Spyderco Warranty & Repair - Top Notch!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
fixall

Spyderco Warranty & Repair - Top Notch!

Post by fixall »

When the Spyderco/Murray Carter Itamae collaboration was released, I rushed to purchase the Gyuto in Super Blue. The knife I received had a slight warp in the spine (likely from the heat treatment process). No big deal, it's a long, really thin, san mai knife. It happens! The store I ordered the Gyuto from made a mistake on my first order and accidentally sent me a Bunka Bocho... And I used a coupon (that was now expired), so I didn't feel like dealing with the headache of sending it back to the dealer again (not to mention the shipping cost). I decided to just live with it. Until the other night at least. I was cutting onions and the tip was causing unparallel cuts, which was bothering me considering the price of the knife. So I packed it up and shipped it out the Spyderco Warranty & Repair Department to see how that would go. This is the first knife I've had to send to Spyderco, so I was a bit curious.

They received it on June 7th. On June 14th a brand new Spyderco/Murray Carter Itamae Gyuto was delivered to me, no questions asked. Never mind that I owned the original knife for over a year. Amazing turnaround time (especially considering all that's going on) and amazing service that exceeded my expectations. I know we've all come to expect wonderful customer service when dealing with Spyderco, but I don't think we should take it for granted... Thus the shoutout. :)

Thanks Spyderco!

Last edited by fixall on Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aaronkb

Re: Spyderco Warranty & Repair - Top Notch!

Post by aaronkb »

Awesome to see. I feel like there’s been a little bit of beating up on Spyderco lately, so I’m especially glad for this post. Congrats on your new knife!
Chleiti

Post by Chleiti »

Kudos to the staff from me too- I requested a replacement clip recently and only realized after it shipped that I forgot to ask for the screws as well. Not only did my clip arrive yesterday with a full set of screws, there was a fourth spare screw and a little single use tube of loctite included. Fantastic customer service.
vivi

Post by vivi »

glad to hear it. that is a stunning knife. maybe i'll treat myself to one some day ;)
:unicorn
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Wow, great service. And wow, what a knife! I'd kill for one of these.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.