. I also have a bad case of “SAD”. Spiderco Acquisition Disorder.” 😁
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

notfixingit wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:39 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:37 am
notfixingit wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:02 pm
I've been trying to find one of the new s45vn pm2 for a few months now, so far only seen 1 camo/satin on eBay and it sold quickly, granted any pm2 right now is a challenge.
Which version are you looking for?
Black DLC is the main one, but I'd probably take a camo DLC too and just swap the scales.

I have the Cruwear/Micarta on order, although I wish they would done that on DLC and a Maxament that should be here Thursday
yeah, the DLC s45vn's are pretty sparse right now. I was hoping you'd say satin blade. :rolleyes: I'll try and keep an eye out.
•• Beau
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

sal wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:19 pm
Hey Zuludelta,

There are so many new steels popping up lately that any plans that might have been made might be adjusted.

sal
Perfectly understandable. With SPY27 (which by Larrin's testing seems to perform like finer-grained, easier-to-maintain S35VN), S45VN (which marries some of the best characteristics of S30V & S35VN), and Larrin's game-changing Magna-Cut, it looks like you guys have your work cut out for you with regards to determining which steel will eventually supplant S30V as the standard production steel for Golden models.

I think any reasonable user would be more than ecstatic with any of them (S30V/S35VN continues to serve me well in my work knives), though I imagine Magna-Cut will be a premium option for a while, occupying the same pricing space as S110V, Maxamet, M390/20CV/204P, and S90V.