Endela Popularity

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
WaSpFaCtOrY

Endela Popularity

Post by WaSpFaCtOrY »

Just picked up an Endela today, and the knive is the perfect size between the Delica and the Endura. I can’t believe this model is not as popular as the other two!!!! I Wish they had more colors and steel options.
Last edited by WaSpFaCtOrY on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Endela Popularity

Post by TkoK83Spy »

It's a fairly new model, probably just needs more time to gain popularity. I don't know how it is outside of the forum, but I know it gets lots of love around here! I actually have the K390 version in my pocket as I type this ;)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I carried my K390 Endela yesterday. It is a great size. I agree with Rick that it's a new model. The other two have been around a long time. So they have a big following
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'm with you! I have had a few each of all of the popular models over the past few years and the Endela is my favorite and most carried. It really is the perfect "goldilocks" knife falling between the bit too small Delica and the sometimes unwieldly Endura (although I still love my Enduras and carry them second most to the Endela). If I could only have one Spyderco it would be my K390 Endela. I hope to eventually see more versions like an LC200N Salt, Cru-carta, and DLT exclusive OD Green TiCN Cruwear, etc.

I guess some people are just anti-FRN, anti-non-USA-made, anti-backlock, etc. But I would take my Endela over a PM2, Para 3, Shaman, Native, Chief, Military, etc.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I have 2, k390 and vg10. What I consider a "large" knife for me. Really great knife.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Very long Endela thread from not too long ago. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83925&hilit=endela
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
z1r

Post by z1r »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:07 am
It's a fairly new model, probably just needs more time to gain popularity. I don't know how it is outside of the forum, but I know it gets lots of love around here! I actually have the K390 version in my pocket as I type this ;)
Me too. I love the Endura, but can't carry one. The Endela perfectly splits the difference between the Delica and Endura IMO.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi WaSpFaCtOrY,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

I'm carrying my K390 Endela today, in fact. :D

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:16 am
I carried my K390 Endela yesterday. It is a great size. I agree with Rick that it's a new model. The other two have been around a long time. So they have a big following
What a terrible choice for a new avatar!! :p Brewers and Cubs just can't get away from each other so far this year in the standings. Win together, lose together!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
z1r

Post by z1r »

Until seeing that other thread, I didn't realize the Endela is only 2 years old. That K390 blade make sit an awesome cutting machine.
KenD

Post by KenD »

K390 Endela with Lynchnw deep carry clip is my (current) all time favorite carry knife! It's with me 7 days a week.
I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives. - Billy Connolly
z1r

Post by z1r »

KenD wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:51 am
K390 Endela with Lynchnw deep carry clip is my (current) all time favorite carry knife! It's with me 7 days a week.
Yeah, I think if I would have bought an Endela to start with, especially the K390, I might not have bought a dozen other models, lol. What fun would that have been?
FourStringFiend

Post by FourStringFiend »

The Endela could easily be a one and done model for most people. As others have said it fits in that perfect sweet spot. I am a long time Endura fan and it competes for pocket time.

Now we just need the same concept for the Native line....
Matus

Post by Matus »

If I only used logical thinking when buying knives (what would be the fun in that though ??), then indeed the k390 Endela would have to be my first (and maybe even the only) knife.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
James Y

Post by James Y »

I only have one Endela, a VG-10 SE version. IMO, the SE Endela has among the best out-of-box serrations; ready for use immediately, without any need to round off the points.

Jim
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

James Y wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:26 am
I only have one Endela, a VG-10 SE version. IMO, the SE Endela has among the best out-of-box serrations; ready for use immediately, without any need to round off the points.

Jim

I've only said it like one million times before :D : Yes, the Endela SE does have the perfect serration pattern also imo.. It finally converted me to SE over PE in almost any task.

Besides, the Endela is a really slim and light carry, despite featuring liners. Just a few grams "heavier" than a Manix LW and a tad more cutting edge.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Another fan of the Endela here. Don't quite like it better than the Delica, but when I want something a touch larger the Endela is a fine choice. They both have a place in my rotation of regularly carried knives. The K390 versions are a nice upgrade in steel, been happy with the stuff so far.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
Kid

Post by Kid »

Endela k390 is on my wish list. Already bought a few knives in the last month so I have to wait or my wife will kill me.
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

The Endela is becoming one of my favorite knives that I do not carry clipless/loose in the pocket. Just feels and fits my hand well. Prefer it to the endura/pac salt size. The Endela and Police are probably the ones I use the most.